SANParks calls for participation in Emerging Tuskers Project

Tell us what we can do better, need to clear the air, voice your concern or provide feedback about the forum
Highbury

Re: SANParks calls for participation in Emerging Tuskers Pro

Unread post by Highbury »

I agree with the sentiments expressed above , and would also prefer the thread left as is .
arks
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by arks »

I also agree with anne-marie, highbury (and others) -- but with one proviso: I would not mind if contributions of mine were COPIED into the new threads, but I want them to also be left in the exisiting tuskers thread, so that the discussions therein remain, as they are "historically" relevant.

So while you may COPY my contributions elsewhere, you may NOT remove them from the original Tuskers thread.
RSA 2022-2023
16 November-9 February Cape Town & Darling
barryels
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by barryels »

arks wrote:I also agree with anne-marie, highbury (and others) -- but with one proviso: I would not mind if contributions of mine were COPIED into the new threads, but I want them to also be left in the exisiting tuskers thread, so that the discussions therein remain, as they are "historically" relevant.

So while you may COPY my contributions elsewhere, you may NOT remove them from the original Tuskers thread.

Thank you for permitting your information to be included into the new threads :thumbs_up: .

The information will only be transferred (copied) with effect from 12 April 2014 when the D-date of replies expired.

I don't think that mention was ever made of the fact that any narration or photos will be removed from the "Big Tuskers" thread :hmz: .

The above will only happen when 'mites themselves change the link to their photos which will result in the "Historical" value of the thread to become null and void.
Always be humble and never think you are better than anyone else...
For dust you are; and into dust you shall return
arks

Unread post by arks »

barryels wrote:I don't think that mention was ever made of the fact that any narration or photos will be removed from the "Big Tuskers" thread :hmz: .

While I'm not sure of the exact wording of the post(s) indicating that the information from the 'historical' big tuskers thread would be 'incorporated' into the new threads, I was obviously not alone in 'interpreting' the posts as that the information from the 'old' thread would be 'moved' to the new thread -- and removed from the old thread.

So I think that there is some confusion here and I'm glad that you have clarified that, barry. So long as the existing (now historical) big tuskers thread remains intact, I have no problem with my posts/information therein being copied into the new, individual tusker, threads -- properly credited of course. :wink:

Perhaps a note might also be added at the beginning and at the end of the 'historical' big tusker thread indicating that the activity/information regarding tuskers is now being coordinated by SANParks and that there is now a whole separate forum dedicated to the tuskers.
RSA 2022-2023
16 November-9 February Cape Town & Darling
Sharifa

Unread post by Sharifa »

ReyT wrote:
Please do call my office on 012 426 5170 my mobile 073 373 4999 or on e-mail for an appointment. I will avail time for you.

Please lets agree on a date and hopefully all issues will be ironed out.

Thank you once again.

Reynold "Rey" Thakhuli
Acting Head of Communications
Tel: 012 426 5170 / 0733734999
e-mail: [email protected]

Dear ReyT,

Thank you for making the time to see us and also thank you to Nedret, DinkyBird and Gabrielle for the constructive meeting we had.

Sincerely
Sharifa.