Skip to Content

Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
saraf
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Unread postby saraf » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:40 pm

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can only pay the the exact amount due, not 3/4. I will try and get this confirmed.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

DoggyStyleGifts

Unread postby DoggyStyleGifts » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:53 pm

saraf wrote:I'm not 100% sure but I think you can only pay the the exact amount due, not 3/4. I will try and get this confirmed.

When I wanted to make weekly payments on the half that was due, it wouldn't allow me to even proceed unless the amount I was paying equaled the first amount due. When paying three quarters of the total I was given the option to not only proceed further, but add more to the payment if I wanted to, so that's not the problem.

saraf

Unread postby saraf » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Kaykay.

It' in the perfect topic, don't worry.

I'll try to answer but it's about 3 years since I last stayed in BnD. When I was there I booked a perimeter unit. The bush around it was very thick. I think if it was like that in the units you mentioned you wouldn't be able to see the water. Sorry, I can't remember the unit we stayed in.

Now I don't mind the bush - makes for some good birding and we had a water monitor come to visit a few times. And it was nice as we didn't have any human neighbours passing by.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

DoggyStyleGifts

Unread postby DoggyStyleGifts » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:18 pm

I'm all set, I tried a couple more times and it went through. Thanks.

Now another question. When adding activities such as guided drives or walks, what do the different codes mean? For example the night drives have VND3, VND2 etc, the sunset drives have different ones. What do they mean before I book one over the other?

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Re: Pretoriuskop Braai Facilities

Unread postby lion queen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:15 pm

cherisec wrote:Does anyone know if the ES2 huts have braai facilities available?

Hi cherisec and a warm welcome to the forum :gflower:

Yes the ES2 huts in Pretoriuskop do have braai facilities! :thumbs_up:

Please have a look here................. Accommodation Photos
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

yosbert

Unread postby yosbert » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:50 am

Hello Everyone. I just joined this forum and am straight away here looking for some advice.

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 6 and 4 visiting Kruger in May 2016. My question is Is it possible to book a BD3 type of bungalow for my requirement since my children are not used to sleeping on independent beds yet?
I inquired this with the Central Reservations email, but they replied asking to make arrangements with the camps directly. Have any of you been through a similar situation before? I would appreciate any suggestions or advice on this.

Thank you all in anticipation of a prompt reply since accommodations are filling up quite fast for my target dates.

saraf

Unread postby saraf » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:59 am

Hi yosbert,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry but yes you will have to contact the camps directly. They should be able to advise on the best options as they are the ones who know their accommodation. It does differ between the different camps.

yosbert

Unread postby yosbert » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi saraf,

Thanks a lot for your response. As advised, I have contacted the individual camps directly.
In the meantime please do share any recommendations for our requirements. As a first timer to Kruger, I am looking at rest camps in the South or Central Kruger.

Thanks once again.

saraf

Unread postby saraf » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Well the best camps for new visitors are Satara, Lower Sabie, and Skukuza. They are the largest camps but are in really good game viewing areas, with a lot of choices for drives. They also have a wide range of accommodation choices, with family units available sometimes.

A good alternative, especially for family accommodation is Berg-an-Dal.

Also have a look at Guest cottages. These look expensive but for a family can work out quite cost effective, especially as most have then have private outdoor space for young ones to run around in.

Hope this helps.

bonbon5

Unread postby bonbon5 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:54 pm

arks wrote:
iLoveMeerkats! wrote:
arks wrote:Don't panic, ILM. You DO have (roughly) a month after your emailed reservation before you must pay the deposit.
Thanks arks, I misinterpreted DSG's comment and thought they had to pay the deposit right away. Yep, I did panic. I always need a little time to make certain I have what I want! Whew.

:thumbs_up: And you can still make changes after you've paid your deposit -- and even after you've made your final payment if something desired becomes available at the last minute :wink:

newbie here and still struggling with the boards and how to correctly search and post.....so does that mean that the monies paid for the original reservation are then applied to the new accommodations you wish to reserve?
If doing it online, what is the procedure to follow. Does one enter the original res. # someplace in the new reservation form and it's all done seamlessly OR ???
Thanks.

DinkyBird

Unread postby DinkyBird » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:45 pm

bonbon5 wrote:newbie here and still struggling with the boards and how to correctly search and post.....so does that mean that the monies paid for the original reservation are then applied to the new accommodations you wish to reserve?
If doing it online, what is the procedure to follow. Does one enter the original res. # someplace in the new reservation form and it's all done seamlessly OR ???
Thanks.

Welcome bonbon5!

Have a read here - I have never changed a booking online, but this might help you - see here

yosbert

Unread postby yosbert » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:48 pm

saraf wrote:Well the best camps for new visitors are Satara, Lower Sabie, and Skukuza. They are the largest camps but are in really good game viewing areas, with a lot of choices for drives. They also have a wide range of accommodation choices, with family units available sometimes.

A good alternative, especially for family accommodation is Berg-an-Dal.

Also have a look at Guest cottages. These look expensive but for a family can work out quite cost effective, especially as most have then have private outdoor space for young ones to run around in.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot saraf for all your suggestions and recommendations.

Birderalf

Unread postby Birderalf » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:54 pm

A simple question for which I can't find the answer on the main page:

What facilities are provided in rest camp bungalows and what do we need to bring ourselves?

I am thinking in particular of towels, toilet paper etc.
==========================
Big Trip 2016

Jan 24 -26 Skukuza
Jan 26-29 Satara
Jan 29- Feb 1 Shingwedzi
Feb 1-4 Punda Maria
Feb 4-7 Letaba
Fen 7-9 Olifants
Feb 9-11 Skukuza
Feb 11-13 Lower Sabie
Feb 13-15 Berg-En-Dal

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:54 pm

In all the bungalows, hand & bath towels, toilet paper and a small cake of soap are provided.
You just need bring shampoo and your own toiletries of a personal nature.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.
Kruger - 11th Feb - 8th March 2016

Baxstix

Unread postby Baxstix » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:54 am

Hi, I am going to Skukuza over the new year. I would like to book a certain hut number if possible. Does anyone have the Skukuza telephone number for me to call them on to try reserve the hut? Thanks :think:
This Capie longs for Kruger!

Return to “Kruger National Park”