General Photography Chat

Discuss and share your wildlife photography, filming and equipment
zuppi
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: General Photography Chat

Unread post by zuppi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:46 pm

Dear timoha,

Glad you enjoyed your visit to the Kruger! Although there are 'better' times and 'not so better' times :mrgreen: to visit, I found the different seasons have their charm. And animal-wise, you can go during the very best of seasons and miss the good action by 2 minutes. Luck and patience and simply enjoying the nature are key, more than the right time of the year.

As you mention yourself the Tammy is a 'sunny weather' lens. I have used it in the past and came to the same conclusion. But more so, you should not use the Tamron 150-600 at 600! The sharpness is not great at that focal length. Rather zoom back a bit, up to about 500-550mm, provided you have enough light, the sharpness is good. It is definitely a good lens for its price.

timoha

Re: General Photography Chat

Unread post by timoha » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:17 pm

My Tamron 150-600mm at 600mm is pretty bad with f/6.3 but it's ok with f/8-f/10.

But of course, there can be some bad models. if you have such, try get a new copy. :)

There is some measures by dxomark (Canon version):
For crop sensor: https://www.dxomark.com/Lenses/Tamron/T ... suretabs-2

Click P-MPix Map button (or Global map or Field map). My version is still ok at 600mm & f/10. But for some reason, my version seems to be better at f/10 than on f/8. Perhaps it's because, it's Nikon version. I think, Dxomark is not tested Nikon version.

Return to “Wildlife Photography Enthusiasts”