Distinguished Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2016)

Accommodation photo's BOULDERS

Unread post by roaneric » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Boulders Bush lodge Index

MAP

Boulders 1 ** Boulders 2
Last edited by roaneric on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Back Again
"I am not African because I was born in Africa, but because Africa was born in me"

pamelajane

Re: Accommodation photos

Unread post by pamelajane » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:55 am

Boulders Bush Lodge

WE stayed at Boulders in May 2014 and see (from older photos) that it has been upgraded. It is very comfotable and a beautiful camp to visit!
ImageImage
ImageImage

roaneric
FAC Member (2016)

Re: Boulders new

Unread post by roaneric » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:43 pm

On a 3+week trip to Kruger in August/September of 2011, we were lucky enough to stay for a few nights in our first "bush camp," Boulders. We have been enjoying private camps (Biyamiti, etc) for the last decade, and this will not be the last time we stay here. Secluded, open and a beautiful space.

We enjoyed both the lazy days of sitting 15ft (4m?) off the ground and watching hers of animals meander around the waterhole (which is kept fill through a bore/pump when needed), the bird-life that started before dawn and ended just after dusk, and the nights sitting in braai area (constructed into granite boulders) listening to the dark night.

There was a pair of klipspringers living in the hill right next to the huts. No predators were seen or heard (in fact, on our trip overall, the nights were extremely quiet - no hyaenas, lion, or other expected sounds) around the camp. A few herds of elephants would pass through in waves, and a few very large herds of buffalo also were daily visitors.

There is electric power now (generator, which can be heard if you listen carefully) but we hardly used it, except for the fridge and to recharge some cameras, etc.

There are only two roads leading to the camp, and they were in pretty rough shape when we used them.
Each cabin has 2beds and an en-suite bathroom and a patio. One cabin has 4beds, too.

The on-site staff were excellent and very helpful.

Back Again
"I am not African because I was born in Africa, but because Africa was born in me"

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”