Skip to Content

THE GREAT BALULE FORUM CAMPOUT AND CLEANUP

Find information and join us for the next forum meeting

BunnyHugger

Re: BALULE FORUM GET TOGETHER -CAMPOUT

Unread post by BunnyHugger » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:04 am

Thanks Bert. Got the PM.

Please keep us informed on delvelopments.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we are looking forward to giving something back to the place we all love so much.
Bunny Hugger

Conservation is not an option.
It's imperative.

Leave KNP alone. Go build a hotel someplace else. Reserves are for the preservation of wildlife.

Think Pink. ..

BunnyHugger

Unread post by BunnyHugger » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:23 pm

I'd like to suggest we camp out for the Easter weekend 2011, whenever that is.

This will give us time to arrange our lives and give camp management time to accomodate our request / demunds. :whistle:

It will give us time to put together an itinary: (Suggested as follows)

Friday; Arrival and settle. Meet the people. Have a few drinks and game drives. Night, wild party telling old strories of Kruger and sightiings. Saturday, go clean up around Balule, pick up all the beer bottle we accidentall dropped over the fence plus various items of clothing thrown wldy about during stip poker game.
Night, drink some more and have another wild party.
Sunday, Recover from Hangover and clean up Nwamanzi. Sunday night, wild party.
Monday, fall asleep for four days to recover from wild parties.

In the alternative, no wild parties will be had by anyone since it is actually a nature reseve and we will strictly uphold all the rules and regs. Penalty for trangression will be being fed to resident hyensa that patrol the fence at night. :tongue:

Ok, I'll be serious for a bit. :lol:

I'm serious about maybe doing a cleanup on Saturday and Sunday at the areas mentioned. Unless SANPARKs have different ideas as to where we are needed most. We can clean up from Balule all the way to the Olifants river. Maybe at Nwamanzi, we can go relatively far into the bush to pick up all the junk. We should all have our own vehilces so should only need assistance with armed rangers to protect the animals from us. :slap:

We are not looking for handout accomodation and will pay full price (plus perhaps an additional amount for getting the whole camp booked. Proceed to Balule camp for whatever they need.)

Anyone know how many camp sites there are? Perhaps we can "oversubscribe" the place a little if demand is there to accoodate all attending 'mites. This can generate additional funds.

Obviously at night we can have a quiet gallon of beer, wine, whiskey or whatever and share stories. Strip poker will be mandatory (oops, I mean will not be tollerated.)

I recon we can give a full morning each of Saturday and Sunday for the cleanup ops and that will leave us the rest of the day for our own personal game drives, siestas, hangover recovery programs.

Anyone being drunk and disorderly will be summarily fined and the proceeds to the Balule fund before being fed to passing Hyenas. (Also kust kidding. Anyone caught feeding themselves to the hyenas will be fed to the hyenas after paying a hefty fine. :big_eyes: )

Monday, pack hung over body into vehicles and head home. Tuesday, Balule camp management has auction sale to sell all the gera we forgot to pack when we left. :thumbs_up:

Come back to "civilisation" and resign in disgrace from the forum and disapear into a life of obscurity.

Comments from the peanut gallery?
Bunny Hugger

It's imperative.

Leave KNP alone. Go build a hotel someplace else. Reserves are for the preservation of wildlife.

Think Pink. ..

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 am

Hi all!

Have you seen this? :dance:

And just a reminder that ALL projects on the forums have to go via the VHRs - please do not go soliciting sponsorship etc without first submitting the proposal to the VHRs.

I know Bert is already working with BH on this project :thumbs_up:
Sawubona
Dalene

GlenD
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by GlenD » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:18 am

So far we have....

Campsites (total of 15)
BunnyHugger
GameSpotter
Glen79
JoshiLewis

11 left

Bungalows (total of 6)
TheunsH

5 left

Balule is not a big camp guys so reserve your places asap.

BunnyHugger

Unread post by BunnyHugger » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:21 am

G@mespotter wrote:* GS salutes* Ready for service captain...... 8)

1. BH and peeps
2. GS

Lets get going :D

3. Glen79
4. Sprocky
5. Scipio (IMS)

EDIT:

6. Joshilewis
7. Mellory
8. I may bring an extra couple along who are not 'mites but good friends. We can rope them into doing some cleanup duties as well. (depends on the vote for or against and availability. Since this is a 'mite-meet, let's try and keep it that way.

