Skip to Content

KTP- 3nts KTC or 2 KTC/1 Nossob

Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld
andyaxa

KTP- 3nts KTC or 2 KTC/1 Nossob

Unread post by andyaxa » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:05 pm

We loved our trip to KNP, so we are giving KTP a go, heading there in January. Unfortunately we only have 5 nts in the park. :cry: We are planning to bookend the trip with stay at KK the first and last nights. That leaves us 3 nights in the middle. We want as minimum two nights at KK but were discussing if we should just do all three nights there or one at Nossob and two at KK? I know there is construction at Nossob and wondering if that will detract from the experience?

The reason we are staying at KK last night is that the next day we have a 12:50 flight out of Upington and I don't think we can make it from any of the camps other than KK or TR.
KNP 2016- Shimuwini 23 July - Olifants 24, 25 July - Talamati 26,27,28 July - Biyamiti 29,30,31 July

andyaxa

Re: KTP- 3nts KTC or 2 KTC/1 Nossob

Unread post by andyaxa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:31 am

Ahhh, I love the sounds of crickets chirping :lol:
Obviously it was either a stupid or unanswerable question...maybe both. :hmz:

One more try...does it make any sense staying on one side ( Nossob vs Auob) on such a short trip?

I will grab some :popcorn: as I fear this might be a lonely thread and I'll need something to pass the time...
KNP 2016- Shimuwini 23 July - Olifants 24, 25 July - Talamati 26,27,28 July - Biyamiti 29,30,31 July

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by lion queen » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:48 am

Hi Andyaxa,

andyaxa wrote:Ahhh, I love the sounds of crickets chirping :lol:
Obviously it was either a stupid or unanswerable question...maybe both. :hmz:

One more try...does it make any sense staying on one side ( Nossob vs Auob) on such a short trip?

I will grab some :popcorn: as I fear this might be a lonely thread and I'll need something to pass the time...

Not a stupid question, maybe just one that's a bit difficult to answer. :wink:

Just one night at Nossob will leave you with no time to travel north towards Union End. But you'll at least experience the other side ( :wink: ) of the park too.

At KTC you have just one direction to travel. Which can sometimes be frustrating not having more than one option.

BUT it depends on whether you want to drive the whole day of maybe just a short distance and spend some time at a waterhole???

This being your first visit, plus being in January, which is very very hot, you are stuck between NOT wanting to travel during the heat of the day and wanting to see as much as possible.

Usually I'll tell first time visitors to try and spend one night Auob and two Nossob, but if this is not possible then maybe try 2 KTC and one Nossob.

Bottom line, if you can get accommodation in KTP take whatever you can get!!!

Enjoy your trip and may you be blessed with great sightings!
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

andyaxa

Unread post by andyaxa » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:52 am

Thanks LQ! :gflower:
Definitely in the camp of taking it a little more slowly. And I know it will be hot. Might just stick to the Auob side.

Afriphile

Unread post by Afriphile » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:11 am

Personally , I would suggest seeing the Nossob valley as well as they are very different to each other.
Using the upper dune road, it is not too far across there, and then a lovely early morning drive from Nossob down to KK.
Last December it as so hot ,and the units don't have a/c,that we sought relief in the car or camp pools.....But the sightings were phenomenal.
Have a great trip,

Return to “Arid Parks”