Skip to Content

Bird photograpy in june

All topics and discussions with reference to birds in all SANParks

Bird photograpy in june

Unread post by Bart47 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:33 pm

Good afternoon, i am planning a trip with a friend to Kruger. Bin there before many times but june would be new for me.
We are both serious amateur bird photographers and we are planning to stay in Kruger 12-14 days starting in the north and then work our way south.
Probaly Punda Maria, Mopani, Letaba, Satara, Skukuza and hopefully Lower Sabie. Plane tickets already booked!
I know in the summer birdphotograpy can be easy (lots of species) but also difficult ( harsh light) but i wonder how it is in june. The light will be good but how about the birds? We don't really have preferences altough a Pel's Fishing Owl would be nice (but that is a long shot)
I know the Lake Panic Bird Hide is a good place to get some good shots (afternoon) but does anyone know what it will be like in the Sweni Hide? And the sunsetdame at Lower Sabie? Ofcourse we will thake photograps of mammals too :lol:

Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)
FAC Member (2014)

Re: Bird photograpy in june

Unread post by hilda » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:25 pm

I hope one or more of our regular birders/experts will respond to your question Bart47! I'm thinking of Johan van Rensburg, Albert, Sky, Wildtuinman, DotDan, Ladybirder, Glasogie, Jakkie Human, Imax, Guinea Pig, Gatita, Bushbuddies, addictedToBirds, TrevorC, to name but a few! :D

May I suggest that you PM one/a few/all of them with your request should they miss this post? :hmz:

Unfortunately I'm a novice at birding and cannot help you, neither do I have experience of the birds in Kruger during June! I would also like to know what you could expect to find there at that time of the year! Good luck! :dance: :dance:
"We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right." - Nelson Mandela

Return to “Birding in SANParks”