Skip to Content

Gathering down by the river

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)
Award: Angel of the Year (2015)

Gathering down by the river

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:18 am

A very good morning from a fresh and rainy Cradle. We are certainly having a soaking this year. 8)

Well the Cradle tray is ready with fresh rusks from Maggie's.

Matty, that is so sad about the fires. :( Fire devastation is just dreadful.

Stampie, my daughter was so disappointed that I was not going to put up a tree. I am leaving on the 22nd and the house sitter might have his hands full with the dogs, cats and Christmas tree decorations.

Val, that is such a lovely picture. My daughter was thrilled to see the start of 'snow' yesterday. She was in London. Her flight was cancelled, due to weather, so I am not quite sure where she is right now. :hmz: She finds snow very exciting.

Another week has started, can you believe it? I am now in real count down mode.

We had a lovely lunch yesterday. Michelle finished her work early (close to Mapungubwe) , so she could also join. She was very tired though.

I have a fairly quiet day, work wise and then I have to repeat some admin. :roll: I see that I got it wrong.

I wish you all a super day and productive week. :gflower:
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Mischief
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Chatting under the shade of the big tree

Unread post by Mischief » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:25 am

Morning all the Marvellous Mites
The Bushveld Blend :lotsocoffee: :lotsocoffee: is on and the rusks and buttermelt biscuits are in the red and green blik.
Stampie hope your brother gets their flight sorted.Good news that your sister has landed safely. You will be full house over Christmas.Love your Christmas tree decorating tradition.
Elizabeth , you do travel light. Now you are counting sleepies. I hope the houses and pet sitters are perfectly marvellous people.
Val the snow looks beautiful but I don't envy you the cold.Stay warm now. You too Della :k

Have had steady rain falling again since about 8.30 pm last night, must be another good 30 mm and still raining.All other things being equal, hubby should go on leave on Friday
Going to get the washing on.Municipality have to shut down main water I feed pipe for 24 hours :roll: :roll: :roll: to fix a leak apparently from 11am but I would rather be safe than sorry. Sms only came through early evening yesterday :x .

Have a magic Monday everybody :gflower:
Hello Ms Mouse :k
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P

Trrp-trrrrrrrr
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Trrp-trrrrrrrr » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:18 am

Good morning everyone :D

Goody spoilt for choice today, cradle tray and bushveld blend :dance: ..Thanks MM and Mischief :k

All the snow pics are super ...Thanks for sharing Val 8)

20 kg for both Eliz :shock: ... Are you layering your other clothes to board the flight! :lol:
You are just marvelous to manage to travel so light, must be years of practice :hmz:

May you all have a great Monday and start to the new week :thumbs_up:
The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man. ~Author unknown

billyf
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by billyf » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:08 am

Good morning all, the last week of work for most people, getting close to Xmas :gflower:

Thanks for the morning refreshments Ms Mouse and Mischief :thumbs_up:

Sedoos still pumping away, no change expected till Wednesday, hope lots more wet stuff falls up country and along the east coast.

May you all have a lovely day and a super week !!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Goggo EJ
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Goggo EJ » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 am

Morning all! Lots of rain last night again with sound effects around bedtime. Still a watery sky, but dry and getting brighter at present. Need to top up groceries and get a few other things so will have to brave the shops today. Going to try to stick to smaller centres and hope it is less busy.
Smiling is contagious. Start an epidemic today!

Have you read the entrance permit? Do you KNOW the Conditions of Entry?

Completed over 8 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I was normal I wouldn't be me!

