Skip to Content

Garden Route Timetable

Knysna, Tsitsikamma, Wilderness

Garden Route Timetable

Unread post by schrummel » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:02 am

Hi all,

in October I will have some time to visit the garden route - so far so good :)

The number of days is fixed but I still have some questions where I could need your help :)

Day 1 - Port E Airport - Addo
Day 2 - Addo
Day 3 - Addo - Knysa (Tsitsikamma)
Day 4 - Knysa
Day 5 - Knysa - de Hoop
Day 6 - de Hoop - Hermanus
Day 7 - Hermanus - Cape Town
Day 8 - Cape Town (Sight Seeing Round Trip)
Day 9 - Cape Town (Table Mountain)
Day 10 - Cape Town (Cape of good hope)
Day 11 - Cape Town (maybe Robben Island, Shopping, City centre, etc..)
Day 12 - Cape Town - Flight back (flight in the evening)

- Should I Switch 1 day from Cape Town to Knysa maybe? Might be that I don't have enough time for the Garden Route. But of course Cape Town is important for us...
- Can you recommend any accomodation in or near the de Hoop Nature Reserve?
- Is it "neccessary" to make a whale watching tour or are you able to see almost everything from the coast? We had some Problems with sea sickness before so I am not sure if another boat trip is a good for us :) Or do you know maybe some Provider who use quite big boats/ships?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Garden Route Timetable

Unread post by DinkyBird » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:54 am

Hi schrummel

If it were me, I would leave your schedule as it is. Have you looked at Agulhus NP as an option to overnight? The Garden Route is really beautiful and for me a favourite. There is so much to do in CT area, even the winelands is a lovely tour, so do not cut days down from those you allocated to CT. If you want to spend more time in the Garden Route area (I assume you are going to see Storms River and Nature's Valley too) then rather stay one night less on the Hermanus leg. You can do the drive and stay at Agulhus NP and then drive along the coast all the way via Hermanus and Gordon's Bay, Strand to Cape Town.

I think you can have good whale viewing from land at Hermanus. We have seen many whales out at sea, and never used a boat. Obviously one gets closer on a boat but if you are prone to feeling ill rather do not risk it.

Return to “Garden Route Parks”