Guru
Guru

Re: Tsendze Rustic Camp

Unread postby rodgerh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:14 am

Attachments
P1040676.JPG
Welcome to Tsendze Rustic Campsite
P1040676.JPG (73.21 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
AS WE ALWAYS WELCOME YOU AT TSENDZE GREAT PEOPLE,BE SAFE AND ARRIVE WELL TO YOUR CAMPSITE :)

MikeP

Unread postby MikeP » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi Rodger and Elina. Thanks for the great welcome to Tsendze camp. We are back in Cape Town and trying to plan our next trip. Tsendze will always be a special place in the park and you both make it even more special. Rodger, take some time to read the new camera's manual and I'm sure you'll easily master the functions and have more options at your fingertips. Keep well and keep the excellent photos coming. Always looking forward to your latest sightings. Weren't so fortunate to see any leopard but did manage to see the hyenas feeding on a rhino near to Afsaal. Still need to process pictures and learn how to post them on the forum.

rodgerh
Guru
Guru

Unread postby rodgerh » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:46 pm

Hecksie thanks for visiting at Tsendze Rustic Campsite again,it was so great also here that you so good sightings on your trips,leopard you saw at Shipandani with two babys was still there today,also that wild dogs you saw at the same place,today they were on the turn off to Phalaborwa,8km from Tsendze rustic campsite facing down south from Tsendze,we still have Barred owlet you saw aswell here at Tsendze Rustic campsite :cam: download/file.php?mode=view&id=5428
I left with 500MG data badle yesterday was my last day,I also lost that as it was an expiring date,I supposed to send this early in the morning
Attachments
P1120176.JPG
African Barred awlet,pic for yesterday
P1120176.JPG (34 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
AS WE ALWAYS WELCOME YOU AT TSENDZE GREAT PEOPLE,BE SAFE AND ARRIVE WELL TO YOUR CAMPSITE :)

rodgerh
Guru
Guru

Unread postby rodgerh » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Heksie wrote:Hi Rodger
Just want to say that we had YET AGAIN an amazing trip, and stay at Tsendze. So today when the bookings opened we booked Tsendze again but now for 4 nights, 8-11 July.
It was such a wonderful and magical trip, with so many special sightings that I shall share on my upcoming trip report.
We went to check out if the leopard was there at Shipandani before we took the long road home but didnt have that much luck...
It was also great chatting with you and Elinah at night in camp. And my mum is boasting about her barred owlet pic in camp. Will post it soon.
Hope you are doing well Rodger.
regards

Thanks for a great massage Heksie,yes am doing great,I hope you and your mum too,I was so much happy to see you and your mum here at Tsendze so long,and am also happy for booking at Tsendze again,look what I saw today on my way from Mopani camp,very close to Mooiplaas picnic spot,also to you great people whose looking on this page is all yours out therehttp://www.sanparks.org/forums/dow ... ew&id=5963

MATTHYS

Unread postby MATTHYS » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Thank you, Rodgerh :gflower:
You are such a wonderful ambassador for Tsendze and northern KNP :clap:
aquila non capit muscas

Son godin
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Son godin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi Bosboytjie,

We were there in July and everything was in good condition and clean. We saw some baby squirrels near the drain pipes and behind gas cylinder so maybe one got caught in the pipe.

During our stay it was cloudy on a few days, so lights not always working specially when the camp is full, but that was a minor problem. Did find that people come there for a social gathering in a group of a few families / friends resulting in late night noise, but also not too late. We are early sleepers and maybe more irritated when people still talk at the top of their voice until after 11 pm.

The camp was however spotless and we had more quiet nights than noisy ones in the two weeks we stayed there.
Trip Reports - Painted, spotted and striped animals of the Koppies, TT of Three Arid Parks near Namibia in April 2015

rodgerh
Guru
Guru

Unread postby rodgerh » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Strelitzia wrote:Hope someone can help out here: We booked 3 nights in Tsendze for August 2016. I read on the forums that one can pre-book a specific campsite. Do we need to contact reservations to request a site or do we book a specific site with Mopani?
Am sorry for a late reply Strelitzia,ones you received your confirmation letter,contact Mopani reception on 013 7356535/6 to request a specific site,and when you come to us here at Tsendze,you will be having your same stand you requested for :thumbs_up:

MikeP

Unread postby MikeP » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:37 pm

We were also there in July and found the camp spotless. The solar power did run out a little earlier due to the cloudy days, but the earlier darkness only added to the rustic atmosphere experience. Rodgers and Elina were exemplary as usual (Read previous posts and search for Tsendze reviews in Getaway and Go magazines).

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback MikeP, great to see and what we have come to expect from Tsendze! :thumbs_up:
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.
Kruger - 11th Feb - 8th March 2016

Stoffel
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Stoffel » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:51 am

Rodger

Your photos and contributions on Tsendze really makes me look forward to my first visit to this camp (for 7 nights) during May. I had a quick (unauthorised) peek into Tsendze on 2 June 2015, while on a day visit to the park. We've "met" people at Mooiplaas (staying in Tsendze) who suggested that we go and have a quick look at the camp. After a drive through Tsendze, we decided that it should be on our itinerary for our next visit. The lack of electricity (we use a conventional caravan) has always discouraged us to camp in Tsendze. But after what we have seen during our quick drive through the camp, as well as the information on this thread, we decided to sacrifice some of our "luxuries" in order to experience Tsendze.
Chris Boucher
26 Apr - 1 May Karoo
6 - 12 May - Punda Maria
13 - 18 May - Shingwedzi
19 - 25 May - Tsendze
26 - 28 May - Letaba
29 - 31 May - Balule
1 - 4 June - Maroela
5 - 7 June - Crocodile Bridge
8 - 12 June - Lower Sabie
16 - 19 June - Addo

bosboytjie

Unread postby bosboytjie » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi Stoffel

You will not be dissapointed with Tsendze, most properly it will also not be the last time you will be camping in Tsendze.

The bosboytjie clan has been visiting Kruger every year as from 2008 (the fist time that camped in Tsendze) and we only stay in Tsendze we are visiting again this year during the winter holidays and will be staying at Tsendze again. For us there is no other place with the same atmosphere ............

Hope you will be enjoying your stay and many happy returns.

Give our regards to Rodgher and Elina.
Bosboytjie
Nature is where i go to find myself again

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”