Skip to Content

Hello from Toronto, Canada!

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
StephanieDell

Hello from Toronto, Canada!

Unread post by StephanieDell » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:27 pm

I wanted to add to Christopher's post (viewtopic.php?f=67&t=99698) to say I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to visit beautiful KNP with Christopher and his parents.

Our plans were slightly affected by underestimating the size of KNP and we stayed in more places than we intended but that wasn’t a bad thing. Even though Chris's parents are older they kept up to our speed showed no signs of tiredness but how could you, in KNP there's so much to see in such little time. The only unfortunate thing is that we didn't get to spend enough time only 10 days but we were fortunate to see the big 5.

It was amazing to drive along the roads and not know what’s coming up around the next corner. Even the rest camps were something else, they were all amazingly well maintained and had their own special something.

I would love to send a shout out the Tinkers who have been blessed with travelling the park for 20 years and had the opportunity to update the 2nd edition map and guide which took them 40 days and over 5000km...what a dream! The map/guide was a mandatory tool and will make sure to recommend it to anyone visiting.

We knew immediately that this was just the beginning of our experience with KNP. We're looking forward to going back but most of all we look forward to being a part of the conservation efforts and ensuring others are thinking of ways to leave the park better than they found it.

I haven’t stopped thinking about this place since my visit and hope I’ll return soon!

PS. I'll add some pictures shortly.

Stephanie!
Keep fighting for animal rights, you may lose your mind but you will find your soul.
-Wild at Heart

MATTHYS

Re: Hello from Toronto, Canada!

Unread post by MATTHYS » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:32 pm

A very warm welcome to the forums, Stephanie from Toronto, Canada ! :D

We're looking forward to going back but most of all we look forward to being a part of the conservation efforts and ensuring others are thinking of ways to leave the park better than they found it.

:clap: and looking forward to your pictures 8)
aquila non capit muscas

Karin Mitton
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Karin Mitton » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:58 pm

StephanieDell wrote:
I haven’t stopped thinking about this place since my visit and hope I’ll return soon!
Stephanie!

All of us who love the Park feel like that! Looking forward to your trip report!

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Warm welcome to the forum Stephanie! :clap:

So glad you had such a wonderful experience in the beautiful Kruger and have made some amazing memories! 8) :dance:

Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Crested Val » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:22 am

Nice to meet you Stephanie. :thumbs_up:

jaxidean
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by jaxidean » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:35 am

A very warm welcome to the Forum Stephanie :) :) I myself who has just returned from spending 16 nights in the park, am finding it very difficult to get back to reality. It is my favorite place on earth and we try to go every year :)
12 - 15 May - Bontle Camp, Marakele
29 Jul - 14 Aug - Shing and Tzendze, Kruger

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)
Award: Angel of the Year (2015)

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:04 am

A very warm welcome Staphanie. :gflower:

I am pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time. I am certainly looking forward to hearing more.
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

hilda
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2016)
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by hilda » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:05 am

Welcome to the forum StephanieDell! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to KNP so much! One could never stay long enough! :dance: :dance:
"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light". Aristotle Onassis.

Return to “Chit-Chat”