Skip to Content

Upgraded your camera firmware

Discuss and share your wildlife photography, filming and equipment
DuQues
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Re: ATTN Canon 7D owners!

Unread post by DuQues » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:30 pm

The download actually contains manuals in several languages.

In short, copy the .fir file to a CF card and wake up the camera.
Insert the card. Well, maybe take the one in the camera out first if need be. ;)

Pop over to the Menu and manouver to the third from the right. The bottom option says Firmware Ver x.x.x.
Enter on that one, and follow the instructions.

Make sure your batteries are full enough first!

You can do it via the computer too, but that is a roundabout way which I never use.
Not posting much here anymore, but the photo's you can follow here There is plenty there.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

DuQues
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Re: ATTN Canon 7D owners!

Unread post by DuQues » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Note that an update on the update was released: http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Sys ... :13-974139
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera stops working when the auto power off setting takes effect.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the maximum number of images that can be captured in a burst may be less than the actual number displayed in the viewfinder.
3. Corrects some errors in the message displayed on the LCD screen when saving RAW images developed in the camera.
Not posting much here anymore, but the photo's you can follow here There is plenty there.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Return to “Wildlife Photography Enthusiasts”