WildCard Magazine

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

HiltonP
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: WildCard Magazine

Unread post by HiltonP »

I am curious to see what sort of response you get from Wild Card.

I contacted them some time ago and received an automated message telling me to contact a SANParks official, which I duly did, but have received no response to date.

I was also informed that there was no longer an editor for WILD magazine, so I am not sure how an online (or printed) version of the magazine can be created without an editor?
micmic

Unread post by micmic »

So, it appears that currently we are two issues behind schedule: Autumn 2020 and Winter 2020 have never been published and it is safe to assume that these issues will be skipped. But we also don't know whether the magazine will resume at all, in either digital or printed form. And their facebook page is abandoned, too.
Melaka
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Melaka »

I miss the magazine. For those of us who live a continent away from Kruger it's an invaluable way of keeping in touch with wildlife.
Best wishes
David
Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by Crested Val »

micmic wrote:So, it appears that currently we are two issues behind schedule: Autumn 2020 and Winter 2020 have never been published and it is safe to assume that these issues will be skipped. But we also don't know whether the magazine will resume at all, in either digital or printed form. And their facebook page is abandoned, too.

Micmic "they" do say never assume!!! :lol:

Until we are out of Lockdown and back to normal we cannot say what will happen. :hmz:

We also don't know whether the missing editions will be printed and distributed or not, so let's wait and see what happens post Covid-19. :thumbs_up:
Missing my beloved Kruger!!!
Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by Crested Val »

For your information please be aware that Wild Card are not distributing their magazine for the forseeable future. :thumbs_up:
Missing my beloved Kruger!!!