Skip to Content

Booking advice for Activities

Discuss activities available in the Kruger National Park, and follow all the sighting reports.
Scadoxus
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: How can a book a wilderness trail for Jan 2016?

Unread postby Scadoxus » Mon May 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Dear Heike

The SANParks Honorary Rangers offer hinking trails in Wolhuter, near Berg-en-Dal in the southern section of Kruger in Janauary and February 2016.

A complete list of the dates for our Walking Safaris is here on our Bush Camps page. Scroll down to Walking Safaris for the list of dates. http://www.sanparksvolunteers.org/bush-camps

Contact bushcamps@honoraryrangers.org to book your date.
Scadoxus

Want to know more about the SANParks Honorary Rangers?

visit:
www.sanparkshr.org

Ggain

Booking game drives and trails before we arrive?

Unread postby Ggain » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:41 pm

We are a group of 13 who are coming to Kruger in January 2016. We've been before but never with such a large group . We have booked all our accommodation of course but I was wondering if anyone could help with this question? We would like to do a riverwalk at Olifants and a couple of game drives in camps is like Satara and lower Sabie. Do you think we should book ahead? And if so anyone have any ideas on which is the best way to do this ?

Elsa

Re: Booking game drives and trails before we arrive?

Unread postby Elsa » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Warm welcome to the forum! :clap:

You can book ahead and its usually wise to do so especially at the popular camps like the ones you are booked at and also as you are a big group.
You can send an e-mail through to Reservations with your Reservation # and ask them to add it or if you can do it via the On-line method if that is how you booked.

But do have a read through Olifants River Walk and a bit more Here for more info and advice.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.
Kruger - 11th Feb - 8th March 2016

SANParks
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Booking advice for Activities

Unread postby SANParks » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:59 pm

andyaxa wrote:We have R2600 in our account balance due to a cancellation. I added a River Walk to our stay at Olifants. which gave us a R1300 balance to be paid. However, when I go to pay the balance, there is no option to use our account funds....only credit card. Is it not possible to use account funds to pay for activities?

Dear andyaxa,

We are currently busy developing the facility that will enable clients to use their credit on hold, but that's still a couple of months away from deployment.

Please email the above info along with your client code to reservations@sanparks.org and they will assist you with using your credit.

Best wishes,
Nedret Saidova
Senior Manager: E-Business, SANParks

SANParks
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby SANParks » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:22 pm

andyaxa wrote:Thank you Nedret! As we will still have more credit on hold after this transaction, which will likely lead to the need for a split payment on our next transaction, I think we will just put in a request for full refund of the accommodation cancellation and pay for the activities with credit card.

Yes, that might be the better option. If you haven't emailed reservations@sanparks.org already, then you can email Reservation.Refund@sanparks.org

andyaxa wrote:That will be great when the website enables one to pay online with account credit. Also, and I'm sure this is probably in development as well, it would be helpful to go online and view the exact amount one has on credit...maybe on the "Existing Reservations" screen.

When you pay for a reservation, the system will check to see if you have any credit on hold. If you do, it will subtract it from your current "bill" and provide you with the balance which will need to be paid by credit card. If the credit on hold is still larger, the difference will be kept till you make another booking, or request a refund.
Nedret Saidova
Senior Manager: E-Business, SANParks

nancybsimmons

Unread postby nancybsimmons » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:52 pm

If I have credit on my account for an online accommodation booking at Kgalagadi, can I use that credit on arrival to pay for night drives and morning walks arranged once we arrive? I had to shuffle our reservations around to get into the camps that we wanted, and now I have R2100 left over. We definitely want to do some activities in Kgalagadi and I would like to use these funds to pay for them..... just wondering if that is possible.
Nancy

August 2016
Kruger: Berg-en-Dal, Lower Sabie, Bushmans Wilderness Trail, Satara, Olifants, Punda Maria
Kgalagadi: Urikaruus, Kalahari Tented Camp, Nossob, Bitterpan
Also Mapungubwe, Marakele, Augrabies Falls, Mokala, and Golden Gate NPs

DinkyBird

Unread postby DinkyBird » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:29 pm

Hi Nancy,

from what I understand from the reply by Barry, and the info from SANParks (Nedret) above - you can either use your credit to pay for activities when you book them in the park; or you can write to the email provided by Nedret Reservation.Refund@sanparks.org and ask for your credit to be refunded to you. And then obviously, you will pay as per normal for the activities.

It is up to you how you use it, but you are able to receive a refund for the credit on your account.

Return to “KNP Activities & Sightings”