Skip to Content

Reservation questions/advice

Find information and FAQ's not related to the parks, like Health & Safety, 4x4 etc.
Yoda
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Reservation Question

Unread post by Yoda » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi All,

Some help/advice please.

So I have booked for my trip to Kruger in December 2013. 8 nights in total.
Due to various family issues, I will probably only be able to use 5 or 6 of the 8 nights.
The deposit is due by mid-February. But at this stage I won't know exactly which 6 nights I will be using. I won't know if I will need to drop the first one (or two) or the last one (or two).
I will probably have a clearer idea closer to the time in October when the full amount becomes due.

So my question is this.
Is it ok if I pay the full deposit now, and then only take 6 days of the booking, will the excess just be allocated to the booking as a whole?
Will there be any sort of penalty or ammendment fee?

Thanks
Yoda

Sharifa

Re: Reservation Question

Unread post by Sharifa » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:16 pm

That will be fine yoda. Cancel the nights you do not require before you pay the second deposit and there will be no penalty or amendment fee.

look here :wink:

kite
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Booking Cancellation advice urgent!!!

Unread post by kite » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 pm

I am still trying to find out all the rules and procedures with regard to Internet bookings!
But I think if you had originally selected the option of a credit on your Sanparks account, then the money would be there available for you to use!
If a more desirable option of hut becomes available, is it easy to transfer booking to it online or does original have to be cancelled first, thus risking ending up with nothing at a busy time?
:oops: :admin:

kite
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: amending reservations online

Unread post by kite » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:31 pm

I would also like to know about this option!
It so happens that at busy times like school holidays and long weekends there is little availability so waiting till an office opens could well result in losing the booking!
:oops: :admin:

kite
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Questions regarding cancellation of booking

Unread post by kite » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:16 pm

After spending some time seeking out advice on booking changes over 8 pages of ADVICE NEEDED, I would like to suggest a new topic with the title of :- RESERVATION QUERIES and ADVICE . The previous topics relating to this could be moved here in a similar way to the WILD CARD queries were moved to their own page.
Maybe a separate page for online booking queries could also be opened.
Please consider this.
:thanx: :admin: :thanx:

spargish
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by spargish » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:27 pm

As far as I can remember when I did it, you select review existing booking,you can then add to the itinerary, once you have selected the new accomadation you would like it takes you back tyo the review existing booking screen before you check out.

You can the cancel the other type of booking, you will see it refelcts the dates for each different camp you will be at. You need to click on the arrow next to the one you would like to cancel. it then expands so you can cancel that accomadation or even just remove days instead of cancelling together.

I hope that makes sense :hmz:
NO to OSV privleges! Equality for all Guests!
TR Cricket Days and last nights of Summer now on

kite
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by kite » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Well, that does sound feasible, but I am still rather reluctant to try it.
I should be braver!

Yoda
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Yoda » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Agree with kevjones, why not just go in person, or give one of the offices a call?

WildThing
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Questions regarding cancellation of booking

Unread post by WildThing » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi Bushbuck - if you cancel a booking 30 days or less before you go, you will not loose your money if you book for later dates in the Park. Your new booking must be for the same value as the previous one - if not then you loose the difference (known as Modification Fees).

yvs

Re: How can I change my booking?

Unread post by yvs » Wed May 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to change a reservation from a booking in one park to a booking in a different park using the online booking system?
And if so, is it possible to have the amount paid for the original reservation transferred to the new reservation (when using the online booking system to make the change)?

Since I have to book a long time in advance I would like to know if such a change would be possible if for some reason I have to change my plans.

YvS

Moira de Swardt

Payment reference number wrong

Unread post by Moira de Swardt » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:57 am

The other day I made payment for the Addo leg of my holiday. I made a typographical error in the reference number. When I did noticed that I have not received confirmation of the payment I checked and discovered the error. :big_eyes:

I hope this can be rectified and that I have not just paid for someone else's holiday. I can't afford to pay again. :(

I have sent an e-mail to reservations and will phone first thing on Monday morning.
I don't get to the Parks nearly often enough, despite two trips to the KNP and one to Golden Gate this year.

Moira de Swardt

Re: Payment reference number wrong

Unread post by Moira de Swardt » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Good news! There was no such reference number as the one I used as a reference number. Everything is sorted and I have been correctly credited.

Yay, SanParks
I don't get to the Parks nearly often enough, despite two trips to the KNP and one to Golden Gate this year.

RayB1

Changes to Caravan reservations.

Unread post by RayB1 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi as new Wild card holders we intend visiting KNP out of season in August 2014. As pensioners we are not really time constrained!
What is the situation if we decide we would like to stay a day or so LONGER at a rest camp thus extending our total time within KNP? or alternatively cutting short a reservation at Camp "A" by a day or so and moving on to a new camp where we have not made a booking?

Obviously we understand that any extension of our stay comes with the additional accommodation charges.

If it is possible to have flexible reservations out of season that would be a very big plus for Wild card members.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Ray Bester

Delene D
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Changes to Caravan reservations.

Unread post by Delene D » Fri May 30, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi Ray. I hope you get a reply from the mods soon or from the admin people. I also would be happy to hear the reply to your question. We have been caravanning in Kruger every few years for a while and should have asked this question sooner. I think though if you would like to move on earlier you could go to the office and see if you could amend your booking and if there is place at the other camp they would possibly let you move on. Not sure if there would be a cost involved for changing your booking. In 2009 we had to change our bookings a few days before we were due to go as my husband had an emergency op. The Head Office of bookings were very understanding especially as we sent them a Doctors Certificate, but because the change of booking came so late we were about to leave the Park for 4 days after Letaba. On a day trip to Satara I saw the Camp Manager and he allowed us to stay in an emergency site for those 4 days (no electricity), but I must say we could have stayed with electricity because the camp was only half to 3 quarters full every night and there were plenty of stands available. Also we had to stay at Pretorius Kop for 9 days because we could not get into Skukuza until a certain date. This was all during Pensioners Discount time so I think the camps are pretty full during that time. Good Luck. I look forward to seeing whats advised.

isinkwe
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2014)

Re: Changes to Caravan reservations.

Unread post by isinkwe » Fri May 30, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi Rayb1

You can change your booking while in the park anytime you like, as long as there is available space at the camp you wish to go, I have often changed camps while in the Kruger, no problem, just visit the reception and ask them to see if there is space for you elsewhere, they will change your booking then and there, then just hitch your van and move to the next camp. :D

Don't just pitch up at a camp and hope they have space, always check at any reception first.
I hate it when the voices in my head go silent.......I never know what they are planning. :roll:

So when is old enough to know better supposed to kick in ?

Return to “Advice needed (Not Park Specific) ”