Skip to Content

Where would you like to be right now?

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
mizzbee
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Where would you like to be right now?

Unread post by mizzbee » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Sorry mites, after all that juice that Carol so generously provided I am only now, starting to recover. :redface:

That hippo does have a soulful look about him. The grunting sound that they make always makes me think that they are laughing at us. :lol:

Kruger always evokes in me many moods. This is one of her moods.
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

Tessa G
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Tessa G » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:34 pm

Yes, beautiful photo. She does have many moods and they are all different. No two are the same.

I promise I will bring some lovely photos to share with you all when we get back. My stock of digital photos is sadly lacking.
Dec 16 - Letaba, Shingwedzi, Olifants, Tamboti, Biyamiti, Berg n Dal
Current: The Different Faces of Cape Point
CURRENT TR: 23 DAYS WITH TESSA & DAVE - FROM HEAD TO TAIL DEC 2015

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Angel of the Year (2015)

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Hello my dear friends, firstly to say that your pictures talk volumes....

Mizzbee, a warm welcome to the Kudu club :D :clap: :clap: :clap: I am so very, very happy.

Trrrp, as ever, just so my Kruger.... and what joy to have you as a legendary ranger. Welcome on board.
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:03 pm

mizzbee wrote:Trrp, your :cam: says it all about Shingwidzi :thumbs_up: . Not a leaf out of place. I sometimes feel for those gardeners.

Tessa, I don’t know if you will need your mobile, but the cell coverage at Shingwedzi is very patchy and unstable at best.

Today, rather than watch the webcams, I am going to sit on one of the benches under this tree and watch it for ‘real’ :tongue:

This pic really blows my mind. Thank you.

Carol g
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Carol g » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:12 pm

So nice to have you back with us MM, we missed you, I hope you had a lovely time in Kruger :gflower:
Those who have no love in there hearts for animals, have no love in there hearts at all

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:35 pm

Carol g wrote:So nice to have you back with us MM, we missed you, I hope you had a lovely time in Kruger :gflower:

Oh dear Carol, getting back, can be a bitch...particularly with Eishkom.

mizzbee
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by mizzbee » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Welcome back MM and thank you for your kind words.
Meandering Mouse wrote:Mizzbee, a warm welcome to the Kudu club
I no longer feel so naked. :whistle:

Tessa, I can’t wait to see Kruger through your eyes.

No crisis Eishkom!!!, I know the feeling MM. Load shedding takes place during my normal posting time on the Forum.

While the lights are still on, another view of panaromic Kruger.

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

Tessa G
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Tessa G » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Welcome back MM, we really did miss you. Cant wait to hear how your night in the Shipandini Hide went :D Its terrible getting back, I know. I seem to always shed a tear or three when I have to leave.

Carol, You got us to PAGE 100!! Hey thats a lot of beautiful Kruger sightings to keep us going.

Mizzbee, when I see photos like these, I just want to pack and get going. Kruger pulls on the soul and heart strings.

Have you all got your hiking boots on? I reckon if we take a walk through that bush, we could find ourselves some interesting creatures, large and small. :clap: :thumbs_up:

Trrp-trrrrrrrr
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)
Award: Video of the Year (2014)
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2014)
Award: Forumite of the Year (2014)

Unread post by Trrp-trrrrrrrr » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:53 am

Mizzbee you just post the most wonderful :cam: :clap: which make me just want to jump in my car and head out to Kruger. :mrgreen:

Welcome back MM :D ...you have been missed...Hope your computer has been sorted and you will be able to share some of your memorable sightings with us again :| ...Really miss your contributions. :thumbs_up:
Meandering Mouse wrote: and what joy to have you as a legendary ranger. Welcome on board.

Thanks for lovely welcome MM. :k

Carol and Tessa ...Refreshments packed...hiking boots on, ready to explore the bush with you all. :D

Mizzbee has set us in a wonderful direction today! :thumbs_up:
With the early morning cloud cover it should make for cool start to the day.
The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man. ~Author unknown

mizzbee
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by mizzbee » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Stunning photo Trrp. :cam: :clap:

The only reason for all my scenic photo’s is because if I do happen to see something special regarding animals in the Kruger, it is normally too far for me to photograph. :(

Well the boots are on. I see Carole is lagging behind somewhere. Soon that cloud cover is going to dissipate and we will need refreshments.

Tessa is going to lead us out but please give those hippos a wide berth.

Tessa G
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Tessa G » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:18 pm

No problem Mizzbee. We should just move down river a bit and I can see an area that should be free of hippos. Check for areas with no water and no basking crocs. :shock:

I am sure I can see Carol coming up the road, so we will just wait a while and enjoy this beautiful cool morning, Oh those clouds across the sky paint such a beautiful picture.

After a while of walking we must look out for a lovely tree that we can sit and enjoy Trrrp's refreshments.

(I unfortunately dont have photos to add to these beauties, so I will have to rely on you to add the interest until I am back from my trip with new photos)

I have a feeling that we may be able to enjoy a lovely sighting of waterbuck once we cross the river. :D :cam:

Trrp-trrrrrrrr
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Trrp-trrrrrrrr » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:13 am

Thanks for spoiling us with another stunning :cam: of Kruger Mizzbee :clap: ..Adore those type of pics. :thumbs_up:

Carol I see is slowly approaching...but she has a very sore throat today, we best take it easy so she can keep up. :k

Tessa hope Mizzbee or anyone else will be able to supply us with piccies for today. :pray: ..Photobucket on my side is playing up today :twisted: so nothing to reveal....but will eagerly be waiting to see what is in store for us all. :dance:

Lets have some coffee and rusks while we enjoy the sounds of the bush...That tree with the big stump looks like a suitable place to sit.
The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man. ~Author unknown

mizzbee
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by mizzbee » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:26 pm

I do hope that Carol’s throat gets better soon. We will miss her supplies of Patriotism.

Trrp, IT problems, be it software or hardware are sent to test us. Most frustrating.

I prefer more sedate problems, like which road to take, albeit on foot. Lead the way Tessa.

Carol g

Unread post by Carol g » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:25 am

Thankyou all for slowing down so this old croc could catch up, and yes I've got the patriotic juice in my bag, would never forget to bring it along

Now let's start walking again and see where Tessa and mizzbee are taking us on this walk :gflower:
Those who have no love in there hearts for animals, have no love in there hearts at all

Trrp-trrrrrrrr
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Trrp-trrrrrrrr » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:46 am

mizzbee wrote: IT problems, be it software or hardware are sent to test us.

Mmmmh IT problems can be challenging for me at the best of times :wall: ....maybe, teaching me to be more patient I think. :wink:

Aah goody Carol is back and fully stocked! :D ....Don't see Tessa or MM ....Hope they have not taken a shortcut across the river. :shock: ...or worse fallen down the side of this hill !! :?

Stunning views Mizzbee :clap: ..Can see into the vast distance.... wonder what is all lurking there.
Could really spend some time here looking through the binoculars. :hmz: ...Just as long as we don't also spot MM and Tessa hanging in one of the trees. :wink:

Return to “Chit-Chat”