Website Community Choice Award - Kudu Awards 2016 - VOTE!

SANParks Competitions and Forum Awards
Poz

Re: Website Community Choice Award - Kudu Awards 2016 - nominations

Unread post by Poz »

Hippotragus wrote:I would like to nominate RODGERS HOBYANE at Tsendze Rustic Camp in Kruger National Park.

I have not stayed at Tsendze (yet) but did once meet Rodgers, when he spotted my yellow ribbon and came over to talk to me.

By all accounts, Rodgers runs a wonderful camp and makes all his visitors feel very welcome. Rodgers is active on the Forum, reporting interesting sightings and posting lovely photos. He is also very active on Face Book - posting some great photos of the birds and animals he sees around the area. This is very good Public Relations for SANParks.

He is passionate about his job and appreciates and loves the bush and all it contains.

I second the nomination of Rodgers, as on our last trip, he was the most impressive person working in the park with his passion to help everyone feel welcome and his knowledge of the birds and nesting sites. He even took time out at about 21h00 to show me around the camp, and my 3 in 1 walk... Scops, Barred and Pearl Owls in 45 minutes!! Next day, came running as he had seen the roosting spot of the Scops so I could show Alison. A definite stop for a few nights next trip, only because of him. :thumbs_up:
VHR in the making...... :thumbs_up:
lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Re: Website Community Choice Award - Kudu Awards 2016 - nominations

Unread post by lion queen »

I would like to nominate Jan Neels at Kalahari Tented Camp in Kgalagadi National Park.

Last year during our stay in the camp, we had 3 lions in camp the morning at gate open time. 2 of the lions decided the swimming pool is the place to be. Jan handled the situation extremely well. We as guests were warned in time to stay at our chalets and the way the lions were handled to get them away from the swimming pool, again showed me how passionate he is about his camp and conservation.

Jan runs a wonderful camp and makes all his visitors feel very welcome. Driving by each and every tent in the evening, after gate closing, to make sure all guests are in camp and they are settled for the evening.

He is a person who loves his job and you can see this reflected in the way he handles his daily routine.
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West
DinkyBird

Re: Website Community Choice Award - Kudu Awards 2016 - VOTING OPENS

Unread post by DinkyBird »

Dear Forum Members

Nominations have closed and the voting process has started.

Please follow these rules to vote:

Voting process:
1. All nominees will be placed on a 'ballot list' on the forums in alphabetical order. Ballot list here

2. Only registered SANParks Forum members who have registered on the SANParks forum on or before 5 July 2016 and have a minimum post count of 20 may vote.

3. Only one vote per forum member.

4. Votes will be cast by a process of emailing SANParks to [email protected] from the email address your user name on the forums is registered at. Subject heading 'WCCA 2016 vote' .

5. In the email state your forum username and the nominee you are voting for.
Voting will close at 13:00 CAT on 12 August 2016
- Dalene
DinkyBird

Re: Website Community Choice Award - Kudu Awards 2016 - VOTE!

SANParks have extended the deadline for Kudu Awards nominations, so we are also going to extend the deadline to vote for the WCCA until :

Voting will close at 13:00 CAT on 16 August 2016
- Dalene
hilda
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by hilda »

Noted, thanks Dalene. :thumbs_up:
"Like a sunflower, always turn toward the light." Eleanor Brown.
DinkyBird

Voting has closed and will be audited by the Kudu Award committee; and we wait for the glittering event to learn who won.
- Dalene