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:34 am

Good morning MM thank you for the Cradle Tray to start the Monday We also received more rain during the night Val the snow looks like a Christmas wonderland 8) keep snug and warm Val, Della and CoS and soon Hugh and Elizabeth will also be experiencing Northern hemisphere Christmas weather Good morning Mischief please say good morning to the other Mischief :D may the water interruptions not last long Good morning Trrp, Hugh really did well to remain at 20 kg quite amazing :clap: :clap: :clap: I think not all travellers are organised and able to weigh themselves in at 20 kg :hmz: Good morning Billy yes many people are starting their December holidays on Friday May it be a pleasant and kind Monday for all and Good morning everyone :gflower:
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Hugh » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:51 am

MOrning all
Sun is shinong wind is blowing perfect Cape Town weather ..
Ta for the coffees from the cradle and lowveld..
Hope the weather improves over seas so we can get our flight s to Amsterdam .. will keep a close watch . we are catching a train to Brussels so that should be no problem.
Have stuff to do as usual today but will see you all at 11 oclock for tea Some where the wind is not blowing so
When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to your youth, think of algebra … !!!!!

Philip1
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2016)
Award: Quiz Whiz of the Year (2015)
Award: Musketeer of the Year (2015)

Unread post by Philip1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:01 am

:D Good morning Mites. :D
images.jpg

:gflower: :dance: :D :gflower:
"Lose yourself in Nature and find Peace!" (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
UNITE AGAINST POACHING...What we protect,
do not let poachers take it away!

Extinction is forever and survival is up to---every last one of us!

PNF
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by PNF » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:02 am

Morning all!
I see there's a weather warning out on Sky News for North Wales and central England....... :hmz: more snow :shock: Definitely fur lined boots; balaklava and padded coat weather - but Val is in South Wales......so where does her snow come from? or, more likely, has the UK weatherman got it "slightly" wrong again??? (Just like we were "promised" no rain yesterday.....which explains another 6mm in the rain gauge :twisted: Not complaining but I did have washing on the line :D )
Sister, who lives near Guildford, will probably have to swap cars with her husband if there's any snow or ice - she has a station wagon with permanent 4 wheel drive whilst he drives a luxury sedan that hasn't a hope of getting out of their driveway let alone to the railway station should there be a hint of ice on the roads!
To Val and Della - wrap up warm girls!

Hugh - 20kgs?? That's normally the weight of my handbag :? and then there is a suitcase and a laptop and camera equipment and.... and......

Must dash - trying to get to shops before the first wave of holidaymakers get here!

Have a great day everyone!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin

Elsa

Re: Gathering down by the river

Unread post by Elsa » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:32 am

A very good morning everyone!

Storm did rumble through during the night, dropping a fair amount of rain.

Very disruptive for all the travellers when flights get cancelled due to the weather but I guess nothing much that they can do if the conditions are not safe.
Stampie, I hope your stranded family manage to get a flight soon.

Do take care all those in the thick of snow and ice.

Do all have a marvelous Monday and week. :thumbs_up:

MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 am

I am now in real count down mode.

:dance: MM !
Sorry about the repetition.

hubby should go on leave on Friday

8) Mischief and your soft steady rain too !

:lol: @ Elizabeth layering her clothes, Trrp :wink:

East wind pumping here, Sir !

Hope you find those not too busy shops, GEJ 8)

Hope the weather improves over seas so we can get our flight s to Amsterdam ..

Crossing fingers and toes, Elizabeth :k

Hugh - 20kgs?? That's normally the weight of my handbag :?

Ditto, PNF !

Good morning Grantmissy, Philip, Elsa, ALL :gflower:
Have a super Monday :D
aquila non capit muscas

Stampajane
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Stampajane » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:30 am

Good morning all.
Billy, please stop your huffing and puffing and sending the rain our way. We've really had enough for the moment and would happily share with the areas that need it desperately. Son and DIL are going camping down the coast for a week and they'd prefer not to sink into the mud.

I wrote a nice long greeting earlier but then was locked out when last week's chat was shut so just popped in quickly to wish everyone a good Monday and a great week to come. Let's hope all the travelers can reach their intended destinations.

I've got so much to get done today but my "get up and go" has "got up and left". Better drag myself back to the grindstone.

Return to “Chit-Chat”