Webcam time-lapse movies on YouTube

Discuss the Orpen (KNP), Satara (KNP), Addo and Nossob (KTP) webcams
bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Webcam time-lapse movies on YouTube

Unread postby bishop3006 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Nossob Cam 2009-12-02

Timelapse of Nossob Webcam. Today is lion day! Two beautifully maned males put in an appearance shortly after the cam starts up, at around 05H28, and then again around 20H00, followed by some lionesses somewhat later shortly before 22H00. Also around is blue wildebeest, springbok and the omni-present black-backed jackal. In the morning, somewhere from about 06H30 to shortly after 10H00, it appears as if the jackal are trying to catch some of the numerous birds around the waterhole. The secretaries strutt all over around noon, and we are treated with some lovely close-ups between 13H30 and 14H00, showing both the secretaries and some of the doves.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLaeh87ZGR4
Last edited by bishop3006 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marius
Hunter, angler, nature lover, conservationist.

I believe that for man to survive, we must work with nature rather than against her. We need the land; the land doesn't need us. Too many people have lost sight of this fact. - Bruce Truter

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Time for some videos again, as provided by SANParks! :clap:

Nossob Cam 2010-02-12

Timelapse of Nossob Webcam. From the start one can see the black-backed jackals, and when the cam stops, one can still see them. During the day it is the blue wildebeest, red hartebeest, springbok and gemsbok who continuously pay visits, sometimes singly, other times in large herds. The secretary birds and tawny eagles are also around during the day, and of course swarms of unindentifiable birds.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iljcImLWg0g
Last edited by bishop3006 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marius

I believe that for man to survive, we must work with nature rather than against her. We need the land; the land doesn't need us. Too many people have lost sight of this fact. - Bruce Truter

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Satara Cam 2010-02-12

Today is elephant day! See them almost more often than the impala today, including a breeding herd. Further there's the impala, blue wildebeest, zebra, hyaena, and the swimming baboons.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KD7KJ-F-wM
Last edited by bishop3006 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Still have to clear my thoughts with Admin, but I'll probably be posting more videos from now on. A couple for the last while as I was sorting some thoughts on all this out first.

Nossob Cam 2010-02-20

Timelapse of Nossob Webcam. The usual black-backed jackals start the day off, followed by springbok and blue wildebeest around the whole day. And of course the ever-present bird flocks coming to the water. The secretary birds also strut around. Unfortunately, being the African desert, the cam goes down around 14H30, only recovering around 20H00, to show us more jackals for the rest of the night.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLQDwZquBck
Last edited by bishop3006 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:53 pm

Orpen Cam 2010-02-25

Timelapse of Orpen Webcam. A little rabbit starts off the nightly show, and Orpen's Undertaker, the marabou stork complete in formal dress, opens the day. Herds of blue wildebeest and impala put in regular appearances, with zebra, elephant, warthog and baboons also showing.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8MDHcmoPF4
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:31 pm

Satara Cam 2010-02-26

Timelapse of Satara Webcam. Taking into account the rainy, cool weather, a nice spread of game, although not in large numbers. Hyaena, buffalo, elephant, blue wildebeest, warthog and jackal show, while the impala herds basically camp out the whole morning.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2CG0N8LoSU
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Nossob Cam 2010-03-07

Timelapse of Nossob Webcam. As usual jackal starts off the cam day, and ends it off as well, quite visible during the night, and somewhat during the day as well. Blue wildebeest and springbok herds and singles put in appearances, and a lone red hartebeest also shows. A nunber of lone oryx during the day, and then a smallish herd at night. As usual the secretary birds are there, as well as numerous other birds, ensuring that the cam is never really quiet.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIjhV8TmY9A
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Orpen Cam 2010-03-02

Timelapse of Orpen Webcam. The ever present, sleek and graceful impala are around right throughout the day. Further we see blue wildebeest, and the ugly darling of the bushveld, the warthog. Others are zebra, baboons, buffalo and giraffe.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGrFg5OQiBc
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Nossob Cam 2010-03-11

Timelapse of Nossob Webcam. And then the lions came... The day starts off as usual with the jackals beating about. And then the lions came... first at the back, lying in the grass, then to drink water. And again. And again... A red hartebeest, clearly quite uncomfortable, came hesitantly as well. And then the cam is swung to a view we seldom see, and we see the reason for the hartebeest's discomfort. The lions are close-by under one of the trees. And often pop over for a drink - maybe they were thirsty after a night's meal? The cam stays on them from about 10H30, with a couple of close-ups, to around 16H00, then again from 17H00 to 18H00 when they diappear. For a while around noon the blue wildebeest herd also enjoys the shade of the trees, somewhat further back. The night also brings some nice close-ups of the jackals. But today belongs to the lions...

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xolcw5eLh-8
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Orpen Cam 2010-03-12

Timelapse of Orpen Webcam. With the changing of the webcam's settings and the night thus "becoming brighter", we see the owl scampering around the waterhole the whole night. Today the elephants visits almost as much as the usual impala and more than the blue wildebeest. Zebra and some good-looking kudu also show themselves, and a lone buffalo bull provides some two hours' entertainment as he lies down next to the waterhole, allowing for some nice close-ups, also showing the red-billed oxpeckers all over him.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75zHeQQGmXY
Last edited by bishop3006 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marius

onewithnature
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby onewithnature » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi Bishop - magnificent effort you put into these videos! :clap: :clap: :clap: However, is there a way for the viewer to slow down the action?
EVERYBODY'S TR!
TR: A NEW DAY IS S-OWN
TR: NECTAREAN NICETIES OF THE NORTH
TR: PRIMEVAL PLEASURE

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." (Groucho Marx)

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Thanks OWN, but I must once again make it clear. The only effort I put in is to watch all the videos and decide which ones to keep, and which ones to delete. The effort of creating them lies with the SANParks IT people in general, and Pieter specifically. Although, the scripts have been written and automated so, if all runs well, it "just happens." And no, unless you download the video and use video software capable of doing it you can't slow them down. Not that I know of in any case.
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Satara Cam 2010-03-12

Timelapse of Satara Webcam. The highlight today is the herd of elephant with the littlest ones! Further one can see blue wildebeest, zebra, impala, giraffe, warthog, jackal, hyaena and an African wild cat.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVfb_dRcqnQ
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 pm

Nossob Cam 2010-03-13

Timelapse of Nossob Webcam. Today there's nice close-ups of jackal and springbok around 19H15 - 19H20. Other than these one sees oryx, blue wildebeest, red hartebeest, and of course lots of birds, including the secretaries that show off around lunch.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOYZ_NSJjiM
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Orpen Cam 2010-03-18

Timelapse of Orpen Webcam. The local leopard comes in to drink both early morning and late night. The owl uses the attraction of cam light to catch food, and the marabou stork, guineafowl and other birds keep the cams busy between the mammal sightings. Buffalo, zebra, impala, warthog, baboons, elephant, blue wildebeest and hyaena.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqZaPyF-DDo
Marius

Return to “Webcams”