Skip to Content

Booking advice for Activities

Discuss activities available in the Kruger National Park, and follow all the sighting reports.
Samson123

Adding Activities

Unread post by Samson123 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:11 pm

HI

We have just tried to add a Cpl of game drives for sept 15

we have followed the prompts on screen with no success..we just keep going around in circles...

I have a reservation number and it logs in ok...but that's it

any ideas
Nick

iLoveMeerkats!

Re: Adding Activities

Unread post by iLoveMeerkats! » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Samson123,

I too, went around in circles and got a bit frustrated, then realized that I wasn't doing it right. Just in case you are doing the same thing, let me walk you through it...

1. Log in to ONLINE BOOKINGS
2. Click on EXISTING RESERVATIONS
3. Click on the RESERVATION NUMBER that you want to add to
4. Here you should see a list of all of the camps into which you are booked. Bottom right click on ADD ACTIVITY
5. This is where I went wrong. There is a picture of a basket and it says ADD ACTIVITIES. If you click on that, you will go around in circles and start over. Don't click on add activities there but rather go down and BELOW you should see a green bar with the park listed, click on THAT...in my case, it says KRUGER NATIONAL PARK. Then you should get a list of all of the camps and each one lists the activities available for any particular date. Click on the date and go from there.

Perhaps that will work for you. It worked for me but only after I went in circles for longer than I care to admit.

Baja Boojum

September Guided Walks & Drives Schedule

Unread post by Baja Boojum » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:58 am

What is the best way to get a copy of the guided walks and drives schedule for the last two weeks of September and first week in October?

I'm trying to coordinate activities with lodging, and can't remember how I got the program schedule the last time we visited the park. The guided activities we attended are some of our best Kruger memories.

I've sent an email to reservations@sanparks, and most of the individual camps, but many camp emails came back rejected. Instead of calling each camp (which is expensive from the US) I'm hoping there is an easier source of information.

Thanks!

Elsa

Re: September Guided Walks & Drives Schedule

Unread post by Elsa » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:25 am

Baja, have a look Activities Availability
Click on the camps you want to book and you will see a monthly calendar or a particular date which you can access.
Hope this helps.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.
Kruger - 16th May - 3rd June 2016

Have you nominated someone in the Annual Forum Awards yet?

Baja Boojum

Re: September Guided Walks & Drives Schedule

Unread post by Baja Boojum » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:54 am

Thanks, Elsa! Duh- I completely missed that link!

DinkyBird

Re: KNP Wilderness trails \ How do I make a reservation?

Unread post by DinkyBird » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Paul Seager wrote:I know these get booked early and the availability will drive how I plan may RSA vacation. Can someone tell me how I make an enquiry or reservation for these trails?

\ paul

Hi Paul

Have you seen this link to the Availability to the trails?
Sawubona
Dalene

AndreaStan

Need to book walks?

Unread post by AndreaStan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi,

We're first time visitors to KNP, landing 7th April.

We've got a bit of a tour booked in, and were wondering which (if any) tours we need to book (and pay for?) in advance?

Our plan is:
Wednesday 8th: Berg-en-dal: sunset drive & morning walk
Thursday 9th: Crocodile Bridge: Sunset / Night drive
Friday 10th: Satara: Night Drive / Sunrise Drive / Morning walk (2 out of these three)
Saturday 11th: Tsendze
Sunday 12th: Punda Maria: Sunset drive

We're camping on all of these rest camps, so it's going to be a bit of a mad trip, but this is what we love. :P

Any help about these and if we need to book would be great, or do we just book when we check in to the camps? We'd like to not be left out of any walks as we're touring and only spending one night at each place.

Thanks guys
:thumbs_up:

Elsa

Re: Booking advice for Activities

Unread post by Elsa » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Warm welcome to the forum AndreaStan! :clap:

Owing to the busy time of year I would advise that you book your drives/walks now.

