Skip to Content

Day Visitors Permit for Kgalagadi

Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld
Ina K

Day Visitors Permit for Kgalagadi

Unread post by Ina K » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:36 am

Good Morning,
I just found out last night that as from 1 May 2017 a gate quota will apply at the Twee Rivieren Gate.
This is ONLY for DAY VISITORS and entering via the Twee Rivieren Gate.
You can pre-book a permit but now my question is,
WHERE can I pre-book, an e.mail address would be much easier for me, as an international visitor.
Thanks,
Ina

barryels

Re: Day Visitors Permit for Kgalagadi

Unread post by barryels » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:30 am

Dear Ina K,

Welcome to the forums :thumbs_up: .

You can contact Kgalagadi management at the following E-mail: kgalagadi@sanparks.org

The Parks Tourism Manager is Christa von Elling with E-mail: christa.vonelling@sanparks.org

Enjoy the park :thumbs_up: .

Regards,

barryels
Always be humble and understanding.
KNP 1-6 March 2017
KTP 21-28 Nov 2017

Ina K

Unread post by Ina K » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:46 am

Thank you, will send an e.mail straight away..

Muhammad
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Muhammad » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:06 pm

Not sure why was this notice not posted here?

Ina K

Unread post by Ina K » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:01 pm

@ Muhammad, that is the post I read last night and had a big fright as i booked about 9 months ago and am now busy trying to sort out day permits as we are not staying in the park. I have mailed Christa for info and am praying she can help. ALso have no idea what they need for day permits name, or car registration which I don't have as we will be hiring ( international visitor) or payment up front? can not find anything on this.

barryels

Unread post by barryels » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Ina K wrote:@ Muhammad, that is the post I read last night and had a big fright as i booked about 9 months ago and am now busy trying to sort out day permits as we are not staying in the park. I have mailed Christa for info and am praying she can help. ALso have no idea what they need for day permits name, or car registration which I don't have as we will be hiring ( international visitor) or payment up front? can not find anything on this.

@Muhammad, This was what I also thought and due to the fact that the info to contact Kgalagadi reception directly is not available on the notice, I have added the above contact details.

@Ina K. Your are in good hands with Christa :thumbs_up: .
KNP 1-6 March 2017
KTP 21-28 Nov 2017

JimS

Unread post by JimS » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:04 pm

I know that Kruger limit the number of day visitors during school holidays and long weekends, but today I learnt that Kgalagadi are introducing similar day visitor restrictions, not only at holiday season but every day. The number of day visitor vehicles will be limited to 20.

I had tried to book two weeks accommodation in KTP during the month of June, but I could not book consecutive nights, so I booked accommodation at a Lodge close to the Park. This morning a received a mail from the Lodge providing details of the new day visitor restrictions. As I planned to be in the Park each day I phoned SanParks Central Reservations to book an entry permit for each day of my visit. I was told that permits can only be booked through TR. I phoned TR, was answered very quickly and the permit was booked without any hassles, and a booking confirmation has been e-mailed to me, excellent service. As a Wildcard holder there was no charge.

It may be worth a permanent notice on the forum detailing the new restrictions. I would hate to by the 21st day visitor. Day visitors are only allowed to enter the Park at 07h00. Not a problem in winter, but in summer photographers will miss 60 – 90 minutes of early morning light.

I do support these new restrictions, KTP is too delicate to allow unfettered day visitors.

Jim

Elephantears

Unread post by Elephantears » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:34 am

FAO InaK
Having seen this post I was also in the same predicament as JimS had thought not wanting to be the 21st person to be at the gate and to be told- Sorry but all done for the day, you might want to have look around Ashkam, there are goats and donkeys along the way!!
Anyway, I have contacted persons given here by ever reliable mr B yesterday and received the confirmation for my permits this morning. Although Christa is away currently but the matter was dealt with great efficiency. Excellent service from SANParks.
I have provided my SANParks client code and the WILDCARD number and of course the number of people visiting.
I hope you have done the same and organised you permits. If not send an email. Best of luck.
Thanks very much for bringing this to attention.

Ina K

Unread post by Ina K » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks to barryels , I sent an e.mail to Christa got an out of office forwarded it to the e.mail given in the out of office mail of Christa and this morning I had an e.mail from Bernadett Mienies and am now waiting for my confirmation e.mail, VERY QUICK SERVICE from them and thank you once again barryels for also responding as we are going in a few weeks time.

Ina K

Unread post by Ina K » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Just received my day permits for this May...thanks

Son godin
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Son godin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Alternative will be to book a game drive, but what is the number of people the park can accommodate on game drives and will it be possible to book for activities on-line now that there is a quota.

Will Botswana at Two Rivers and Namibia at Mata-Mata also implement a daily quota or is it only applicable on South African side at Twee Rivieren?
Next trip: Kgalagadi in July 2017

Last trip: Tsitsikamma NP, Addo Elephant NP and Mountain Zebra NP

pedro maia

Unread post by pedro maia » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:20 pm

I just saw this thread and I immediately sent an e~mail to Christa, now I´hoping for a quick answer because if I don´t get the permit it will ruin my vacation in August, I´m going to sleep outside the park.

Fingers crossed...

barryels

Unread post by barryels » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Son godin wrote:Alternative will be to book a game drive, but what is the number of people the park can accommodate on game drives and will it be possible to book for activities on-line now that there is a quota.

Will Botswana at Two Rivers and Namibia at Mata-Mata also implement a daily quota or is it only applicable on South African side at Twee Rivieren?

Son godin,

Although the notice only refers to gate quotas at Twee Rivieren and mention is only made of 20 visitors vehicles, your questions was forwarded to SANParks PR for a reply in this topic :thumbs_up: .

Regards,
barryels
KNP 1-6 March 2017
KTP 21-28 Nov 2017

NadiaL
Guru
Guru

Unread post by NadiaL » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Dear valued stakeholders,

The need for implementing a gate quota at Mata Mata will not be necessary. This gate processes very few day visitors. As far as the Botswana entry gate is concerned, there are currently no plans on the table but our Tourism Manager will add this point on the agenda during their next transfrontier meeting.

There are two game viewers available at Twee Rivieren ( 20- & 10-seater). Prior arrangement will be preferred.

Regards,
Nadia

pedro maia

Unread post by pedro maia » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Permits received, thanks to all for the information provided in this thread.

Return to “Arid Parks”