Skip to Content

Crocodile Bridge Rest Camp

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Friedrich von Hörsten
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Crocodile Bridge Rest Camp

Unread post by Friedrich von Hörsten » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:17 pm

We stayed in Crocodile Bridge just before Xmas 2 years ago, in one of the safari tents...

I never heard ANY sound of human origin, since the river was flowing strongly, and the weir sounded like a miniature Victoria Falls all night, while the warthog family under our tent floor boards bumped and squealed every now and then... lol

Next time I'll choose a tent further from the river, and rather brave a few human noises.

This is an amazing camp in December -- you have the road all to yourself from 4:30 till 5:30 before the first day visitors arrive... imagine sitting with a pack of 18 wild dogs on the main tar road about 4 km from camp for an hour and only 2 cars appear... same on other days along the s25. The only "bad" road is the s28 when it is dry and dusty -- everybody chooses that road, so you ride in their dust (all 5 cars that left camp so early)....

Incredible number of predators around the camp...

True though, it does not look wild when you see sugar cane fields opposite the river... rather look away!

God bless,

Friedrich von Hörsten
``God, I can push the grass apart and lay my finger on your heart'' -- E. St V Millay

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”