Webcam time-lapse movies on YouTube

Discuss the Orpen (KNP), Satara (KNP), Addo and Nossob (KTP) webcams
bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Webcam time-lapse movies on YouTube

Unread postby bishop3006 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Orpen Cam 2010-03-25

Timelapse of Orpen Webcam. Shortly before 1am a hippo comes wandering in, and then the night is quiet. During the day herds of impala and blue wildebeest pay visits, as well as zebra, and some elephant bulls. After dark the leopard comes in twice, a hyaena just strolls past, and an elephant herd with babies comes in, but departs rather in a hurry.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpRE0f9x-DI
Last edited by bishop3006 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marius
Hunter, angler, nature lover, conservationist.

I believe that for man to survive, we must work with nature rather than against her. We need the land; the land doesn't need us. Too many people have lost sight of this fact. - Bruce Truter

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:33 pm

When you cammers watch these videos you must remember that they, like the rest of this site, is first and foremost part of advertising/marketing efforts for SANParks. Thus, when you watch and enjoy them, send the links to the Youtube videos on to other people so tehy, too, can enjoy them, thus spreading the positive message of Kruger further.

Typing this I realise that the links are not easily accessibly. I'll go to all the posts and add the links to be easily copied and pasted for email purposes.
Marius

I believe that for man to survive, we must work with nature rather than against her. We need the land; the land doesn't need us. Too many people have lost sight of this fact. - Bruce Truter

wildheart
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby wildheart » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Oh wow, this is incredible! :thumbs_up: Can you maybe post a link every time that a new clip is on?

I see that it gets hardly any hits and it must be because few people know about it. It would be nice if Sanparks can maybe put a link on the webcam page that will take you to the youtube videos. :wink:

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:02 pm

wildheart, when there's new videos that are to be kept, I do post a link here.

The process is as follows:
- SANParks collects the pics during the day;
- somewhere around 03H00 in the morning an automated process picks up the photos and put them together in a video - if there's enough that is;
- the process uploads the video to Youtube;
- now HERE comes the IMPORTANT part: :mrgreen: somewhere I take a look at the uploaded videos, and decide which to keep and which to delete again;
- the ideal is that I do this every day so that videos that don't have enough going on don't stay there for too long;
- the videos I think are good enough :roll: I leave and place a link on here.

(So, SANParks does all the behind the scenes work, I do the little bit of upfront visible work, and I get all the credit! Works out lovely, don't you think? :tongue: )

Unfortunately there was a problem somewhere and none were uploaded for a couple of days, and then, when the problem was sorted, 30 odd were uploaded in on go. Unfortunately I've not been able to work through them all yet, so there are videos on there that must actually come off.
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Orpen Cam 2010-05-29

Timelapse of Orpen Webcam. The usual suspects of impala, elephant (including a herd with young), blue wildebeest, warthog, baboon, hyaena and jackal all put in their appearance. But the highlights are the wild dogs that provide us with a glimpse around 16H53, and then the lions that visit for an extended period from around 21H15, and then again just before closing time when one can see them clearly.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw1taRkPo1Y[/quote]

Remember to share this outside the forum.
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Satara Cam 2010-06-13

Timelapse of Satara Webcam. Quite an active day with a diverse number of visitors. Hyaena, an owl and elephant at night, as well as some buffalo and blue wildebeest. During the day the herds of zebra, blue wildebeest and impala are interspersed with buffalo, giraffe and warthog.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQTdcyij8hU[/quote]

Remember to share this outside the forum.[/quote]
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Orpen Cam 2010-06-14

Timelapse of Orpen Webcam. Though never in big numbers, apart from the impala, this zoomed in view of the one side of the waterhole shows a diverse number of animals visiting. Duiker, Elephant, Hyaena, Jackal, Impala, Buffalo, Blue wildebeest, Warthog, and Zebra all show themselves, some only for fleeting glimpses, others at length.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bklXplUEAQg[/quote]

Remember to share this outside the forum.[/quote]
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Another one to add. Hopefully tomorrow the weekend's ones may be there with lions!

Nossob Cam 2010-07-22

Timelapse of Nossob Webcam. From just before 08H30 to around noon the blue wildebeest are in an out, being visible most of the time. Jackal are also regular visitors throughout the day and night. Oryx and springbok also come with darkness and tonight the brown hyaena, normally just a dark smudge, is quite visible in the light somebody shines from the hide around 19H30. Spotted hyaena also show themselves.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfF9lnR0shg[/quote]
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Satara Cam 2010-09-09

Timelapse of Satara Webcam. Though never in large numbers a nice representative spread. Elephant, hyaena, jackal, buffalo, blue wildebeest, baboon, zebra, warthog, and the ever present sleek impala.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-tfn4vFnm8
Last edited by bishop3006 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marius

DuQues
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Unread postby DuQues » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 pm

A little question, a while back there were Nyala at Orpen, have you seen them back?
Not posting much here anymore, but the photo's you can follow here There is plenty there.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:35 am

DQ, they have been back a couple of times. Unfortunately, due to the panning of the webcams, there are no time-lapse videos of Orpen and Addo - only Satara and Nossob are now made into videos.
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:33 pm

Didn't update HERE for a while, and I see that out of sight is out of mind... Will be adding a couple.

Satara Cam 2010-10-02

Timelapse of Satara Webcam. The hyaenas are out and about and swimming the whole day, often putting in an appearance. Further there's blue wildebeest, impala, buffalo, zebra, giraffe, elephant, warthog and jackal.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVwPo3tsTiQ
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Nossob Cam 2010-10-07

Timelapse of Nossob Webcam. Today we have the usual jackals during the night and a couple of times during the day. Springbok, oryx, blue wildebeest and red hartebeest also show themselves. And amongst all the birds the secretaries and eagle are the prominent ones.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=900s1ZDpAHo
Marius

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Satara Cam 2010-10-11

Timelapse of Satara Webcam. Today's highlights are the elephnats that drop by quite often. Then there's the jackal and hyaenas, as well as numerous impala. Blue wildebeest, zebra, warthog and eagle also show themselves.

Video link to copy and email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYbR_zi6B9E
Marius

vinkie
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Location: Living in The Netherlands but raised in South Africa

Unread postby vinkie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:28 pm

Nossob Cam 18/11/2011 Lions Return

Just a question.... :whistle: do we post it here or do we post it in animated sightings :?
Live life on the edge but be careful not to fall off! :wink:

Our 2013 Trip Report: Vinkie and Apex Predator back in the bushveld

:dance: Preparing our 2016 or 2017 trip to Kruger National Park or Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park :dance:

Return to “Webcams”