Table Mountain NP: ANIMALS

Agulhas, Bontebok, Table Mountain, Tankwa Karoo, West Coast

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

Graham_5000
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Table Mountain NP: ANIMALS

Unread post by Graham_5000 »

Yes it would be interesting to find out more!

This forum is very quiet these days - I understand that trends are changing. Would SANParks prefer it if supporters and visitors engage more via social media, and less through the forum?

I have always loved the forum, the service the moderators provide, and the information that is available.
MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS »

Would SANParks prefer it if supporters and visitors engage more via social media, and less through the forum?

I don't think so, Graham_5000, the social media and the forum are valuable and yes, I love the forum too :D
aquila non capit muscas
DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird »

Graham_5000 wrote:This forum is very quiet these days - I understand that trends are changing. Would SANParks prefer it if supporters and visitors engage more via social media, and less through the forum?

I have always loved the forum, the service the moderators provide, and the information that is available.

Hi Graham

Trends are dictated by stakeholders; SANParks supports all their Social Media platforms. The forums have the advantage of being an excellent resource for keeping data which is easy to find and refer to, even many years later. On Facebook the info is 'gone' the next day, even in hours if it is a busy group. People seem to use Facebook more because it is easy to access and they access their friends, their own page etc, all in one app on the go on their mobiles. But it is also like a 'toilet role' and comments are soon hidden and not really read.

Also, the forums also have a data base of info from close to 14 years, so many people just need to read to find what they are looking for.
- Dalene
shfish

Unread post by shfish »

Having said this, Dinkybird, do you think we'll get some comment from TMNP re Graham-5000's post of 20 May?? :whistle:
Graham_5000
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Comment would be greatly appreciated, if possible.
Graham_5000
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

shfish wrote:I'm following this thread with interest. Thanks Graham_5000 (and Rob) for raising this matter.

I'm guessing that there isn't an answer to Rob's post shfish.

SANParks (an organisation I have a great amount of respect for, despite their lack of a plan regarding TMNP safety) have very active Facebook pages for some parks, but not for TMNP. I like how one can post a thread directly onto the Kruger or Karoo NP pages. TMNP seems to have blocked this though - one can only post visitor posts, which are not immediately visible when one visits the page. To find them, one has to click on the visitor posts tab. Such posts also don't appear in people's feeds, so there is very little discussion either here or on Facebook when it comes to one of SANParks flagship parks. This is a great shame.

If you visit the Kruger Facebook page, then the TMNP one, you will see what I mean. The former has posts, photos and questions by users actually on the main page, whilst the latter only has the occasional statement put out by TMNP, as one cannot post posts, photos, questions etc on the main page.
Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Hugh »

I suppose the Kruger app on Face book is very busy because everyone has heard of Kruger BUT very few people realise TMNP actually exists they talk about the mountain and mainly the cable car and the penguins and the point
I keep an eye on Trip advisor and most foreign folk think of Cape Town as the Mountain, Robben Island , the Penguins , the point , the winelands , Whales and Sharkcage diving and also Woodstock !!!!! But the table Mountain National park is seldom mentioned .Maybe we should do a bit of educating
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.
DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird »

Graham_5000 wrote:
shfish wrote:I'm following this thread with interest. Thanks Graham_5000 (and Rob) for raising this matter.

I'm guessing that there isn't an answer to Rob's post shfish.

SANParks (an organisation I have a great amount of respect for, despite their lack of a plan regarding TMNP safety) have very active Facebook pages for some parks, but not for TMNP. I like how one can post a thread directly onto the Kruger or Karoo NP pages. TMNP seems to have blocked this though - one can only post visitor posts, which are not immediately visible when one visits the page.

Graham, there are two TMNP Facebook platforms, a Page and a group - the group is called SANParks - Table Mountain National Park. There you can post directly to the group as for Kruger etc.
- Dalene
lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by lion queen »

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West
MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS »

Indeed WOW :clap: , thanks for sharing, LQ :gflower: !
aquila non capit muscas
manicwalker
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by manicwalker »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
What a fantastic sighting ....
Thanks LQ for sharing :thumbs_up:
Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Meandering Mouse »

Excellent. :D

Thank you.
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.
lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by lion queen »

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West