Credit Card not registered for 3ds Website Booking

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

fdbotha

Credit Card not registered for 3ds Website Booking

Unread post by fdbotha »

On Friday I made last minute bookings via the website, no credit card payments accepted; page gives me a "Card not registered for 3ds" message. Main line to Sanparks goes unanswered, and when I dial the cell number on website for contact "get a message subscriber can not be reached"

This is a serious problem for non-SA visitors as we can't make and pay for last minute bookings. Can someone tell me what is going on?

How do I make payment, and even better, how do I register my CC with Sanparks for future payments?

BTW, I could use the same credit card five months ago successfully on the website.
ritad
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Credit Card not registered for 3ds Website Booking

Unread post by ritad »

Dear fdbotha,

we got this answer from the Tech Team back:

Most probably an Amex or Diners...non VISA or Mastercard that is not supporter for 3D secure security checks...therefore the response from the banking institution "card not registered for 3D secure". Unfortunately it requires additional support for non VISA/Mastercard cards, which supports the secure settings relevant to those cards. So quick fix, use a VISA or Mastercard or allow some time for payment gateway to add support for non VISA/Mastercard
Main line SANPARKS support would have no way to assist as this is a banking and payment system issue...only way around it is using supported cards like VISA or Mastercard...again the quick fix...alternatively wait for the support to be developed and build into payment gateway system
Also one cannot register a card with SANPARKS, SANPARKS do not store neither register card and card details for payment, that will go against PCI rules, the problem relates to card payment restrictions and support for security verification via payment gateway and the users bank. So the card and linked financial institution supported security measures must be supported by the payment gateway. So no registration of cards at SANPARKS which will make payment work...the user must please not share or email credit card details to SANPARKS.
fdbotha

Unread post by fdbotha »

Thanks for the suggestions. It is a VISA that is registered by VISA for 3ds, I checked with them. It is also not browser related as suggested by some.

I don't understand why the same card worked five months ago but now won't. It should be understandable that overseas clients, (and even SA citizens) cannot call the main line and be on hold for an extensive period of time (if the call even goes through). My call, after being on hold for a while, just keeps disconnecting.
Elsa

Unread post by Elsa »

My call, after being on hold for a while, just keeps disconnecting.
Were you trying to call the main Pretoria office?
I am really not sure why that is happening?
Perhaps try one of the Satellite Offices
Maybe the Jhb one and see if that's better and if they can help.
Take time each day to be with nature
Throwdown

Unread post by Throwdown »

I am having the same problem. I needed to pay a deposit due and continue to get the 'card not enrolled in 3ds error. It is a Chase Visa card. I've tried it on another browser also. I've emailed reservations, but have not gotten a reply. I've called my credit card company and they say there hasn't been a transaction submitted and that the card is 3ds enrolled. Hopefully I won't lose the reservation. I'll try and call after the holidays
August 2023 AGAIN!!!
Skukuza
Wolhuter Trail - Oh my.... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lower Sabie
Satara
BOULDERS!!!
Satara
Finishing up at my Beloved Tamboti :dance: :dance: :dance:
Throwdown

Unread post by Throwdown »

I continue to have payment rejections with the credit card not registered for 3ds bookings. It is a Visa, from Chase, so its a standard credit card that has 3ds security. My banks says the transactions are not making it to the bank, and I'm not getting the typical Visa Verification screen that usually pops up. This is a real problem as I can't book my trip! Any advice?
August 2023 AGAIN!!!
Skukuza
Wolhuter Trail - Oh my.... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lower Sabie
Satara
BOULDERS!!!
Satara
Finishing up at my Beloved Tamboti :dance: :dance: :dance:
Electro

Unread post by Electro »

Hello everyone,
I have the same problem with my credit cards when I am trying to make a payment to Sanparks via quick pay. I tried different credit cards and they are 3-D secure. My chase card worked 5 months ago and all previous years but for now. I phoned the Cape Town salellite office and apparently transactions from Europe and England are going through. Looks like us from the USA are having a problem, not sure what to do now...Please advice if any of you have an answer for me.
Really appreciate it and thank you.
Elsa

Unread post by Elsa »

Will try and assist you Electro.
Tdgraves

Unread post by Tdgraves »

Pleasantly surprised when paying my deposit today that it worked first time with my first card, so maybe they have fixed the teething issues?
KTP: Jan 2015, Sept 2016, Sept 2018, Jan 2020, Jan 2023, Sept 2024
KNP Jan 2013, Jan and Sept 2014, Jan 2016, 2017, 2018, Sept 2019, Jan 2022, Sept 2023, Jan 2024
Elsa

Unread post by Elsa »

Good news!
Thanks for letting us know tdgraves. :thumbs_up: