Skip to Content

First time Addo visitor

Find information and FAQ's not related to the parks, like Health & Safety, 4x4 etc.
L.A.M

First time Addo visitor

Unread postby L.A.M » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Hi All,

Looking forward to an amazing first visit to the ADDO Park - However I have run in to a couple hickups and was hoping I could get some much needed advice. :dance:

Myslef and partner (From the US) are travelling in mid 15th 16th September to the park, we will be travelling the garden route from there on to CPT maybe staying in Knysna.

We are planning on spending one night at the Spekboom camp site and one night in Thunzi Guest Lodge - However we have no experience of the facilities at Spekboom and are actually unable to book - I have sent an email to the reservation team email suggested online.

However I was hoping someone had a better method in making a booking?

Also not sure whether we need to book activities for the trip? Elephant back Safaris do these require pre-bookings? Is a 4x4 necessary for a self guided tour? How is the Spekboom campsite? What should I expect???

Super excited for an awesome vacation. Looking forward to showing my girlfriend from Boston, USA around - Been talking and planning for months now.

Thanks!!!

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Re: First time Addo visitor

Unread postby lion queen » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:02 am

L.A.M wrote:Hi All,

Looking forward to an amazing first visit to the ADDO Park - However I have run in to a couple hickups and was hoping I could get some much needed advice. :dance:

Myslef and partner (From the US) are travelling in mid 15th 16th September to the park, we will be travelling the garden route from there on to CPT maybe staying in Knysna.

We are planning on spending one night at the Spekboom camp site and one night in Thunzi Guest Lodge - However we have no experience of the facilities at Spekboom and are actually unable to book - I have sent an email to the reservation team email suggested online.

However I was hoping someone had a better method in making a booking?

Also not sure whether we need to book activities for the trip? Elephant back Safaris do these require pre-bookings? Is a 4x4 necessary for a self guided tour? How is the Spekboom campsite? What should I expect???

Super excited for an awesome vacation. Looking forward to showing my girlfriend from Boston, USA around - Been talking and planning for months now.

Thanks!!!

Hi L.A.M. and a warm welcome to the forum :gflower:

I had a look at the availability here

Still tents available for that weekend, maybe you should register as an online client and make your reservation via the online system.

More info on the facilities at Spekboom can be found here and here

You can have a look at the Addo Index for topics about activities available in Addo.

Enjoy your trip, I do hope you'll have a great time! :thumbs_up:
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

Return to “Advice needed (Not Park Specific) ”