Skip to Content

Under the Ubuntu Tree 2011 -2014

A place to share our common humanity, a place where you know you're not alone, a place to recognize and congratulate one another.
salamanda
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Don English

Unread postby salamanda » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Keep up the excellent work Don. It is a great feeling to know that there are people like you upholding the name of KNP and working from the heart. Thank you :k :clap: :clap: :clap:

DinkyBird

Unread postby DinkyBird » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:16 pm

I have a tiny little granddaughter, and I have had frightening thoughts that she might never see a rhino in the wild when she is grown. But then I think of the work you and your teams are doing Don, and I know that thanks to your brave efforts, my little granddie will see that rhino. :clap: :clap:

Duke Ellieton

Unread postby Duke Ellieton » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Thank you Don and team for the great work you do :clap: :clap: :clap:

cheetah2111
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby cheetah2111 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Don, we are so thankful for your fighting to keep our precious ones safe!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kruger 2014!!!

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!

Bush Baptist
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Bush Baptist » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:04 pm

To Don and all the other brave anti poachers, I salute you. :thumbs_up:

Thanks for doing such important work on behalf of your country and all reasonable mankind :clap: :clap:
Whatever (according to BB): "You are correct but I don't want to admit it".

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread postby RosemaryH » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:46 am

Morning all :D

Just to pass on a message received from Don English:

Thanks so much for the mail and please pass on my sincere appreciation to all the persons who posted these kind words of appreciation.

:thumbs_up:
Rose

Golden Rule of any SANPark - DO NOT feed or put food out for ANY species whatsoever!

Show some LOVE In The ♥♥♥ SANParks Valentine Competition ♥♥♥

wyld@hrt

Many Thanks to.... Many

Unread postby wyld@hrt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:35 am

Hi Guys

Not new on here, just dont post much. You guys keep me well enough informed to be able to keep me happily silent (mostly). I would however just like to share my experience over this past weekend. There used to be a complaints and compliments topic but for the life of me I just cant find it at the moment so excuse the 'new' topic.

Firstly, this weekend was a bit of a last minute thing and was simply meant to be 2 day visits with friends who had never been here before. Late Friday though, LATE Friday, while in Skukuza for a final stop it was decided that a stay at least for a night would actually be great so off to Reservations I went. Many thanks to the lady present, I'm honestly bad at names so please excuse me, as she helped very promptly and efficiently in getting a booking at Berg n' Dal for the following evening.

Secondly, (simply in chronological order) I must give most effusive praise to Rasta (his name I did get :lol: ) who was our guide for the sunset drive at BND. Unfortunately, there was a lout on board who was 'on something' :wall: and generally made life miserable for the majority with his foul mouth and demeanour. Unfortunately, a group of guys in the back saw this as their opportunity to jump on the band wagon so to speak and made things.... not so great :wall: Congrats to Rasta who, when finally had enough, had the lout (sorry, no other word suffices) removed via Steven (?) who came to pick him up. Great work all round that :clap: The last hour of the drive then continued without a hitch and with great sightings; Elephant, Rhino and for my 10 year old charge the absolute highlight.... lions. Thanks Rasta, a really good outing.

Lastly, but certainly most leastly, to the Manager at the Jackalberry Restaurant in Skuks (I didnt get a name :lol: ) I must certainly say a very grateful thank you for the waffles you organised on Sunday Mid-morning even though you were closed at the time. You have NO idea how bearable you made the drive back to Harties. Woman and what they want and all that.... :roll: Sir.... I salute you as a gentleman, a scholar and a peacemaker :clap:

I have the pleasure/misfortune (in equal amounts) to travel to various resorts up and down the Eastern half of the country in my job and honestly, the service I received this weekend far surpasses what I get at 'so called' 5 star places. Hats off to all.

Cheers Everyone

DinkyBird

Re: Many Thanks to.... Many

Unread postby DinkyBird » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:40 am

Thank you for the feedback w@h ... am going to place your post in a forum so your compliments can be forwarded to Kruger.

Pjw
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Pjw » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Don is a legend. I met him back in Feb while doing HR duty during the strike. He was riding around on his scrambler looking foe a suspicious vehicle. I never saw it and had to leave Kruger later that day. Hope it was a false alarm!
"In the end we conserve only that which we love, we love only that which we understand, we understand only that which we are taught"
(Baba Dioum, Senegalese Ecologist)

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Re: Many Thanks to.... Many

Unread postby RosemaryH » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi wyld@hrt thanks for sharing :thumbs_up:
I certainly will pass your compliments on :D
Rose

Golden Rule of any SANPark - DO NOT feed or put food out for ANY species whatsoever!

Sharifa

Compliments to two special people in MZNP

Unread postby Sharifa » Thu May 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Jeani Botha at reception who is very friendly and helpful and does a wonderful job :clap: :clap: :clap:

Richard Okkers who was our guide for the cheetah tracking walk and the evening drives. He is very knowledgable about the Park and goes out of his way to find you those special sightings :clap: :clap: :clap:

anne-marie
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Compliments to two special people in MZNP

Unread postby anne-marie » Thu May 03, 2012 10:30 pm

:hmz: it's possible to "buy" Richard... for another tracking :whistle: Cheetah traking of course :lol:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye
Le Petit Prince

planing KTP janv/fev.2016

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread postby RosemaryH » Thu May 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Wow, sounds great. Thanks Sharifa, I will pass this on.
Rose

arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby arks » Mon May 07, 2012 11:36 am

I can second Sharifa's praises for Jeani and Richard. Indeed, all SANParks staff at MZNP whom I encountered are a credit to SANParks, but Jeani and Richard (who co-led my cheetah tracking adventure with Michael Paxton) are definitely superb! :gflower:
RSA 2015
1-30 June Darling
30 June-8 July National Arts Festival, Grahamstown
8-15 July Mountain Zebra
16-22 July Cape Town
16-28 November Cape Town
29 November-20 January Darling

arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

kudos for Mapungubwe

Unread postby arks » Mon May 07, 2012 11:43 am

I recently spent five very rewarding days at Mapungubwe and was most impressed by all the SANParks staff I encountered there. But two were exceptional:

Freda at the Limpopo Forest Tented Camp, remembered for her warm smile, her enthusiasm and her helpfulness.

Lawrence, a waiter at the new -- and excellent -- restaurant adjacent to the interpretive centre, a standout for his enthusiasm, excellent recommendations (I had lunch one day and a late breakfast the next), and welcoming smile.

Both actually hail from Phalaborwa and are also a credit to their home town! :gflower:
RSA 2015
1-30 June Darling
30 June-8 July National Arts Festival, Grahamstown
8-15 July Mountain Zebra
16-22 July Cape Town
16-28 November Cape Town
29 November-20 January Darling

Return to “Under the Ubuntu Tree”