Hey GS, I take it you need a camp site.

For the softies who need a bungalow (randavel) / brick building to keep from feeding the hyenas.

1. TheunsH

Oh, and lets. not forget.

6. Joshilewis.

Come people, space is filling up fast. Only 9 more sites to book for camping (maybe we can squeeze in one or 5 more for camping.

Let'smake this a 'mites only weekend. Fill up the place and ..... Have a ball. (and maybe a really square bottle of Mexican Maroela cream.(The one with a worm in it.) :tongue:

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
Last edited by BunnyHugger on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bunny Hugger

It's imperative.

Think Pink. ..

GlenD
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by GlenD » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Chip :thumbs_up:

Availability as follows:

Campsites (total of 15)
BunnyHugger x 2
GameSpotter
Glen79
JoshiLewis
Mellory
Sprocky
Scipio
Chip

6 left

Bungalows (total of 6)
TheunsH

5 left

Any other takers?

GlenD
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by GlenD » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:52 pm

:redface: My appologies to PetraJ and Inyati

And now.........drum roll.......................we stand at:

Campsites (total of 15)
BunnyHugger x 2
GameSpotter
Glen79
JoshiLewis
Mellory
Sprocky
Scipio
Chip
Inyati
PetraJ

4 left

Bungalows (total of 6)
TheunsH

5 left

GlenD
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by GlenD » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:13 am

Tks TheunsH :thumbs_up:

A point to note, this is merely to keep track of the space available, and you will each be required to make your own bookings.

3 bungalows and 3 campsites left

Campsites (total of 15)
BunnyHugger x 2
GameSpotter
Glen79
JoshiLewis
Mellory
Sprocky
Scipio
Chip
Inyati
PetraJ
GeoCor

Bungalows (total of 6)
TheunsH
Team Green - 2 bungalows
Last edited by GlenD on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BunnyHugger

Unread post by BunnyHugger » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:57 am

What is it with this "Call of the wild?" There is so much noise happening all at the same time that I am quite deaf already. All this KNP calling everyone. :hmz:

Seems like we have a fair bunch of people wanting to attend this meet and I think it's going to be great. :dance: :dance: I can hardly wait.

J-man, seems like a plan. I will have to sweet talk SO a lot to get to leave a day earlier. PetraJ and I are on the same wavelength fo' sho'. Get to pardise as the gate opens and spend an entire day getting to camp. Set up, have a bit of a snooze, shower and then just relax for a while before taking in a late afternoon drive.

We can maybe take a drive to Orpen and wait around at the Webcam drinking hole while we wait for the slowpokes to catch up with the rest of us. Then take a slow drive back to camp where I can watch you all battle with your tent pegs and grappling with the tents, and general setup. :tongue:

You realise of course that we will have to arrange a brekkie at Timbavati at least one of the mornings we are there?

Tell me, do you think it's possible to get from Shigwedzi to Crooks corner (and back) in a day? On most of my previous visits to paradise, I have usually only stayed a max of three days at any one camp.

Or maybe I should stay at Balule from Thursday, leave early Monday and stay at Shingwedzi for a few days (say three or so) and then spend a few days at Punda as well. :hmz: So many choices. I quite forgot about Tzendze. Maybe cut out Punda and spend that time at Tsendze. Damn, I'm so foncused. :slap: Just looked at the callender and it looks like I can maybe squeeze four days at Balule, and then three each at SHingwedzi and either Punda or Tsendze. Unless I do two days at each of them.
Bunny Hugger

It's imperative.

Think Pink. ..

GlenD
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by GlenD » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:51 am

Hi All

This is how we stand with space at the moment.

Please note that once we have clarity on how the booking will take place, you will each be responsible for making your own bookings, so watch this space regularly.

Campsites (total of 15)
BunnyHugger x 2
GameSpotter
Glen79
JoshiLewis
Mellory
Sprocky
Scipio
Chip
Inyati
PetraJ
GeoCor
Dakka

2 left

Bungalows (total of 6)
TheunsH
Team Green - 2 bungalows
terryc
Leelee

1 left

BunnyHugger

Unread post by BunnyHugger » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:32 am

So here's the deal...

