Skip to Content

Addo Tipps needed for Accomodation and Driving

Addo, Camdeboo, Karoo, Mountain Zebra
Stibo

Addo Tipps needed for Accomodation and Driving

Unread post by Stibo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:29 pm

Hello everybody,

I know that there are already a lot of questions and answers about the Addo Elephant National Park but unfourtunatly I counldn't find a clear answer to all my questions.

My wife and I are flying to South Afica in January 2017 and arrive in PE at the 20th around 3pm. The current plan is to drive directly to Addo and then the first question would be if we should spend the night inside or outside the park?
On the Sanpark website the standard conservation fee is daily, so does that mean that we have to pay for the 20th and the 21st if we spend the night inside the park at the Addo rest camp?
If possible we would do a booked night tour on the 20th and do a self drive safari on the 21st. Is it advisable to drive from the main entrance way down to the south of the park and then exit there?
Another thought would be to spend the night on the 20th outside near the south entrance and start the day early on the 21st and work our way up to the north and exit there.

Thanks a lot for you help and I am looking forward for your tipps.
Stibo

FrontierPR
Guru
Guru

Re: Addo Tipps needed for Accomodation and Driving

Unread post by FrontierPR » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi Stibo

Glad to hear that you're Addo-bound. If you're staying in the park overnight, you'll only pay conservation fees for the one night. However, should you sleep outside the park, you'll pay per day - so in your case, twice, should you come into the park on both days. Staying inside the park always allows you to enter the game viewing area earlier than it would be if you were coming from outside.

There is still limited accommodation units available on the dates you have in mind, so if you do choose to stay in the park, I suggest you book sooner rather than later. A night drive combined with a self-drive is perfect, as it gives you the best of both worlds. And yes, if you start at Main Camp, you can certainly drive yourself through the park and out at the southern gate, or vice versa.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way!
Fayroush Ludick
Regional Communications

watershed

Unread post by watershed » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:50 pm

Is there an eMail address for Addo or a particular person I could contact to request a certain cottage unit? My booking and payment has already gone through.
04.03.17 Berg-en-Dal
06.03.17 Skukuza
09.03.17 Satara
11.03.17 Letaba
14.03.17 Lower Sabie
17.03.17 Berg-en-Dal

FrontierPR
Guru
Guru

Unread post by FrontierPR » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:52 am

Hi watershed

Have you already been to Addo or are you still looking for a contact?
Fayroush Ludick
Regional Communications

Wydcombe

Unread post by Wydcombe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi all, new to this forum so sorry if I am posting in the wrong place ...

My husband and I are driving from Cape Town to Durban in Nov/Dec 2018 and hope to stay at Addo in a Rondavel for 2 nights along the way. Can anyone recommend which rondavel has the best view of the waterhole, and also how soon can we book ( currently they are only taking bookings until Aug 2018).

Many thanks in advance.

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by lion queen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:54 am

Wydcombe wrote:Hi all, new to this forum so sorry if I am posting in the wrong place ...

My husband and I are driving from Cape Town to Durban in Nov/Dec 2018 and hope to stay at Addo in a Rondavel for 2 nights along the way. Can anyone recommend which rondavel has the best view of the waterhole, and also how soon can we book ( currently they are only taking bookings until Aug 2018).

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Wydcombe and a warm welcome to the forum! :gflower: :gflower:

Please have a look here for a map of Addo main camp

Here is some discussions on Addo accommodation

Bookings open 11 months in advance. November 2018 bookings should open in December 2017 and December 2018 in January 2018.

Enjoy your trip planning!
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

Wydcombe

Unread post by Wydcombe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi Lion Queen, thank you so much for the links, that is really helpful. I can’t wait to book!!

Return to “Frontier Parks”