Skip to Content

Calling the emergency number works; let us use it!

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
DinkyBird

Calling the emergency number works; let us use it!

Unread postby DinkyBird » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:09 pm

I had reason to call the emergency number yesterday morning. We were driving from Skukuza to Phabeni Gate. Half way a domestic dog was running towards us in the middle of the road. She ran past us and on towards Skukuza.

We noted our kms and as soon as I had signal, not long after, I dialed the number on the Conditions of Entry document that my permit is attached to. The phone rang a bit, and an efficient lady took all details. She promised to give me feedback. A short while later the lady called back for more detail. She called back again to give follow up that she had escalated the report and someone would go and look for the dog.

Not long after that, the ranger called me for more detail. He was about 4 km from where we had seen the dog and was on the lookout for it.

First hand proof that:
1. Calling the emergency number is the best action to take. Do not delay reporting by going first to social media, or second hand parties/groups that say they will/do the reports.

2. Our report was taken very seriously. The system works, I had first hand experience that it does.

arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Calling the emergency number works; let us use it!

Unread postby arks » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:05 pm

Very good to know, DB :thumbs_up: I do hope that they are able to find and remove that dog! I'd be interested to hear any further feedback that you get.
RSA 2015
1-30 June Darling
30 June-8 July National Arts Festival, Grahamstown
8-15 July Mountain Zebra
16-22 July Cape Town
16-28 November Cape Town
29 November-20 January Darling

Return to “Kruger National Park”