Skip to Content

Reservation questions/advice

Find information and FAQ's not related to the parks, like Health & Safety, 4x4 etc.
iLoveMeerkats!

Re: Online booking Advice needed

Unread post by iLoveMeerkats! » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:14 am

Me too! I put 3 weeks worth of what I wanted and got them all! And it took less than a day to hear back. Only 1 mistake and that was mine! You don't have to pay right away by the way. You have 2 months and then it is just a percentage of what is due.
Now I just have to wait until December to get the rest of my bookings. Ohhhhh I am so excited! Kruger is absolutely the only thing that I plan ahead of time.

Dabchick
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: frustration with booking requests!

Unread post by Dabchick » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:52 pm

threedogs wrote:I didn't use the online system because I didn't want to outlay R12,000-00 rand before I had to! :) However, I changed tactics and faxed the reservation requests to the Central Booking Office and it was all sorted in 24 hours. I think I was just unlucky to get someone not so efficient the first time...
Thanks for your help everyone.

Yes, it is a pain not to be able to pay just a deposit using the online system - wonder what the rationale is for this? When I book more than 6 months in advance I call central reservations (don't have the patience to wait for an email :twisted: - my guts keep on twisting into knots with worry that I'm going to loose my prefered bookings :roll: :D ), otherwise I prefer the online system.

DuQues
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by DuQues » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Dabchick wrote:wonder what the rationale is for this?

Very likely to stop people from booking things they don't need? Thus messing up the system/

But at any webshop I use I have to pay in full, always.
Not posting much here anymore, but the photo's you can follow here There is plenty there.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Dabchick
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Dabchick » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:10 am

DuQues wrote:
Dabchick wrote:wonder what the rationale is for this?

Very likely to stop people from booking things they don't need? Thus messing up the system/

This explanation I'm happy with - it makes sense

DuQues wrote: But at any webshop I use I have to pay in full, always.

This one not so much so - at other webshops I buy goods, and one always pays for goods before "walking out of the shop", but accommodation isn't something I can "steal" or walk away from without paying - and if one is paying for something that you're only going to collect 11 months later it isn't unreasonable to expect to be able to pay a deposit and the rest closer to the date.... but okay - there are other options available so I'm not going to argue too much...

ruud

Unread post by ruud » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:45 am

threedogs wrote:I didn't use the online system because I didn't want to outlay R12,000-00 rand before I had to! :) However, I changed tactics and faxed the reservation requests to the Central Booking Office and it was all sorted in 24 hours. I think I was just unlucky to get someone not so efficient the first time...
Thanks for your help everyone.

The other 'problem' could be that when you have booked online, you cannot change the reservation..
So we always make our bookings by calling the reservations departement and they are always a great help! And within a hour I receive my reservaation by email.Perfect!! :thumbs_up:

Ruud

Mgulube

Unread post by Mgulube » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:36 am

Wait a minute :hmz: :hmz: As far as I know, you can "ammend" your booking when booking online
Sometimes the perfect gift is a cheery smile

BosMal

Advance Booking - Day Visit into KNP over December 2010

Unread post by BosMal » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Good Day All,

I was wondering if it is possible to book a "day" visit into the park over the December holiday period, as I learned from experience that it is impossbile to gain entry into the park if you are "late" (normally we arrive at the gate - Crocodile Bridge - at about 06H00 only to find that we are to late, rows of cars in front of us. :( Only a certain amount of cars are permitted into the park. Family members from as far as Namibia will be visiting. :clap:
We will be staying at our "Bos Huisie" in Marloth Park - cannot wait. :thumbs_up: :cam:

Regards

BosMal

woodlin

Re: Advance Booking - Day Visit into KNP over December 2010

Unread post by woodlin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi BosMal - as easy as phoning in to reservations, requesting the date and specifying which gate. The payment of R24 per person is non-refundable if you don't take up the reservation, which must be taken up by 13:00. Although you still need to queue, they seem to be more efficient lately with processing visitors. Definitely book if it is over a weekend or on a public holiday, otherwise perhaps not necessary during week. :D
"And there is a silence beneath the trees, the living silence of continuous sound"

ice

Unread post by ice » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Mgulube wrote:Wait a minute :hmz: :hmz: As far as I know, you can "ammend" your booking when booking online

of course you can...call it "amend", call it "change"; I just did that with a reservation at KTP where I switched from Mata Mata to Twee Rivieren

LindaMP

to book or not to book

Unread post by LindaMP » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi everyone I am hoping to find some info here on the forum, before I start the long hard look for right phone # and email adds, we have 3 weeks to spend in the Kruger mid January, but we don't want to book we just want to arrive and stay at which ever camp we feel the need for for as long as we like and then move on to the next camp, because the school holidays will be over we are hoping to just do it, is this allowed or do we have to book for each camp we want to visit? we are going to be camping so no need to worry about chalets.

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: to book or not to book

Unread post by Hugh » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Hello there and Welcome to the forum.
Have a look at the availability under Tourism in the column on the left. and see which camps still have space.for January and that will give you some idea on how busy the Park will be at that time. You might be very lucky but its best to check first
Camping:-where you spend a fortune to live like a homeless person

Imberbe
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Imberbe » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:14 pm

You should be able to pull it of, especially since you have the camping equipment.

It is a risky strategy since KNP is extremely popular and there is high occupation throughout the year, and no longer only during school holidays ... especially in the chalets, etc.

I would however warn you that you may find that you cannot get the camp you want, when you want it. Also see to it that your conservation fees and exit permit is accurate, since you may find yourself in trouble if you loose some papers and want to leave eventually. They may keep you there forever! :twisted: :lol:
Imberbe = Combretum imberbe = Leadwood = Hardekool = The spirit of the Wildernis!

Want to know more about the SANParks Honorary Rangers? Visit www.sanparksvolunteers.org

One positive deed is worth more than a thousand critical words.

LindaMP

Unread post by LindaMP » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:34 pm

ahhh thanks guys this is what happens when a blond is left to sort out the holiday :dance: it was much easier last December with all the bookings in place and everything paid for now it just does not feel so right but going to make the most of it
Keep me there forever :hmz: think i can live with that lol

wheckroodt

Unread post by wheckroodt » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:06 pm

:mrgreen: I use http://www.KrugerPark.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; also an online booking system. They are agents. You don't pay extra and you only need to pay 30 days before you go. I recently got a 5% discount from them for my next stay which will be Dec 16 - 26 Dec. Kruger won't give you that.
Wilheck

Satara 19-22 July 2015
Letaba 23 - 25 July 2015

macktheknife

Unread post by macktheknife » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Personally I wouldn't risk going without pre-booking although IMO it does seem like a good way to do Kruger, I would rather book and make the most of what I get without the stress or possibility of dissapointment! :)

Return to “Advice needed (Not Park Specific) ”