Skip to Content

Gather round for a Chat

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Angel of the Year (2015)

Re: Gather round for a Chat

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Mon May 09, 2016 4:47 am

A very good morning to you all.

I have put the kettle on. The rusks are waiting.

It is a new working week. I wish you all a good one. :gflower:
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

billyf
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by billyf » Mon May 09, 2016 5:24 am

Good morning mites, wishing y'all a lovely week :gflower:

Thanks for the coffee and rusks Ms Mouse, hope all your furkids are smelling like roses today :D

When you leave tomorrow Terry, safe towing - quite a long way to take your cat :shock:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Stampajane
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Stampajane » Mon May 09, 2016 6:17 am

Good morning all.

monkeys are alarm calling outside.

Wishing everyone a great week ahead.

Safe travels, Terry and enjoy a wonderful holiday.

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Mon May 09, 2016 7:25 am

Good morning everybody. Safe driving Terry and enjoy your travels. I hope Carol will enjoy her trip to Maputo. Whilst driving to the southern gates of the Kruger National Park a person see the road signs indicating the distance to Maputo which is quite close. It feels a bit strange, or to me, that the sea is about 100 km from the southern Kruger. Hugh what is poppalade :hmz: We also have many citrus fruits in the shops now as winter is approaching. My neighbour gave me a few naartjies from her tree this morning. She loves her garden and she likes to talk about her garden . She says her husband only listens but it feels to her like talking to a wall wearing a moustache. The weather here is cool with a bit of clouds in the sky. Stampie do you have a resident monkey troop in your garden? Have a nice Monday everybody :gflower:
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Nkulu
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Nkulu » Mon May 09, 2016 7:43 am

Good Morning All, have a Good Day and even better week
Nkulu

I am a free spirit...Either admire me from the ground. Or fly with me...But don't ever try to cage me

Punda Maria 2 February - 9 February 2017
Watch this space :lol: :lol:

Jock
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Jock » Mon May 09, 2016 8:02 am

Good morning to all the mites. :gflower: Hope all those mothers out there had a fantastic day yesterday.

I know I am a bit of the blast from the past, it has been a very long time since my last visit :redface: but work and life has kept me pretty busy. I am currently home for a visit with the family :dance:. For those that do not know me, I am one of Elsa and Klystron's daughters. I do have the best parents and was given a major surprise when I arrived on Saturday morning. Not only do I get to spend two weeks at the family timeshare overlooking the Crocodile River, (this part I knew about), but we are heading into the park for 4 extra days. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: We leave next Monday so I just cannot wait as it has been three years since my last fix of Kruger.
Cheers
Her Highness Jockelina

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away

PNF
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by PNF » Mon May 09, 2016 8:13 am

Good morning everyone!
This cool dry weather is perfect for drying biltong and wors outside and,like many others, we have some hanging up and almost dry. Trouble is that it is meant to be taken with us next week when we leave and there may not be much left over :roll: It's going to take a very strong will on both our parts to refrain from "just a small taste to see if it's OK"......

We distributed the last of our naartjies last week, GM.................they were starting to go rotten on the tree. Now we just have a couple of large mangoes left (which may ripen enough to take with us) as well as lemons that are starting to colour. When we get back, it will be time to dig up the sweet potatoes. Then we start all over again - digging and composting the beds and putting fertiliser down around the fruit trees. Hopefully next year we will have pawpaws and grapefruit as well as those trees didn't bear anything this year.

Welcome back to SA Jock - enjoy your visit...........hope KNP throws all its animals in your way :twisted:

Have a great day all.......and safe towing Terry!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin

Shingwedzi 22 May - 12 June 2016

Sparrow
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Sparrow » Mon May 09, 2016 8:21 am

Howzit All on this sunny Monday morn after all the rain over the weekend. I think my pool could have over flowed twice.

Safe travels Terry and hope you have a great time with plenty animals Jock.

Have a great day Alland week ahead.
Russel G

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished Lao Tzu

27/02/16 to 01/03/16 Satara
02/03/16 to 05/03/16 Skukuza Cricket.

