Wild Card Info for Covid-19 and the reopening of the parks

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Wild Card Info for Covid-19 and the reopening of the parks

Unread post by Crested Val »

As you know SANParks is now starting to reopen our parks which is wonderful news, but please be aware of the following factors.

1.Wild Cards must be active when arriving at the gate. (In normal times cards can be bought or renewed at some gates.
This is to minimise contact with the gate staff.

2.Due to the fact that the gate quotas have been reduced to a third of what they usually are, SANParks are recommending that we pre book to avoid being turned away.
Some visitors are under the misapprehension that if we possess a Wild Card we do not need to pay the pre booking fee.
Sadly this is not the case, as our Wild Cards merely allow us free entry without paying the daily conservation fee.
Pre booking is a completely different issue.

3.We are able to extend the validity of our Wild Cards due to the fact we have not been able to use them during Lockdown.
We can email [email protected] but please be aware that they are inubdated with requests and working with a skeleton staff at the moment, so we need to be patient.
If you do have no success here for any Wild Card issues, please send me a PM and I will assist you when the offices reopen.

4.Not Covid-related as such, but you might find the link useful to see whether buying a card will be cost effective for you.
https://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtop ... 5&t=105899
Missing my beloved Kruger!!!