Are the mods moderators or forumites? If they are ' mites, then the invitation is open to them. On one condition. This weekend is planned for much drnkenness and revelry. If we have mods around, they are going to be quoting chapter and verse at us all weekend about noise, alcohol consumption and all that rot. They are to leave their "mod hats" at home.

Just kidding. (No really, I am, 'mites honour.) :lol:

But I do have to say, I'm with Sprocky. We can look after ourselves. The invitation however, is open to any of the mods, I think. Shal we vote? (See, I'm just kidding again.) :tongue:

As a show of how much I am kidding, mods, please feel free to delete this post. I promise no PM's or other communications regarding sensorhip and freedom of speech and some such junk will be sent from this PC. (Did I mention I have two?)

Theuns, I think we give the mods more than enough work to do on any given day. (This post for example. I bet Deebs is sitting there thinking, :hmz: Do I wield my broom or not. At this point the answer is more likely yeas than no. :whistle: ) You really think they want to trapse around paradise just to make sure I behave myself and that I actually do pick up my share of junk? :twisted:
Bunny Hugger

It's imperative.

Think Pink. ..

GlenD
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by GlenD » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:21 pm

Sprocky, make sure you take regular stops along the way, such a long trip 4 you :twisted:

Ok, 1 bungalow and 1 campsite left.....who will be the last ones home??

Campsites (total of 15)
BunnyHugger x 2
GameSpotter
Glen79
JoshiLewis
Mellory
Sprocky
Scipio
Chip
Inyati
PetraJ
GeoCor
Dakka
michel367

1 left

Bungalows (total of 6)
TheunsH
Team Green - 2 bungalows
terryc
Leelee

1 left

GlenD
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by GlenD » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Thanks TheunsH for updating :thumbs_up:

Now.....

Campsites (total of 15)
BunnyHugger x 2
GameSpotter
Glen79
JoshiLewis
Mellory
Sprocky
Scipio
Chip
Inyati
PetraJ
GeoCor
Dakka

2 left

Bungalows (total of 6)
TheunsH
Team Green - 2 bungalows
terryc
Leelee
michel367

0 left

BunnyHugger

Unread post by BunnyHugger » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:35 am

leelee. If you haven't been to Balule, you have been deprived. It is absolutely AMA-ZZZZZZZZZZZZing.

It's like camping anywhere else, except thet it's a wonderful camp (very small) and there is no chance of being Eishkommed. (They can cut the power all they like and it has no effect on Balule.)

The lights still burn dimly and the communal freezers still run. You get to shower by the light of a parafin lantern. And having load shedding doesn't seem to affect my torch either. :thumbs_up:

You will not be sorry. (My rice crispies told me that you are going to have a new favourite camp.)

Unless of course you're referring to camping. I do it all the time. I have a tent (several in fact), trailer, cooler boxes, table and fol up chairs. I even have a queen size bed to sleep in. Trust me, camping doesn't mean going without luxuries. It can be very comfy and is a great deal of fun. If this is a new one for you, you might just have a new favourite camp and a new best passtime.
Bunny Hugger

It's imperative.

Think Pink. ..

BunnyHugger

Unread post by BunnyHugger » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:15 am

Attention all carion campers. Yes, that would be the Balule bushwackers. Yes, you.

Many PM's have been up and down so far today and Bert will be e-mailing me the details of Satara's camp manager who is on standby to turn our banter of the past month into a reality.

We are going to Balule (Insert that dancing smiley thingy here. Sommer insert ten more). Repeat above instruction.
And no, not the normal one because that one doesn't come close to expressing my joy right now.)

YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA.

So now we have to finalise the team name, work out who is going to be printing "T" shirts and how we plan to raise funds. We need "T" shirt sizes and decide on a colour. I suggested yellow but I think Terry says it clashes with her jewelry or complexion or some junk. Admittedly not my fave colour either but for one weekend, I can live with it and without my jewelry.

Any one with an SAB contact, we need a commitment from them to "buy back" any beer bottles or tins we pick up. Similarly with ABI. Can we drag a few more "sponsors" in?

Then we can try to arrange some forum support for the project by getting the 'mites to sponsor us per kg of litter removed. That is if they have anything left after the cricket.

Any other ideas.

Team name - Is that final now (Balule bushwakers.) Got to be careful how I type thay one.

The holiday and bantering are over. Let's get to work and get busy.
Bunny Hugger

It's imperative.

Think Pink. ..

Return to “Meets & Greets ”