Skip to Content

Re: Bookings - info - advice & Feedback

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
Rivers2Run

Making Reservations

Unread post by Rivers2Run » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:38 am

I am looking to book a trip in September of 2016. I have signed up for reservations and I have submitted a booking request for a wilderness trail. So I am confused how booking for a Wilderness trail works, I submitted a request is it better to submit multiple requests with different combinations before the October booking date opens? Is it better to call on October 1? Also how do I get a client code? I also want to reserve accomodations, is it better to wait until on line booking opens on October 2, seems those are easier to get. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

DinkyBird

Re: Making Reservations

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:04 am

Hi Rivers2Run!

Reservations for September 2016 will only open on the first working day in Oct 2015 as you have mentioned. Best is to phone the call centre at 7.30am on that day. If you are not in SA then sending an email during the evening before is the next best option. They will only deal with bookings from that day, not before. If you are wanting to book popular units/camps, I would try book on 1 Oct.

If you have been to Kruger recently you should have a client code. You can register with Online Bookings which is great even if you do not use it to book certain trips, because you will be able to view and pay for you bookings via Online Bookings. Just always use the same Client Code.
Sawubona
Dalene

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:38 am

Yes, the Client Code is the code in brackets next to your name at the top, first four letters are from your name and then four numbers following. This code will be what you use for all bookings from now on.

It sounds that if you are prepared to spend the money on the call, it is your best bet because then you can build your trip around getting the Wilderness Trail booking while on the phone. Just have all the options ready. Remember you can also change your booking soon after you have made it. I find I am usually on hold for about 20 mins, but it could be longer as Sept is a popular time to visit Kruger. Again I feel it is worth the effort - you are coming a very long way so want to ensure you have the best possible reservation you can get.

Let us know how it goes :D

If one books Online you need to pay for the reservations (5% discount) when you make the booking. If you book via the call centre, or email, then you have 30 days to pay for you deposit, and then the full payment must be made 60 days before your trip starts.

Once the first few days of the month pass, then the call centre calms down and you can email changes to them.
Sawubona
Dalene

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:48 am

Re the 3D secure payment - SANParks has many international clients, so I am sure it will not be a problem. I suggest though that you make the payment a few days in advance and if you should have a problem, to post about it here, and we can ask SANParks to assist.
Sawubona
Dalene

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:06 am

Also as far as I know and I hope that is correct but I think if you do an On-line reservation you have to have accommodation booked before it will allow the booking of a wilderness trail.
Will be the camp that the trail departs from.

Graham_5000
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Graham_5000 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:54 pm

I've got provisional bookings for four camps, and I see that I have to make four individual deposit payments. Given that the bookings are on consecutive days, is there a way to merge the four reservations into one, so I only have one payment to make? I'm in the UK, so get charged for each payment, so consolidating would be great!
Kruger National Park, August 2016:

1 night Shimuwini
3 nights Punda Maria
2 nights Mopani
3 nights Talamati
1 night Crocodile Bridge

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Are the reservation #'s all the same Graham?

Graham_5000
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Graham_5000 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:49 pm

The R numbers are all different Elsa.
Kruger National Park, August 2016:

1 night Shimuwini
3 nights Punda Maria
2 nights Mopani
3 nights Talamati
1 night Crocodile Bridge

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:54 pm

I assume your client code is the same on each one Graham? (and the bookings for the same park) Do you have a few days before the payments are due? You can write to (email) reservations@sanparks.org and ask them to consolidate them, and I am sure they will.
Sawubona
Dalene

BirgitJo

Unread post by BirgitJo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:33 am

Hallo Graham, if you do the payment with the online booking and your credit card you can pay all in one.
Choose the first you want to pay and after that you will be asked if you want to add more. I did it with my last booking and it worked.

Elsa

Re: How to book with a nice view

Unread post by Elsa » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:39 am

Warm welcome to the forum Elodie! :clap:
please do ask if there is anything further you need to know.
Do also have a look through the various topics in the Index to Kruger National Park Topics and Index to Activities and Sightings and Camps and Roads where you will find lots of great advice and info.

Baxstix

Accommodation Cancellation.

Unread post by Baxstix » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi all, I have a situation where my father in law has just taken ill and will be unable to travel due to surgery and treatment protocols. Him and his wife have a booking in Skukuza for the 18-22 December, fully paid up. Sadly they have to cancel their trip now for said medical reasons and will be losing most of their money paid for the booking. (Booking is paid in full)
My question is......can they maybe transfer/sell/swap their reservation with another party and that way not lose their money, or is it just tough luck and that is how the system works.
Brian
This Capie longs for Kruger!

Elsa

Re: ACOMODATION CANCELLATION

Unread post by Elsa » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:53 pm

For medical reasons and with a doctors certificate supplied SANParks will not incur penalties for paid up bookings.
So your Dad in law can transfer/swap or even reschedule their booking for a later stage.
Contact the reservations office.

Elsa

Re: Accommodation Cancellation.

Unread post by Elsa » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:56 pm

But if they prefer to try and get someone to take over the booking you could try posting a request Accommodation Exchange

Helmet08

Unread post by Helmet08 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi all,

Can you enter and exit the park as you like?

We land at Skukuza and will provide our Wild Cards to show proof of Conservation fees being paid. We will be picking up our hire car from Avis at the Airport and was hoping to go straight to the Hazyview Pick n Pay to pick up some supplies for the 10 days we are in the park. I know that we will be given an exit permit to show but will I have to go through the same process to get back into the park or will I be given a permit to get back in?

Long winded I know but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Dan

Return to “Kruger National Park”