Skip to Content

Kgalagadi: Nossob Camp

Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld
arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Kgalagadi: Nossob Camp

Unread post by arks » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:13 am

NadiaL wrote:We will update all the maps as soon as the construction and revamp operations are complete. We would like to complete everything under one umbrella and not do it camp by camp.

This makes NO sense to me! :roll: Since the maps are of the individual camps, why not make the updated map for each camp available as soon as possible, which will be the most helpful to those of us planning a KTP trip. I don't think that you're thinking at all about what would be best for us visitors. :wall:
RSA 2017
9-11 November Cape Town
11-29 November RMS St Helena: St Helena & Ascension
29-30 November Cape Town
1 December-21 January Darling

kittykat23uk

Unread post by kittykat23uk » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:26 pm

We all be in kgalagadi end of this month, our first visit. :dance: Our tour company is still hoping for an opening for us at Nossob in the new riverfront chalets. We keep being told the completion dates keep being put back. Is there any chance of availability opening up in the first week of October?

Thanks

Jo

katanga

Unread post by katanga » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:40 am

kittykat23uk wrote:We all be in kgalagadi end of this month, our first visit. :dance: Our tour company is still hoping for an opening for us at Nossob in the new riverfront chalets. We keep being told the completion dates keep being put back. Is there any chance of availability opening up in the first week of October?

Thanks

Jo

Jo

from what I have seen, they only open up from December. I had the same dilemma with my trip in Nov/Dec. As sson as the new RF chalets opened up, I changed around my itinerary to get into the chalets.

Very much doubt they will be opening earlier as I believe they are using them whilst the old ones are being renovated.

gannet

Unread post by gannet » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:03 am

Jo, during August we were at Nossob and beds, fridges etc were being moved into the some of the new RF units - the staff mentioned that 5 of the new RF units will become operational during September, but these will be used to accommodate “displaced” old CH-unit bookings during the renovation period - if you manage to get Nossob accommodation perhaps you’ll be one of the lucky people - cheers, Ian
AVIATION IN ITSELF IS NOT INHERENTLY DANGEROUS, BUT TO AN EVEN GREATER DEGREE THAN THE SEA,
IT IS TERRIBLY UNFORGIVING OF ANY CARELESSNESS, INCAPACITY OR NEGLECT.

sandals

Unread post by sandals » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi there - I see that the new Premium campsites have very little if no shade at all as there are no large trees there. Is there a plan to put up some shadecloth structures as in the campsite. It is going to be extremely hot there in Dec, Jan & Feb.

Thanks Sandy

Return to “Arid Parks”