Skip to Content

Under the Ubuntu Tree 2011 -2014

A place to share our common humanity, a place where you know you're not alone, a place to recognize and congratulate one another.
DinkyBird

Re: First time in Augrabies

Unread post by DinkyBird » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback Guinea Pig. I am sure SANParks will appreciate you (if not already done) submitting your comments via the links provided here - link
Sawubona
Dalene

DinkyBird

Re: Shake Rattle 'n Roll!

Unread post by DinkyBird » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Sawubona
Dalene

Pjw
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Crocodile Bridge Rest Camp

Unread post by Pjw » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:30 pm

I would like to compliment the Camp manager at this camp. She really cares about the camp . It was clean, neat and well maintained when we were there on 23+23 December. I cant spell her name, but the camp manageress and the front office manager (Vusi) are doing an excellent job :clap: :clap: :clap:
"In the end we conserve only that which we love, we love only that which we understand, we understand only that which we are taught"
(Baba Dioum, Senegalese Ecologist)

normana53
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Amazing Guides

Unread post by normana53 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 pm

During our stay at Kruger in November, we had the true pleasure of meeting a number of amazing Guides while participating in Game drives and bush walks. We have generally had good experiences while participating in game drives, but three of our Guides on this Kruger trip were outstanding.
Amos was our guide for a Sunset Drive, a night drive, and a Bush Walk during our stay at Mopani. He was amazing, and was very informative. During the evening drive and our Bush Walk we had the good fortune to be the only guests, and were able to get more in depth information and personal stories from Amos. He is a great guide and a true credit to SanParks.
When we arrived at Shingwedzi, we had the good fortune to go on 3 game drives with Shadrack. On one of the drives we were again fortunate to be the only guests, and felt like we got extra special service and information. When we arrived for our Bush walk at Shingwedzi, we were surprised to find that Amos would again be our guide for the Bush Walk. He had driven up from Mopani, and was accompanied by Jacob. We were very happy to see him, and we knew we were in for a great walk. Jacob turned out to be great too, with funny stories about the bush and growing up in a rural area. We especially liked stories about them playing with Shongololo and having their lips turn bright red, and Amos told the story that as a child his parents always told them that they should always come home in the evening before they could smell the potato bush, because that was the smell of the Ghosts cooking potatoes and the ghost would soon be looking for meat to cook with his potatoes.What a great memory and we feel lucky that Amos and Jacob shared their stories with us.
Kruger is very lucky to have Guides like Amos, Jacob and Shadrack they are one of the Reasons that Kruger is such a great place.
Dreaming of our next SANParks adventure
Do Justice, Love Kindness and Walk Humbly

hilda
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)
FAC Member (2014)

Re: Amazing Guides

Unread post by hilda » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:12 am

Wonderful to read such positive feedback! Thanks Normana53 and Torticat for giving acknowledgement where it is deserved! :clap: :clap:
The secret of life is not to do what you like, but to like what you do. - Unknown.

FORUMITES, have you read this announcement? If not, please do and participate! Annual Forum Awards 2016

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Re: Amazing Guides

Unread post by RosemaryH » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 am

Hi normana53

Thanks for posting and sharing your wonderful time in Kruger :thumbs_up: I shall pass your comments, thanks and appreciation on.

Amos, Jacob and Shadrack :clap: :clap: :clap: Well Done and Thank You :thumbs_up: Keep the compliments rolling in :D :D

Love the story of the Potato Bush :lol: :lol:

ngwenya

Re: Crocodile Bridge Rest Camp

Unread post by ngwenya » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Pjw wrote:I would like to compliment the Camp manager at this camp. She really cares about the camp . It was clean, neat and well maintained when we were there on 23+23 December. I cant spell her name, but the camp manageress and the front office manager (Vusi) are doing an excellent job :clap: :clap: :clap:

The entire gate staff are also exceptional! always with a smile even at the end of a long day. Over the Christmas season they showed a lot of initiative to ensure that visitors did not have to wait unduly even when the system was off line! :D :D

rufie

Sanparks Reception Staff!!

Unread post by rufie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:08 pm

Hallo there!!

Just want to say Welldone to Sanparks in the Kruger park for there well trained and helpfull reception Staff!!

rufie

Welldone All Kruger Reception Staff

Unread post by rufie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Hallo there!!

Only want to say thanks to Shingwedzi,Letaba and Satara Reception staff on there very helpfull attitute!! Welldone

hilda
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)
FAC Member (2014)

Re: Sanparks Reception Staff!!

Unread post by hilda » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:30 am

So nice to read some positive feedback as well! Well done rufie! :thumbs_up:
The secret of life is not to do what you like, but to like what you do. - Unknown.

FORUMITES, have you read this announcement? If not, please do and participate! Annual Forum Awards 2016

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by lion queen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:34 am

Brings a smile to my face..............well done!!! :thumbs_up:
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Re: Welldone All Kruger Reception Staff

Unread post by RosemaryH » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:33 am

Hello rufie :D Thanks for taking the time to pay a compliment.

Much appreciated - will pass this on :thumbs_up:

Well Done Shingwedzi,Letaba and Satara Reception staff :clap: :clap: :clap:

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Re: Crocodile Bridge Rest Camp

Unread post by RosemaryH » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:37 am

I too always find the staff at Croc Bridge to be extremely friendly and willing to help :thumbs_up:

Thanks for the comments Pjw & ngwenya :D - I will pass them on.

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by RosemaryH » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi rufie thanks for posting :thumbs_up:

I love hearing comments like these - makes me smile too lion queen :) :)

I will pass your comments on.

ndloti
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Titus - manager at Balule

Unread post by ndloti » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:32 am

Titus as well as the hutted section attendant continue to impress me .
KNP is sacred. I am opposed to the modernisation of Kruger and from the depths of my soul long for the Kruger of yesteryear! 1000+km on foot in KNP incl 56 wild trails.200+ nights in the wildernessndloti-indigenous name for serval.

Return to “Under the Ubuntu Tree”