Skip to Content

Re: Bookings - info - advice & Feedback

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
Weltenman
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Moving Camp - how to check in/out between them?

Unread post by Weltenman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:50 am

When you arrive at the gate in Kruger you receive a entry permit.
You then check in at every camp where you have a booking for the night or nights.
If you have a booking for a different camp the next night you don't have to check out.
You only have to drop the keys in the box at the gate when you leave on the date of your departure.
You then check in at the reception of the camp of your next booked accommodation.
We received our exit permit for the gate automatically at our last camp where we checked in on our last visit. This permit will have the details of you planned exit date for the gate staff when you exit.
You can exit at any gate as long as it is within the exit times stated in the rules of the Park.

Hope that makes sense.. :D
Study the past, if you would divine the future.
Confucius

arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Reservations with Sanparkfor kruger NP

Unread post by arks » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:20 am

You can easily email central reservations — click on 'request accommodation' on the home page and that gets you to a page with email address, phone numbers and such.
They will send you a form that you can fill in and send back to them.
You can get this form in PDF format or as a Word document.
You will need the Word version if you want to return it by email (the PDF you have to print out, fill in and fax).

While this is not as "instant" as using the online booking system, once you've made your booking, you have a month before you must pay the 1/3 deposit and then the balance is due a month before the first date of your booking.
There are also forms for paying the deposit and the balance, I think that central reservations will send all of these to you.

What I do is keep a blank copy of both the reservation form and the payment form on my computer and then fill it in and save it separately each time I make a reservation.
I use these documents in Word format.
Sometimes reservations maintains that they only have the PDF forms (not true, but not all the reservations agents seem to know this), so if you need/prefer the Word forms and have a problem with getting them, you can send me a PM with your email address and I can send you copies.
RSA 2016
4,5 April Melville
6-19 April KNP: Croc Bridge, Olifants, Shingwedzi, Pafuri Border
20-24 April Mapungubwe: Leokwe
25 April-28 May Darling
29 May-19 June Cape Town
21 September-21 November Darling

christinec

One reservation, parties arriving at different times/gates

Unread post by christinec » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:10 pm

We have booked 7 rondavels at Skukuza for a family get together. People will arrive at differrent times and enter through differernt gates. Will that work if each party has a copy of the booking confirmation letter?

vinkie
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Location: Living in The Netherlands but raised in South Africa

Re: Conservation fees

Unread post by vinkie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:50 am

kallis1786 wrote:Hi Everyone

This seems like a silly question especially because I visit the Park very often and am a wild card member. I have a trip booked for June and will be going for 8 days(7 nights). I am going with a friend who is not a Wild Card member and he was asking if we have to pay our conservation fees per day, or just once of payment when we enter like we pay when we go for a day visit. Hope my question makes sense.

You can include the conservation fees in your online booking/reservation, or pay them when you enter the park.....hope this answers your question :?
Live life on the edge but be careful not to fall off! :wink:

Our 2013 Trip Report: Vinkie and Apex Predator back in the bushveld

:dance: Planning our 2018 trip to Kruger National Park or Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park :dance:

Elsa

Re: Online Booking of Night Drives etc ...

Unread post by Elsa » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:07 pm

dazzavv wrote:Can anyone tell me if you can book night drives etc online - can you perhaps add it on to an itinerary?
Yes, you can add any extra activities to your itinerary on line, just quote your reservation and client number. :D
Enjoy your trip. :D

kaizer

Re: Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Unread post by kaizer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:14 am

Wow! Thanks so much for all the replies.
This is truly a nice forum filled with good people.
It must have something to do with Kruger being such a magnificent place.

I now have another question, and I have been unable to find a thorough answer on the website.
When a reservation is made many months in advance, is full payment made at that time, or partial payment?
Does it depend on the manner in which the reservation is made (phone or website or email, etc.)?
I have seen references to full payment, but also references to partial payment with the balance due at least 30 days prior to the reserved date.
I'm trying to work out my budget and how much I will need to pay upfront and later.
Any advice you can give (or any links to the webpages I may have missed) will be much appreciated!

arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by arks » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:08 am

Hi kaizer and Welcome!

If you use the online booking method, you must pay in full at the time that you book.
However, if you send an email to central reservations for your booking, you must pay a deposit (1/3 of booking) within 30 days after you place your reservation.
The balance (2/3) then will be due a month before the date of your first night in the park.
For me, this is the easiest method and has never been a problem (phone calls and faxes from the USA to the RSA are IMO prohibitively expensive — and for a phone call you also have to factor in the 6 hours or more time difference).

