Skip to Content

Tsendze Rustic Camp

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Imvubu
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Tsendze Rustic Camp

Unread post by Imvubu » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:40 pm

We had 3 awesome nights at Tsendze, 23 to 26 August...yet again that place never disappoints!!! Unfortunately Rodger, you were on leave but, you will be happy to hear that dear Ellina held the fort very well...thank you Ellina! We got a visit from 2 Barred owlets on the 2nd night, they sat on a branch right next to our braai...unfortunately I could only get a pic of one...the other was too shy...

The morning we left Ellina very proudly called us and showed us the little birds perched high up in the tree next to the men's open shower...

Ellina, saying goodbye to our travel companion James...

Awaiting the next trip...
Malelane: 14 - 16/08/2016
Maroela: 16 - 20/08/2016
Tsendze: 20 - 24/08/2016
Sable Hide: 24 - 25/08/2016
L.Sabie: 25 - 27/08/2016
Beyond excited!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

wyld@hrt

Unread post by wyld@hrt » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Guys (And Roger in particular)

We are going to be staying in Tsendze for the first time this December. :dance: Now, having read this thread from front to back, and then back again at least three more times it seemed to me that the best sites are numbers 3 and 26. I have called Mopani to see whether I could reserve any of those two but, they were both taken and so I reserved number 25 instead. Now, I haven't seen many pictures or heard much talk on the topic about this site so just a couple questions:

1) Is it private, or shared with another site?
2) Is it on the fence?
3) I have seen a picture of campsite 34 which looks nice and private and also on the fence. Which one (or any other site ) would be better in terms of privacy and being closer to the fence? I have looked at a site map but, as we all know, those can sometimes be misleading.

Any help and answers would be much appreciated :) and I am really looking forward to meeting you Roger.

Imvubu
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Imvubu » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Hello wyld@hrt, we stayed at no. 25 in August and were...as usual, very happy! It is a large and private site with no-one having to walk through to get to their sites. We were visited in the evening by the resident Barred owlets which sat on a low branch right next to the braai...as you can see in pics I previously posted. It is not right up to the fence, however, there is no-one between you and the fence and you can see should anything walk past. I cannot comment on number 34...cannot remember, my list of favourites: 26; 3; 27; 28; 29 and 30. Will try to post some pics of 25.

Having said that...no matter where you are in Tsendze you cannot but be happy! :D
Awaiting the next trip...
Malelane: 14 - 16/08/2016
Maroela: 16 - 20/08/2016
Tsendze: 20 - 24/08/2016
Sable Hide: 24 - 25/08/2016
L.Sabie: 25 - 27/08/2016
Beyond excited!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oubaas1

Re: Tzendze Knowitalls - which site for our wedding ceremony

Unread post by Oubaas1 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Number 5,6 & 7 - Open area in the south-easten area with plenty shade. :lol:

Albert
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Tzendze Knowitalls - which site for our wedding ceremony

Unread post by Albert » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:30 pm

I concur with Oubaas1, around sites 5/6 would be nice. Also around 14/15 it appeared quite shady when I walked around the camp last May; and would have enough space for 100 guests. Just a little further to walk to the bathrooms......
I guess the easiest would be to point out those sites that I personally remember (with all the dangers associated with that) as being unsuitable for your purpose:
1-4; 8-12, 16-20, 27-34.

I am a little fuzzy about the area around sites 21 - 24, but I do seem to remember some large tree(s) in that area. Lot of space around those 4 sites.

Hope it turns out to be great experience!
Searching for a Cape Eagle Owl....

Uys

Unread post by Uys » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:10 am

Rodger,

Thank you for the reply and I am aware that Tsendze has many good things things to offer, hence our exitement to visit your camp. According to the forum you are also doing a splendid job in keeping the camp one of the best in Kruger!!! Great!! Really looking forward to experience the Tsendze hospitality!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

We reserved sites 27 & 28 via Sydwel (spelling??) at Mopani. I wll be camping in an off-road trailer, but our friends are in a large Vista motorhome. Will they be able to access either one of stands 27 or 28 with the motorhome or do I need to make alternative arrangements??

Kind regards

kiyasmum

Unread post by kiyasmum » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:45 pm

IBmit wrote:
kiyasmum wrote:How do we book a particular stand? We are coming to the camp in September and have booked but, have not asked for a particular stand. We will be driving a Vista motor home and will need a stand easy to get on and off.

Thanks

Your best bet would be 27 or 28.

Thanks but how do I go about making sure I get stand 27 or 28?

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Best to email Mopani and give them 3 options from most preferred and two others should that already be booked, and your reservation number. Tell them why you want a certain type of stand.

Contact details are here:- http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/camps/camp-tel.php

Camp map here

27 and 28 are big stands and easily accessible.

We love 3, but it is a bit of a squeeze.
Sawubona
Dalene

brave_crazy

Advice on possible sites for a tent

Unread post by brave_crazy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Hey all!

