Skip to Content

Photobucket problems

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
PRWIN
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Photobucket problems

Unread post by PRWIN » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:07 am

Hi guys

Photobucket has suspended all sharing from there site :big_eyes: , so all links will not be working anymore

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)
Award: Forumite of the year - Eagle Award (2016)

Re: Photobucket problems

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:19 am

Hi PRWIN, I had the same problem this morning. There is a link that you can press on and it will take you back to your pictures. I notice that there are new terms of agreement. I think that it has something to do with that.

I managed to sort things out by pressing a 'do to' button.. I am not even sure how, but I am up and running again.
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:19 am

Sorry, 'go to'.

PRWIN
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by PRWIN » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:26 am

MM no can do

Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lSbkivoj

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:37 am

Oh dear PRWIN :( not good.

Have you exceeded your storage?

I know that Barry and Hilda have a paid account. I am sure that they will be able to steer you in the right direction.

It is not good when terms and conditions change like this. Many of us came on because there was free storage.

PRWIN
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by PRWIN » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:43 am

MM ,no I did not exceed the storage, was using it as a third-party site to host the photo's, hence they trying to force people to pay for third party hosting. Account deleted :redface:

Anyone else that was doing the same , will have the same problem I think

isinkwe
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by isinkwe » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:48 am

PRWIN
I think you may have exceeded your monthly limit because my photobucket ( free account) photo's are still visible.
Does it show your storage 6 % - that is the limit for free accounts.
The limit gets reset once a month on the day of the month you joined photobucket and then you are good to go again.
That's what I have experienced in the past anyway.
Isn't it just amazing how potatoes give us fries and vodka? :D The rest of the vegetables should get their act together :rtm:

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2017)

Unread post by Meandering Mouse » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:52 am

I know that Trrp also had a problem. :hmz:

I am seriously thinking of storing in a different site. I am unhappy about the adverts and I find that the site is down far too often.

PRWIN
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by PRWIN » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:00 am

PRWIN wrote:MM no can do

Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lSbkivoj

Isinkwe If you read the above , anyone with a free account and is sharing is heading for a problem :hmz:

salamanda
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by salamanda » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:08 am

If this pic comes out, mine is still working . . . .

salamanda
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by salamanda » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:16 am

Hmmnn. Well, so far, so good. I have as yet, received no notification. I am well under the limit for free accounts - only 2 - 3%.

Karin Mitton
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year (2017)

Unread post by Karin Mitton » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:37 pm

Many topics on the forum no longer have the photos available - I have noticed this on some TR, animal photos of the month nominations etc..... :hmz: :hmz:
I hope it can be resolved.

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by lion queen » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi PRWIN,

Could it be that the problem does not lie with the photo storage limit, but rather that Photobucket does not allow 3rd party hosting when you have use 100% of your bandwidth limit.

Your bandwidth limit gauges how many times someone has viewed your image.
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

PRWIN
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by PRWIN » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:31 pm

LQ

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits
• Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
• Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
• Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.
• Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).
• Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lUb1gAOI

The way I read it they are not going to allow any third party or link sharing out of a free account as we used to do it . You will have to pay for that privilege, people that can still see there's and are not payed members will also soon lose there links I think. That's the way I read the above :wall: :wall: Have deleted my account and am looking for a new hoisting site :sniper: :sniper:

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:48 pm

PRWIN wrote: Have deleted my account and am looking for a new hoisting site :sniper: :sniper:

I appreciate the frustration you guys are currently experiencing with Photobucket ... but if you deleted accounts with them, wont all the photos shared from your account on forums also be deleted?
- Dalene

Return to “Chit-Chat”