Skip to Content

Storms River: INFO

Knysna, Tsitsikamma, Wilderness
DinkyBird

Unread postby DinkyBird » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:03 am

This is the best I can do for you today, I will scan the map in tomorrow at work and repost it. I will also ask Diannet if we can get one linked to the Storms River page.

Salva
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Salva » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:31 pm

Hoephoep is right except for his ranking

best view: honeymoon cottage 16A
2nd: honeymooncottage 16B
3rd: honeymooncottage 17

:lol:

I have stayed in 16A: splendid!
U lacht en U heeft gelijk dat U lacht maar het is niet om mee te lachen

Jumbo

Unread postby Jumbo » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:35 pm

View from Honeymoon Cottage 8A (more info in my trip report

Sorry HoepHoep, but I have to agree with Salva on units 6A and 6B…really nice units!!! We unfortunately did not get one of them, but as you can see from the pix, even unit 8A is right next to the sea.

HoepHoep
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Tsitsikamma Sea Landscape

Unread postby HoepHoep » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:16 pm

I spend some time on the rocky beach at the eastern side of the river mouth at the suspension bridge on 17 January this year. The movement of the rocks in the wash of the waves fascinated me. I took a series of 5 photos over a period of 30 minutes. In the middle of the first photo, just to the left of the middle is a rock with a "dent" on the top. It has a green tint from the growth of moss. Just to the right of this rock is a smooth rock that looks pretty much like an ostrich egg, also in size. It has a light grey colour. With the first mentioned rock as a reference, now watch how the "egg" moved as a result of the wave motion.

This must be the very first trip report of a rock on this forum!

Shortly after this series of photos my wife had a very unfortunate accident when she fell 8 metres down the rocks a few meters from where these photos were taken. She is presently recovering after 4 operations and looking forward to our next visit to the most beautifully place on earth.

The personnel at Tsitsikama went out of their way to assist us in every way possible. Ever the boat that is used for cruises up the river was made available to us. The final help and rescue came from the NSRI which air lifted my wife with an Army helicopter to a hospital in PE.
Last edited by HoepHoep on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Creator is bigger than His creation!

My latest trip report to Addo during June 2009:
http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34300

HoepHoep
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby HoepHoep » Mon May 12, 2008 1:39 pm

We have stayed in the Oceanettes 3 times in the last 2 years and will hopefully return soon. The large Oceanettes are the two at the end of the complex and both have outside patios with a braai. Both have splendid views, but the one closest to the start of the Otter trail is without doubt the best accommodation in the park! (Oceannette No N - phone the park after you have booked and twist their arm to ensure that you get N and not G).
It is far left on this photo
The view from your lounge will look like this:
We watched the dolphins for more than 2 hours from our balcony (next to N). The last photo was taken from this balcony.

HoepHoep
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby HoepHoep » Tue May 13, 2008 8:27 am

Hi Elmar
Have a look on the site for Tsitsikama and you will see the Oceanettes and can actually see the unit numbers.
Yes G is on the ground level closest to the river mouth and at that point the building is single story. Unit N on the far end is actually on two levels - the lounge on the middle level compared to the other units and the bedrooms on the same level as the lower units, but because of the ground level changing, both is on ground level. Does that make sense? If you look at the photo it becomes clearer. We have never had any problems with privacy, even being between two units. The larger ones have even more privacy. Unit N is also single story.
Only these two are large Oceanettes.

Elmar

Re: Storms River: INFO

Unread postby Elmar » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:41 pm

The two large oceannettes now have different booking codes, namely FN4 and FNZ4. FNZ4 is adapted for disabled visitors. Which one of these will be unit N?

Return to “Garden Route Parks”