Skip to Content

mlommies' Kruger visit - 09 Feb. 2012

Tell us about your breathtaking experiences in the parks
mlommies

mlommies' Kruger visit - 09 Feb. 2012

Unread post by mlommies » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:06 am

hi Mites

We visited the kruger yesterday, being a local so to speak, we decided to change our tactics and enter through Pabeni Gate rather than our normal Malelane route, and wow was I impressed with that decision hehe

We were in the park for about 5 min when a Jockey alerted us of a lion sighting. 2 females next to the side of the road, never in my 20 + visits has a lion been this close. Took some nice shots of the ladies and was very impressed. We then took the road towards skukuza and saw the infamous impala, some Ellies and a bushbuck, unfortunately to fast for my snappy fingers.

We saw some buffalo and another Ellie before we reached Skukuza for refreshments. There I snapped a happy looking blue tailed lizzard with a bug in its mouth, and we headed out towards Thokwane (Excuse the spelling)

As this was a trip of differences we took the gravel roads and landed at Orpen dam, where I spotted the most amazing looking spider.

We had lunch at Thokwane and made our way back down towards Lower Sabie, where we had a look from the most gorgeous view in the world ever, spotted some animals at the watering hole, unfortunately my 70 - 300 mm Lens did not do the sighting any justice.

We took a dirt road of the H10 which was about 38 km of the most gorgeous feeling ever. There we saw a breeding herd of Ellies and the prize of my visit, a Leapord dozing in a tree. We also saw a Giraffe Carcass taken down by a lion tribe the day before and some vultures

Wow what a day in the Kruger, not something I will soon forget

Pictures to follow shortly

M
Last edited by hilda on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the Kruger I feel at home, thats why my real home is only 30 min away from the Kruger

mlommies

Re: Kruger visit - 09/02/2014

Unread post by mlommies » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:54 am

As promised some of the photos

Lion Sighting

In the Kruger I feel at home, thats why my real home is only 30 min away from the Kruger

mlommies

Unread post by mlommies » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:57 am

Some of the birdlife

The Blue tailed Lizzard

mlommies

Unread post by mlommies » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:05 am

My spider

Some Ellies

My favourite

Return to “Travel Tales”