Skip to Content

Tsendze Rustic Camp

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
TawnyEagle

Re: Tsendze Rustic Camp

Unread post by TawnyEagle » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:53 am

mulderpm wrote:We camped in Kruger from the 21st December 2016 until the 10th January 2017. We are regulars and visit our favourite park 3 or 4 times a year. Always fantastic and never disappointing. Our favourite is the quieter more Northern Camps. This trip we spent 3 nights in Tsendze in our Penta. Unfortunately we had some damage to our Penta. When driving along the road between camp sites the side of my Penta hit a cut off tree stump which is very close to the side of the road. It crumpled the trim and bent the door frame, rim and bent the axle. The damage is just over KR20. Rodger was very quick to assist and with a 10 pound hammer we managed to panel beat the rim into a usable shape. I have reported the incident to SANParks management and they undertook to remove the stump. The side of the tree stump is shiny from all the incidents.

Be careful when driving in the camping area with larger caravans.

Hi, Mulderpm. What site number is alongside and opposite the stump that damaged your caravan? We are camping there, for the first time, in May this year and I tow a Jurgens Classique. I'd like to be forewarned, as I'm booked onto site number 22. :shock: :(

TawnyEagle

Re: Tsendze Rustic Camp

Unread post by TawnyEagle » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:15 pm

HI Rodger, Can you please advise if the tree stump, near the side of the road, that damaged a caravan a little while ago, has been removed and if not what site numbers is it next to. I'm coming in May and I have a large caravan and want to make sure I don't damage my caravan.
Thank you.

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”