Skip to Content

Olifants River Walk vs Morning Walk

Discuss activities available in the Kruger National Park, and follow all the sighting reports.
andyaxa

Olifants River Walk vs Morning Walk

Unread post by andyaxa » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello all!

I've been trying to research the difference between Olifants River and Morning Walks. All I can seem to find is the the Morning Walk leaves and hour or so before gate open and the River Walk leaves around 9ish when the Morning Walk returns. Are there any other differences between MW and RW?

Also, I noticed here https://www.sanparks.org/tourism/activi ... trails.php that walks are offered from Biyamiti, however, you can only presently book the Sunset Drive. (Late July) How does one arrange a walk from Biyamiti?

Thanks!!
KNP 2016- Shimuwini 23 July - Olifants 24, 25 July - Talamati 26,27,28 July - Biyamiti 29,30,31 July

Elsa

Re: Olifants River Walk vs Morning Walk

Unread post by Elsa » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:08 pm

Andy, have you had a look at the details Olifants River Walk and then the Info on Walks taken from camps
I would say the difference would be that the early morning walk might not necessarily be along the river like the dedicated river walk and could be where ever the guide thought it a good place at that particular time.

I know they do have guided walks from Biyamiti so perhaps contact them directly, either by e-mail or phone and make enquiries.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.
Kruger - 16th May - 3rd June 2016

Have you nominated someone in the Annual Forum Awards yet?

andyaxa

Unread post by andyaxa » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:25 pm

Thanks, Elsie!
I did have a look at those two links and it seems the RW is about 1 1/2 hrs, leaving around 09:30 and the MW is about 4 hours, leaving before gate opens. RW obviously follows the river and it sounds like they might drive you away from camp for the MW.
KNP 2016- Shimuwini 23 July - Olifants 24, 25 July - Talamati 26,27,28 July - Biyamiti 29,30,31 July

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:16 pm

They still drive you away from camp for the River Walk. We did ours from Balule a couple of times.

The river walk is lovely, and it is not as long as the morning walk. If this is your first walk in Kruger, the river walk is a good introduction.
Sawubona
Dalene

Return to “KNP Activities & Sightings”