First time at Ebb & Flow

Knysna, Tsitsikamma, Wilderness

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

johanclassen

Re: First time at Ebb & Flow

Unread post by johanclassen »

Tnx Matthys, that was a quick but great read, I like Kaapsedraai's style. Hope to do a trip report, for sure, but there will be a long drive from there as we are leaving Ebb and Flow on the 30th Nov for a guest farm near Britstown and then from there to a farm near Griekwastad then after a week there back to Pta and then from the 23rd Dec untill the 30th Dec we will be absorbing the heat in Lower Sabie. :D This perimeter booking fell in my lap as the other person had to pull out. :o
MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS »

A lovely long Parks holiday then 8) and
This perimeter booking fell in my lap as the other person had to pull out. :o
you are making me very :mrgreen: . Enjoy !
aquila non capit muscas
Albert
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Albert »

johanclassen wrote:Tnx Matthys, that was a quick but great read, I like Kaapsedraai's style. Hope to do a trip report, for sure, but there will be a long drive from there as we are leaving Ebb and Flow on the 30th Nov for a guest farm near Britstown and then from there to a farm near Griekwastad then after a week there back to Pta and then from the 23rd Dec untill the 30th Dec we will be absorbing the heat in Lower Sabie. :D This perimeter booking fell in my lap as the other person had to pull out. :o

Hi Johan,
I see you are at Ebb&Flow from the 14th to the 30th, this will overlap with my stay there (Nov 21 - 30). I was just there (last weekend, couldn't wait till November), and I can report that the Touw River mouth is still closed. This means that the estuary is quite full, and the levels of Island Lake/Langvlei and Rondevlei are probably also impacted. Also, the Swartvlei estuary at Sedgefield is also closed (and I mean closed, I have never seen that much sand between the ocean and the vlei!). Yet the level of Swartvlei is not particularly high, so I am assuming that the same applies to the others. I was at the Malachite bird hide, and the water was marginally higher than my during my visit in January. I guess with heavy rains inland things could change.
Latest lifers (572): Red Knot, Bar-tailed Godwit, Protea Canary, White-backed Duck, Namaqua Warbler, Yellow-throated Longclaw, Corn Crake, Buffy Pipit, Eurasian Hobby, Böhm's Spinetail, Green Sandpiper
johanclassen

Unread post by johanclassen »

Hi Albert, I am sorry for only responding now. Had to attend to some other matters and did not come near any
PC's.
Tnx for all the info on the current state of affairs at Ebb and Flow.
Well, I love the area so I will not let anything upset me, water or no water :) My cameras aint choosy :lol:
Hope to meet you there. :)
minettest

First time campers at Ebb & Flow

Unread post by minettest »

Good day We are thinking of booking at Ebb & Flow for December 2017. We are camping with a tent. I want to know which one do you choose the North or South camp and whats the difference between them? Will the kids be able to walk to the beach or will we have to take them everyday. Is the camp extremely busy over the Christmas time? Any advice of the camp would be much appreciated Thanks
:dance:

2019 Kruger here we come again

CAN ABSOLUTELY NOT WAIT!!! :lol:

26 March - 29 March Shingwedzi (never been)
30 March - 1st April Maroela (never been)
2nd April - 4th April Berg and Dal
Albert

Re: First time campers at Ebb & Flow

Unread post by Albert »

Hi Minettest;
You will probably find contrasting viewpoints, but I'd go for the North section every time; more trees and shade, and probably marginally less busy (but the camp will be very busy over Christmas-time). So North, fewer campers, more trees. As far as the beach is concerned; it depends what age the kids are. It is a significant walk to the beach and involves crossing the busy N2 as it passes through Wilderness. So I'd say it would involve transport to and from the beach every day.
My 2 cents...
Latest lifers (572): Red Knot, Bar-tailed Godwit, Protea Canary, White-backed Duck, Namaqua Warbler, Yellow-throated Longclaw, Corn Crake, Buffy Pipit, Eurasian Hobby, Böhm's Spinetail, Green Sandpiper