Skip to Content

The Guessing Game

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
renierdutoit
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
Award: Newcomer of the Year of the Year (2017)

Re: The Guessing Game

Unread post by renierdutoit » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Roaneric?

wildflowergirl
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
Award: Quiz Whiz of the Year (2017)

Unread post by wildflowergirl » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Son godin?
You might get me out of the bush, but you won't get the bush out of me, it's deep in my heart

romanera

Unread post by romanera » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:28 am

Hippotragus?

Grantmissy
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)

Unread post by Grantmissy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:11 am

No it is not Son Godin, Wildflowergirl :( and no Romanera it is not Hippotragus :( . Very well done Renier :D the alias is roaneric :thumbs_up: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is how I thought about the clues:

Alias

The Chevaline Project - The roan antelope (Hippotragus equinus) is the namesake of the Chevaline project, whose name was taken from the French Antilope Chevaline.

Old Norse or differently in Old Norse due to Monophthongization - The given name Eric, Erik, or Erick is derived from the Old Norse name Eiríkr (or Eríkr in Eastern Old Norse due to monophthongization).

A very Light Beard and Red Nostrils – A characteristic/appearance of Roan Antelope.

She married a Disney Prince whom she rescued from a Shipwreck - Prince Eric is the love interest of Princess Ariel in the Disney movie The Little Mermaid.

Little by Little in 1891 - Title page from the 1891 edition of the book Eric or Little by Little.

Long Legs supported by something Large and False – Roan antelope has long legs that are supported by large hooves and false hooves.

Derived from the Old French and itself derived from Medieval Latin which in turns comes from the Byzantine Greek word - The English word "antelope" first appeared in 1417 and is derived from the Old French antelop, itself derived from Medieval Latin ant(h)alopus, which in turn comes from the Byzantine Greek word anthólops, first attested in Eustathius of Antioch

= Roaneric which is the alias of the forum member

Thank you Wildflowergirl, Mischief, Renier and Romanera for participating :thumbs_up:
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Return to “Chit-Chat”