I am counting down the days till my long awaited break-away! 5-14 Aug 2014!!

Have 3 nights in Maroela
3 Nights in Shingwedzi
And most importantly 4 nights in Tsendze

I will be camping in a tent and was just wondering if anybody had a few suggestions on a possible site for Tsendze.
I can't remember the site number from my last years trip, it was great though, so will try find that one first on my way to Mopani.

But would appreciate any suggestions.

Also on my first two camps, if anyone knows of good sites for a tent?
Keep it Precious

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Site no 3 for Tsendze - especially if you are tenting. No doubt in my mind :D We have stayed in it before. Faces the fence and is very private. You should try and reserve a site asap.

For the other two, I suggest getting to the camps around 9am. Most campers pack up and move off early in the day and that is usually when the best sites are open. We always go for a fence site if we can.
Sawubona
Dalene

Son godin
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Son godin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:05 pm

Boslaaitie wrote:good morning.... just requested my campsite for next year july in tsendze. I will be there for 4 nights. I got site number 13 because 2, 26 was already taken. Did not read mush on the topic of campsite 13. would like to know if some of u can tell me how it is. we will be 2 camping in a tent.

Would like to know tings like
1. is it close te the fence?
2. we dont mind but hou private is it?
3. is there some nice shade?

first time to tsendze so looking forward to your comments.

thaks alot :D

Boslaaite,

It is not next to the fence and surounded by other sites, although quite private. No one will walk pass you but the neighbours next to you are not far off.

You will find it has lots of shade. I will check again on the numbers next to you, but I think it is 8 and 9.
Trip Reports - Painted, spotted and striped animals of the Koppies, TT of Three Arid Parks near Namibia in April 2015

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Totally understand Kruger fever :) And best to book a site as early as you can.

We have stayed on 25, it is not too big, and not that shady if I recall, but was nice and we had a view of the fence, but it is not right on the fence. Looking at the map, 22 and 24 look good too.

No. 3 is first prize in my book, but you say it is booked.

I will look tho my Tsendze pics and see what I can see to show you.
Sawubona
Dalene

bosboytjie

Unread post by bosboytjie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:57 pm

Afternoon Boslaaitjie

We have camped on stand no 5 and stand no 6 previously and they are next to the fence. Had an elefant charging my then to be son in law when he was standing outside the tent and the elefant was gracing on the outside side of the fence. He got quite a scare ........

Stands 5 and 6 could be a bit crouwded if when the camping parties consist of to many people, but it also depend on how you set up camp.

What i can remember from April's visit is that stand 13 is quite away from the fence with trees and grass in between.

But that should not be a detergent, being in Kruger and camping in Tsendze is all what count.
Bosboytjie
Nature is where i go to find myself again

Super Mongoose
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Super Mongoose » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi Bospelle!

We stayed 10 days at #26 last year during March, but it was way to busy for us with the bathrooms right there, loop road and neighbours in clear view, big space and the huge tree was nice, but don't think I would choose that one again or for that matter any of the sites on that side of the camp again. We had neighbours both sides the whole time, hearing every cell phone conversation because it's so quite, while the rest of the camp was empty... BTW, MTN had great reception while Vodacom not, so we had no incoming calls, but our MTN neighbours had :wall: :wall: :wall:

Scouting the camp, I liked #13. It has a bit of bush between you and and fence, but their is a short path leading to the fence 20 or 30 meters away. I liked the site because it was far from the bathrooms, not a loop road and only neighbours to one side and lots of shade. We took our chairs and had our sundowners here at the fence and spotted lots of game every afternoon, maybe because it was so quite on this side of the camp. Here at #13 other side the fence is a huge tree were a Verroux's Eagle Owl spend a lot of time and even made a kill. So I'm very tempted to take 13 next time... if 3 is not available...

Stop the MADNESS or Imagine RhiNOs!
Our natural heritage is being stolen from us one by one!
Make your voice heard and please support a Rhino Project!

wildtuinman
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by wildtuinman » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:28 am

rodgerh wrote::D Wildtuinman it was so great to see you and your family here at Tsendze yesterday,also happy that you final saw the owl that you did mention it by a name to see,I also hope that you arrived well at home

best regards
Rodgerh @ Tsendze Rustic Campsite :clap: :D :thumbs_up:

Hi Rodger,

the pleasure of our short visit to meet up with you and Elina was all ours! It was a great little visit and thanks again so much for taking the time to show us this beauty!

I hope you and Elina enjoyed her birthday present. :thumbs_up:

Till we see each other again and send our regards to Elina.

Best regards
Wildtuinman.
Latest Lifer(s): Cape Rock-jumper, Grey Waxbill, Great Winged Petrel, European Storm-Petrel, Wilson's Storm-Petrel, Cory's Shearwater

Follow me as I bird on Twitter @wildtuinman

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”