Have a look at the Activities availability and see what is still availability for the dates your require and then send/phone reservations with your Res # details and get them to add it on.

Alternatively you will can just book when you arrive at the camps and take a chance that there is still place left.

ingefl

Unread post by ingefl » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:18 pm

In two months time we (party of 3 adults) are for the first time going to spend 10 nights in Kruger. This is also the first time in any game reserve whatsoever so it is quite exciting and we are very much looking forward to it. We have booked the following camps:

3 nights at Shingwedzi
3 Nights at Olifants
4 nights at Crocodile Bridge

Now we are looking into activities and after going through the relevant forum topics I am still left with a few questions:

1. What is a good balance between self drives and organized game drives?
2. Is it necessary to pre-book the game drives already now or is it wise to book a few (required ones) and book the rest when we arrive at the camps or the day before as some suggest?

We are in any case planning to pre-book a morning walk at each of the camps as well as the river walk at Olifants and possibly a bush braai if it can be organized.

--
Angela, Agnes and Inge

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:23 pm

Warm welcome to the forum ingefl! :clap:

It really depends on whether your trip falls into a busy period or not as to how important it is to pre book the drives/walks etc.
Some visitors like to prebook as a rule so as to make sure you get the ones you want.
Out of season it is much easier.

I would self drive during the day as nothing beats finding your own sightings, staying as long as like with it and also being able to choose the routes you want to drive.
Doing the conducted sunset/night/early morning drives allows you to be out in the park and see things you would not be able to do and see on your own.

Enjoy and I hope you have a wonderful and exciting trip. :thumbs_up:

Goggo EJ
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Goggo EJ » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:59 pm

Changing activities is not too difficult as long as the activity is happening..... eg if minimum 4 bookings are needed but you would be only 2 or 3. Or as long as there is still space on the activity you want to change to.

What is not easy is to swap if you have already missed the departure time. Or to get a refund on activities cancelled seems to be very difficult too as the camps do not seem to be able to refund money paid beforehand.

Perhaps email the camp or your booking agent for advice?
Smiling is contagious. Start an epidemic today!

Have you read the entrance permit? Do you KNOW the Conditions of Entry?

Completed over 7 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I was normal I wouldn't be me!

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Thanks EJ!

On that advice and especially if you want to be flexible with regards your activities I would book them once in the park.

crazyheike

How can a book a wilderness trail for Jan 2016?

Unread post by crazyheike » Sat May 09, 2015 6:45 am

Good morning,
we plan to go on a wilderness trail in January 2016. On the sanparks website I can see and book them only for 2015.
We don't want to miss this adventure and we also want to book a flight soon - so what to do?
Sanparks does not reply to my requests.

When can I see the dates for 2016?

Have a nice day
best regards
Heike

chirinda
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: How can a book a wilderness trail for Jan 2016?

Unread post by chirinda » Sat May 09, 2015 8:41 am

Hello Heike,

The only way you can find out about trails is to phone the SANParks office and speak to Bridget. The number is ++27 12 426 5111 and I think the office hours are 8 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday.

I recently booked a trail and had to phone her. She will be able to give you dates which are available and also prices, but you should have decided the approximate dates you require for your chosen trail so that you can be flexible if the first date you want is not available.

I would suggest you book the trail first and then work out your itinerary for the rest of your trip afterwards.

I think the trails start on a Wednesday and a Sunday and are for three nights.

If you are staying in Kruger both before and after the trail you will probably have to have two separate bookings for other camps, because there will be a break in your stay to cover the trail, as it is booked separately.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Elsa

Re: How can a book a wilderness trail for Jan 2016?

Unread post by Elsa » Sat May 09, 2015 12:28 pm

Warm welcome to the forum Heike!

I will try and find out more info for you re the calendar showing the dates for Jan next year, but might only be able to get the info on Monday.

You can also send a mail as opposed to phoning try mailing bridget.bagley@sanparks.org.

Return to “KNP Activities & Sightings”