Skip to Content

Under the Ubuntu Tree 2011 -2014

A place to share our common humanity, a place where you know you're not alone, a place to recognize and congratulate one another.
Rooies
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Compliments to forum members

Unread post by Rooies » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:32 pm

I echo your sentiments Enrico and I have also from time to time thanked all of those put so much time and effort in the travel tales. Although I read each and every travel tale, I choose not to comment for the simple reason that there already so many comments and my ooh and aah will only clog the trip report. It will then take me so much longer to catch up with any report. On the other hand, if the reporters do appreciate as much comments as possible, thenI will add my opinion.
Give thanks for unknown blessings already on its way---African saying
Member nr 8512
Cheetah supporterPURIST and proud thereof

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by RosemaryH » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:05 pm

:thumbs_up: enrico and Rooies. Have to agree with you both :)
So much time goes into a Trip Report.
Thanks to all the Trip Reporters for my daily fix!!!!
Rose

Let's get voting - it's that time of the year!!! Website Community Choice Award - Kudu Awards 2016 - Voting Opens

Boorgatspook
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Boorgatspook » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Ditto! Although I also don't post much there, I enjoy each one immensely. Keep it up everyone, we all appreciate the effort to bring/share your unique tale with the rest of us :thumbs_up:

bert

Unread post by bert » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Enrico
You are so very correct
without the Trip Reports this forum wont be the same
Its like reading about adventures and enjoyments of others while i sit at home :mrgreen: :lol:

Mutiman

Re: Thank you SANParks people

Unread post by Mutiman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Recently booked our next Kruger visit. Haven't been there in 3years and am suffering serious withdrawal symptoms. Behavior is still rational, so that means i'm addicted but not abusive.
We would like to say a special thank you to Irene at Central reservations for her kind help and also to Pinky at Letaba rest camp for her friendliness and assistance.

:) :thumbs_up:

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Re: Thank you SANParks people

Unread post by RosemaryH » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:09 pm

:thumbs_up: Mutiman, I shall pass this on :D
Rose

Let's get voting - it's that time of the year!!! Website Community Choice Award - Kudu Awards 2016 - Voting Opens

AjayB
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Shingwedzi -Superb service from Ignatius Matsilele!!

Unread post by AjayB » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:11 pm

I love Shingwedzi. The staff there though, just make me love it even more. Rose is just a gem of a human being and has always been a pleasure to deal with.Even when the campers are grumpy and cooking in 45 degrees, she keeps her cool. Ditto Mmakoma and others at the restaurant who have always been super friendly and fantastic with the kids.

But special mention today has to go to Ignatius at the shop. His fulfillment of a seven month old promise has made me one very happy camper. It so easily could have fallen through the cracks but he followed through when many others would have talked the talk, but never intended to walk the walk.

Whats this all about you ask?? The prized possession in question is a Shingwedzi sticker for my collection on my gas bottle, which arrived today in a little brown envelope. Its space has been reserved for some time now with the shop being out of stock on our previous 2 visits..... So this last time when we visited in July 2011 and they were sold out again, I spoke to Ignatius. He couldnt tell me when the supplier would be bringing stock again but diligently took down my details with the reassurance that when he got stock, he would pop one in the post. Its not a big thing to anyone but me and I know how busy the place gets and how easily something as unimportant as a little sticker could have been overlooked. So a huge thank you to Ignatius Matsilele for completing the Kruger collection. I will be seeing you again in December to thank you again personally, but until then, keep up the great work. :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs_up:

flying cheetah
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Shingwedzi -Superb service from Ignatius Matsilele!!

Unread post by flying cheetah » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:55 pm

That'a good to hear :dance: :dance:
I also like Shingwedzi and its stuff and I'm sure I have met Ignatius Matsilele my self but can't put a face to the name at the moment..
Akukho nyon' endiz' ingahlali phansi. (Zulu)
There is not a bird that flies and never sits down.

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by RosemaryH » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Great post and lovely story AjayB !! Thanks for posting :thumbs_up:

Its not a big thing to anyone but me

It seems Ignatius knew exactly what it meant to you :D :D
Kudu's to Ignatius on a job well done. Now that's what the word service means and good example of it :thumbs_up: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Your comments are on their way.
Rose

wildflowergirl
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by wildflowergirl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:43 pm

:D
You might get me out of the bush, but you won't get the bush out of me, it's deep in my heart

Penny
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Excellent service from Edwin at Orpen

Unread post by Penny » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:23 pm

If all the Sanparks staff were as smiling, happy and willing to please as Edwin at Orpen day visitor's picnic area then I would be as happy as a cricket. What a delightful man, happy to converse about all the people we knew in common in Dixie and Hluvukani andextremely obliging with matches and a wash up of all our picnic plates for which he was tipped. This employee is an asset to Sanparks and some of the surly ones on duty elsewhere who treat it as "a job", should take a leaf out of his and Joe's (Nhlanguleni) book. Joe is always delighted to see us (we have known him for many years) and his instant recognition and friendly attitude are a drawcard that makes me believe that these are now the two best run picnic areas in Kruger. Well done to both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the staff at the takeaway at Lower Sabie should be sent for training to Joe and Edwin!
NO BAIL - JAIL AND NO TRADE IN RHINO HORN EVER!
[color=#FF0000]NO TO BUILDING OF HOTELS IN THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK[/color
24 Sept 2015 Hlane, 25-2 Burchells, 2-4 Elephant Plains, 4-7 Satara, 7-9 Pretoriouskop, 9-15 Ngwenya, 16 Hluhluwe
The addiction is fed once again

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Re: Excellent service from Edwin at Orpen

Unread post by RosemaryH » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi Penny

Thanks for posting :thumbs_up: I certainly will pass this on.

Well Done Joe and Edwin :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rose

Sparks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Open message to that moderator called Bert

Unread post by Sparks » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:15 am

The photo competition started off with a bang and ran pretty smooth until.............well lets just say the wheels had a bit of a wobble and a comedy of errors threatened to scuttle the whole project.

In stepped our Prince of Orange on his trusty white steed and managed to salvage the work put in by all the participants and judges. With an almost superhuman effort Bert picked up the pieces and salvaged the competition from the recycle bin.

For all your hard work (and it was a lot) I thank you and I am sure the rest of the entrants feel the same.

Thanks Bert :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Adventure is out there. Go find it

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Re: Open message to that moderator called Bert

Unread post by RosemaryH » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:47 am

:thumbs_up: Bert!!
Rose

Duke Ellieton

Re: Open message to that moderator called Bert

Unread post by Duke Ellieton » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:04 am

Bert :clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “Under the Ubuntu Tree”