Skip to Content

Reservation questions/advice

Find information and FAQ's not related to the parks, like Health & Safety, 4x4 etc.
Bushbaby
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Bouquets for Central Booking

Unread post by Bushbaby » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:14 pm

What a fab experience this on line booking is, I booked last night for 25 people, for 3 different time periods in 3 different types of accomodation and it was a breeze.

Our family is holding a get together in June next year and, after having the "date" debate for months I was not looking forward to making the booking (because of course, not one of the 7 families wants to stay the same amount of time) but Hester Van Den Berg made it so simple.

I mailed last night to central reservations and before 11am this morning I had a response on the phone from Hester.

Well done - and thank you, you are a credit to Sanparks!
Not all who wander are lost.
J.R.R. Tolkien

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Angel of the Year (2015)

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:36 pm

I am glad you have brought this up.
I had a similar experience. I decided one night, after an awfull day at work, all I needed was a Kruger break.
I sent in my request.
The next day, my take was, "I can do it, still a few steps from burn out".
Central booking was however more on the ball than I expected. They had already taken my bookings.
Burn out did not happen, thanks to their quick response.
I really did need a Kruger break.
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:15 pm

I have always had nothing but the very best service from Central Reservations and always use online bookings.

However, on Monday we decided to take a quick break to Addo this weekend so I submitted my online booking early Monday morning. Not a peep from them by yesterday afternoon and I was keeping a close watch on the 'availability'. Camp sites were going fast so I emailed reservations. Just had a reply now (24 hours later) to say the booking had been made and attached to the email was a screen shot of the booking form off the screen of the person who emailed me. Well, at least the booking was made but with only a day to go until our weekend away I thought we would have received some sort of confirmation. :?
Sawubona
Dalene

Loams
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Loams » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:22 pm

I booked online for a friend once and they had a similar experience. I prefer phoning in any case, their service on the phone is outstanding and then you know the place is yours. and if there's a sudden rush of bookings, you still get your place
Operation "Duke" Member

Being African is not determined by race, but by what's in your heart

cj001

Unread post by cj001 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:02 pm

the easiest way i have to book is by dialing
021 552 0008 (central reservations) cape town

Jumbo

Unread post by Jumbo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:08 pm

cj001 wrote:the easiest way i have to book is by dialing
021 552 0008 (central reservations) cape town

O no cj001, are you phoning from Nelspruit all the way to CT! :shock:
There is a number you can dial in Nelspruit that will give you the same service.

Nelspruit (013) 755 1988

molpol40

bookings

Unread post by molpol40 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:05 am

Hi, am new to forum, so hope someone can help :D lived in Sabie, Mpumalanga for 4 years, came back to England in 2001. In the magazine, think its called "Getaway" was a letters page. In it was an article about a company that could get you accommodation in the Kruger. It was much easier than using the SANparks e-mail/telephone system. Was run by a lady called Jackey, me and my SO booked through her in 2002. Really great service, got us the accommodation we wanted.Can anyone tell me if she is still taking bookings :?:I am visiting again next year. BTW Sabie is a great place to visit, can recommend lots of places to stay with great hosts :!: Best 4 years of my life in SA, visited Kruger nearly every weekend. :D :D

DebM
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by DebM » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:46 am

Hi Molpol40, you can checkavailability and complete online booking forms for each camp which is very useful.
Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them. Louisa May Alcott

drp_69

Credit Card Fee Payments

Unread post by drp_69 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:01 am

The time is now approaching for me to pay for our booked lodge in Mopani in July. There is an unusual CC payment method, where we fax the CC details to a SAN parks #, or, if you use a bank deposit it seem even worse, with an electronic transfer then faxing the details to SAN parks to apply the payment against your booking. These both seem frought with possible difficulties and hiccups. I think that the CC method looks the easiest.

Anyone have any advice. Which is the best and SAFEST method, regarding payment being recieved and no episodes of fraud etc. Take into account that I will be remitting the money from Canada.Thanks.

EricExSA
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by EricExSA » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:23 am

I do many transactions with my credit card on line and have never had a problem. It is easier for people to steel your info when they have the card, say at a gas station or any store for that matter.
I will retire in KNP
Just because I have a disability does not mean I am disabled.

arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by arks » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:34 am

SANParks has a form specifically for CC payments that they will email to you. It's a Word file and you can fill in all your details, save it, and email the filled in form back to them. Easy and safe, have done it several times with no problems. And you get the final confirmation form (the one that you need to take with you) for your booking by return email, so you know all is well.

Have a great trip!
RSA 2016
4,5 April Melville
6-19 April KNP: Croc Bridge, Olifants, Shingwedzi, Pafuri Border
20-24 April Mapungubwe: Leokwe
25 April-28 May Darling
29 May-19 June Cape Town

arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by arks » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:18 am

drp_69 did you read what I wrote above (copied again below)??? You can ask reservations to email you a Word version of the CC form, which you can fill in and email back to them. Works just fine. Send them an email requesting the form. No it's not "quite" as simple as online shopping, but it works just as well. There is no need to fax anything.

arks wrote:SANParks has a form specifically for CC payments that they will email to you. It's a Word file and you can fill in all your details, save it, and email the filled in form back to them. Easy and safe, have done it several times with no problems. And you get the final confirmation form (the one that you need to take with you) for your booking by return email, so you know all is well.

Have a great trip!
RSA 2016
4,5 April Melville
6-19 April KNP: Croc Bridge, Olifants, Shingwedzi, Pafuri Border
20-24 April Mapungubwe: Leokwe
25 April-28 May Darling
29 May-19 June Cape Town

Johann
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Credit Card Fee Payments

Unread post by Johann » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:10 am

drp_69 wrote:The time is now approaching for me to pay for our booked lodge in Mopani in July. There is an unusual CC payment method, where we fax the CC details to a SAN parks #....

I always use this method to pay my bookings with Sanparks and have never had any problems with it as yet.
Must just say that it is from SA and not overseas fax, but still its been without any hassles.

But it will probably be better doing it the way Arks does with the Word doc and just mailing that back to the person helping you with your booking.
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
Albert Einstein

Latest lifers from Kruger NP:
Black Coucal Centropus grillii Swartvleiloerie
Flappet Lark Mirafra rufocinnamomea Laeveldklappertjie

Katja
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Katja » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:18 am

drp_69 wrote:The form for that is on this web page and I have looked at it, I just wanted some re-assurance from others that have used this method, with hopefully no problems?

I have used this method since 2000 and never had any problems.

I always fax the document with my CC number but never send it by email. Faxes are safer in my opinion.
KNP: April 2016
KTP: October 2016

Daj

reservations

Unread post by Daj » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:08 pm

Can I ask the regulars about changing reservations?
For example, we put in a request for 3 nights at Olifants perimeter view and got back 2 nights Olifants (no view) and 1 night Orpen. This is for August 2006. I completely understand that this is what is available now, and better to book something than nothing ... but is it likely that in the next 4 months someone might not confirm a provisional booking and exactly what we wanted comes free? If I keep checking the website and see something come free on the availability chart could I put in a new request even after I've paid the deposit and/or full amount? Is it best to phone central reservations directly to make changes?
Advice welcome!

Return to “Advice needed (Not Park Specific) ”