Skip to Content

Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
Elsa

Re: Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Thanks Kahtrav, glad you managed to get your booking done. :thumbs_up:

@ majiksea, was this via the online booking method?

Kapi1904

Unread post by Kapi1904 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:30 am

Hi,

My name is Jan and I am new to the forum. I am now planning my trip to Kruger.

I have a problem with my account. Somehow I am not able to change my reservations.
I am always getting the error message "Could not retreive reservation itineary deatails".

I wanted to change my booking as my desired accomodation type appeared in the same camp. In fear that it might not be available tomorrow I cancelled my booking and made a new one as this was the only option to make the change immediately. I only paid a minor cancellation fee but I hope it will be refunded as there seems to be a bug in the system.

Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

kahtrav

Unread post by kahtrav » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:40 am

I haven't had a lot of experience (just in the past month or so). I found that sending an email to reservations solves problems easily and quickly. I've been very impressed. When I had credit on one reservation # but wanted to add a non-consecutive day, I had to send and have that done via email - worked great.

Glad canceling one and booking another worked for you. The cancellation fee may be related to how soon your trip is coming up, but you can ask in your email.

majiksea

Phone just rings

Unread post by majiksea » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:59 pm

I had my booking made by email, but when I call to try to pay for it, the phone just rings. Is there a best time to call? Should I contact one of the smaller booking agencies? Calling from the USA gets expensive when you listen to a phone ring for 5 minutes.

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:27 pm

Its a public holiday in S.A today, Woman's day!
but I do think the office was open till 13.00 S.A time.
The office will be open again tomorrow.
If you are registered with the On line booking method you can still pay for your reservation even tho that is not how you booked it.

majiksea

Pay online for email booking

Unread post by majiksea » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:11 pm

How do I do this? Please! and thank you so much!

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Have a read through the instructions On Line Bookings
Tick the 2 boxes at the bottom and then continue and you will find where you can register for On line bookings.
Once registered you will be able to see your current bookings and pay for them there as well by credit care via a very secure system.

Try it and let me know if you need any further help. :thumbs_up:

majiksea

Thank you!

Unread post by majiksea » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:29 pm

You just saved me a bunch of time and trouble! :gflower:

majiksea

Email bookings

Unread post by majiksea » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Has anyone sent in a list reservations, camp and bungalow code, by email to reservations? I know where I want to stay in Kruger the first 5 days of August and I can just wait until Sept 2 when the online bookings open, but if it would be quicker to email on Sept 1, I would be happy with that. Especially If I can send in a list of bungalows.

Best Regards Bob :think:

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:43 pm

The e-mail reservation form allows you to do that, also to give alternatives in case your first choice is not available and if you can time it to arrive at midnight on the night bookings open even better chance.

majiksea

Email bookings

Unread post by majiksea » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:13 pm

Do you need to use the form? Or can you just send a regular email to the reservations address? the form appears to be used for one reservation at a time, so if you want 4 different camps you would need 4 forms filled out, but if the form is more reliable, I would fill out a few.

Best Regards Bob

arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by arks » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:15 am

Hi Bob:

I've always made my reservations using email. The form that I use allows you to list all the camps, dates and bungalow type that you want. I also have a form for maing your deposit and final payments via email. If you want to send me your email address in a PM, I'll be happy to email you the blank forms.

Kind regards, arks
RSA 2016
4,5 April Melville
6-19 April KNP: Croc Bridge, Olifants, Shingwedzi, Pafuri Border
20-24 April Mapungubwe: Leokwe
25 April-28 May Darling
29 May-19 June Cape Town
21 September-21 November Darling

s2000ap

Unread post by s2000ap » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Back to that blocked thread down there >>
"sorry to hear that Croco, and lets hope SANPARKS will demarcate their sites/stands to avoid other campers encroaching to other campers sites. this will provide a clear demarcations.
"
Even where there are clear demarcations there seem to be problems. I can see it from both sides though. Someone arrives at the park and sees a smallish tent next to the power point in an area and decides that there is so much space that they move in with their caravan and maybe two vehicles.

What they don't notice at that stage is that the person (people) in that small tent are using their vehicle as a caravan and only sleeping in the tent. When those people return they find that they have to park elsewhere and have to commute between their accomodation sections now because the ïntelopers (a bit harsh :lol: ) have taken over and taken their powerpoint if their kettle happened to be in the car.

Guess who often camps?

iLoveMeerkats!

Unread post by iLoveMeerkats! » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Bob,
I have always found it easiest to send in my reservations via email. I look at all of the questions on the online form and be certain to include ALL of the information that they ask for (number of people, address, etc.). I make certain that I include all of the accommodation codes and check and recheck my dates. When we go to Kruger we always go for around 40 days so this is time consuming. I send in the email within minutes of midnight SA time. Once I sent it in early and the email was returned. I also always include a second choice for accommodation. I have ALWAYS been successful and get what I want. The lovely people in the reservation department have always been fantastic. We do not go during school holidays so it may be that one is luckier booking these "off" days. Good luck and have a wonderful holiday.

Return to “Kruger National Park”