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Mon May 09, 2016 8:24 am

It sounds that good rains have fallen over KZN

Good morning and it is nice to “see” you Jock :D Perhaps we should all go for lunch :hmz: under the shade of that old familiar tree at Tshokwane to welcome Jock and because it is Monday. I will bring us two cold roasted chickens that is stuffed with sage and onion and some potato salad in a fruit glass jar and Stampie might bring us some Jamaican coffee, Elsa a milk tart and Tessa one of her freshly baked chocolate cakes.

PNF the other day I saw really large sweet potatoes :slap: that they sold in the green grocer section of the grocery shop. But really outside large sweet potatoes – perhaps it is a new variety.
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Jock
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Jock » Mon May 09, 2016 8:42 am

Sounds great, I am there. Klystron made some crunchies yesterday so will see if I can raid the stash and bring them along too.
Cheers
Her Highness Jockelina

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Mon May 09, 2016 9:09 am

Good morning and a super week to ALL :gflower: and a very warm welcome back :k to you, Jock :gflower: !
WOW @that major surprise :dance: !

Lunch at Tshokwane will be great, Grantmissy 8)
aquila non capit muscas

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Hugh » Mon May 09, 2016 9:36 am

Morning all
Lots of tired but contented moms out there .. today its back to the usual mommy tasks
Jock so nice to see you popping in .. enjoy every moment Pity you couldn't bring the lab Becca with you . She looks adorable

GM Poppalade is just ordinary Marmalade made by the real one . Its really nice and has three fruits in it and is made in large quantities

Terry I do hope your kitty is not like my kitty who practices his scales while travelling .. getting higher and higher as the journey progresses He sings at fortissimo level the whole way ( only ever take him to the vet and its only about 4 blocks away )

Morning Matthysie and Sir and Mossie and Stampie and Nkulu and F( part of PNF)

Cloudy today Lovely and cool
"WRINKLES
Something other people have,
similar to my character lines

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Mon May 09, 2016 10:25 am

A very Good Morning everyone!

How nice to see Jock dropping by in here again! 8)
One large milk tart will be on its way to Tshokwane for part of the lunch menu!

What a special day it was yesterday, talk about being spoilt! :whistle:
but so good to have the whole brood together again and we had a lot of catching up to do.

Major rain here yesterday, think our gauge must be around the 100mm mark.
very unusual for this time of year but most welcome all the same.

Still very overcast but I see the sun trying its best to make its presence felt.

Do all have a marvelous Monday and week. :thumbs_up:
7 more sleeps!! :dance:
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.
Kruger - 16th May - 3rd June 2016

Have you nominated someone in the Annual Forum Awards yet?

dellac
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by dellac » Mon May 09, 2016 11:14 am

Morning al from a very hot sunny UK :clap: :clap: .. They say it's due to go again tomorrow :doh: so let's hope that wasn't our summer as I think I slept through it :wall: not feeling too good, maybe a trip to the quack is due :roll: .. Hope you all had a great Mothers Day yesterday :gflower: in SA .. How nice to meet you Jock :thumbs_up: will see you soon for lunch :wink: and you watch these parents of yours they will spoil you, also be careful when you get to the Kruger gates at closing :naughty: we followed your dad in and he times it to the second :cam: ... Hope you all have a great week :k

Tessa G
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Tessa G » Mon May 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Good morning to everyone :k

It was a wonderful weekend and the party on Saturday went off beautifully with everyone enjoying themselves and so much laughter too.

Mom is not well again, so we took her up to the doctor. Her blood pressure is right down and pulse rate high. She has been hallucinating as well, talking about all the people in her house and how they are making a mess. :( Rather upsetting. Doc has taken blood tests, so we will wait to see the results and if she has some sort of infection, possibly left over after the bladder infection.

Have a good day everyone and we will chat later.
Dec 16 - Letaba, Shingwedzi, Olifants, Tamboti, Biyamiti, Berg n Dal
Current: The Different Faces of Cape Point
CURRENT TR: 23 DAYS WITH TESSA & DAVE - FROM HEAD TO TAIL DEC 2015

Return to “Chit-Chat”