If you first email central reservations and ask for their booking form (in WORD format, otherwise they will send you a PDF, which can't be filled in and emailed back), they will send it to you.
(Some agents don't seem to know that there is a WORD version of this form, so if you have a problem getting it, send me a PM with your email and I'll email it to you — I don't think that I can send it via PM).
There is also a WORD form for making you payments by CC, so you should ask for that as well.

I've been making my reservations and CC payments by email since 2000 with no problems.
While the online booking may be easy, I'm not willing to make such large payments so far in advance :wink:
RSA 2016
4,5 April Melville
6-19 April KNP: Croc Bridge, Olifants, Shingwedzi, Pafuri Border
20-24 April Mapungubwe: Leokwe
25 April-28 May Darling
29 May-19 June Cape Town
21 September-21 November Darling

saraf

Unread post by saraf » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:55 am

There isn't actually a need to fill in the payment form and email it any more, you can use the online system to pay your deposit and final balance as well.

When you get your email confirmation you will have a Client Code and a Reservation code.
Either one will give you online access to your reservation and you can then make whatever payment is due.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

DinkyBird

Re: Changing a reservation

Unread post by DinkyBird » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Here are all the booking rules: link

Deposit:
· Reservations made 365 days in advance pay 33% within 30 days of making the
booking.
· Balance (67%) is payable 30 days before arrival.
· Reservations made to 32 to 66 days in advance pay 100% 30 days before arrival.
· Reservations made within 31 days pay 100% within 5 days of making the reservation.
· Reservations made within 5 days of arrival are to be paid within 24 hours.

Cancellations:
· Percentage is calculated on the client’s total reservation cost payable.
· Cancel within 30 to 15 days before arrival - 25%.
· Cancel within 14 to 7 days before arrival – 50%.
· Cancel within 6 days and less – 100%.

Modifications:
· For downgrading of a reservation when a deposit has been paid, percentage is
calculated on the difference:
· Modify within 30 to 15 days before arrival – 25%.
· Modify within 14 to 7 days before arrival – 50%.
· Modify within 6 days and less – 100%.
· When modifying the arrival date to an earlier date, no modification fees will be
charged, unless the total cost is decreased and the arrival date before the
modification fell inside the 30-day period.
- Dalene

saraf

Re: Booking at SANParks

Unread post by saraf » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:17 pm

There is a series of video tutorials on how to use the online booking system that may provide some answers. The can be found here.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by Crested Val » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:44 pm

The usual way it happens is:=

1.Make booking and receive Deposit Request Letter for first deposit.
2.Pay first deposit and receive another Deposit Request Letter with altered amount, showing first deposit paid, and how much and when the last deposit is due.
3.Pay last deposit when due and receive Confirmation Letter that shows a zero balance.

Hope that helps. :thumbs_up:
I long each day for my beloved Kruger!!!! :thumbs_up:

Graham_5000
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: fast track way to book accomodation

Unread post by Graham_5000 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:49 am

Mgoddard wrote:Tim Welcome to the Forum...just remember, when you book online as suggested above you have to pay the full amount upfront....I would suggest you look to see whats available and make a booking online (for 2 or 3 nights), pay for it and then login to your booking and you can make changes etc as you please...!!! They do not charge you to make changes so far in advance..only 1 month in advance stop making changes, and the changes you make can be paid as per your updated booking :D :D

It is also cheaper to book online and pay upfront.

cgo111

Unread post by cgo111 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:17 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have a question regarding bookings:

I would like to make a booking for a wilderness trail, and I am not opposed to doing it through the online booking system. However, I would like clarification regarding refunds the refunds policy, because my travel plans are not absolutely finalized.

If I were to cancel a booking with more than 30 days advance notice, would I get a full refund? I see rules spelled out for 30-15 days before reservation, etc., so am I correct in assuming a full refund if cancelled with more than 30 days advance notice?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:39 am

Hi cgo111 and a warm welcome to the forum! :clap:

I would read it as more than 30 days = full refund as well. :thumbs_up:

Elsa

Re: Checking for accommodation availability updates?

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:25 am

Found this on the Availability page

Please Note:
Availability information is updated real-time (unless interrupted by technical difficulties) between our reservation system and this website. As reservations are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis, we cannot guarantee that accommodation you see as available now will still be available when you make a reservation.

Just yesterday I moved one of my bookings to a later date and when I checked, noticed that it had changed accordingly on the availability.

Hope that helps

Return to “Kruger National Park”