Skip to Content

Boulders Bush Lodge

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
leelee

Re: Problems in Boulders - Kruger

Unread postby leelee » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm

At Boulders the vehicles are parked underneath the entertainment area. From there you walk up a few stairs 'into' the camp area (has a gate at the top of the stairs). The entertainment area and the bedrooms are all on the same level, connected via fenced walkways 6 feet + above the ground. The braai area is 'outside' on a koppie and not fenced in, the rest of the camp is elevated so no need for a fence.
All the hiking trail camps are fenced, except for the Olifants Back Pack Trail - for obvious reasons.
God, please bless our wilderness!

STOP HOTEL DEVELOPMENT IN KRUGER!!

"We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right" -Nelson Mandela.

Nkulu
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Boulders Bush Lodge

Unread postby Nkulu » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:56 am

We were there in early May this year and it was lovely, would definitely go there again. There was no problem charging batteries, cellphones etc, the only minor problem was a slight lack of warm water in the showers, which has since been attended to
Nkulu

I am a free spirit...Either admire me from the ground. Or fly with me...But don't ever try to cage me

Skukuza cricket 3-5 March
Lower Sabie 6-7 March

Nkulu
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Nkulu » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:11 am

Good Morning allane, the boardwalks are enclosed and well lit and we walked them all night long :D
You are going to have a lovely time, the staff are excellent and the venue brilliant - enjoy!

Tom124 :thumbs_up:
Now that's a thought, do you think they would let me stay in KNP permanently :hmz:
Nkulu

I am a free spirit...Either admire me from the ground. Or fly with me...But don't ever try to cage me

Skukuza cricket 3-5 March
Lower Sabie 6-7 March

Schoemanskloof

Unread postby Schoemanskloof » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Some pics from our 4-day stay at Boulders in September 2011.

Bush Fan

Unread postby Bush Fan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Have just come back from two nights at Boulders. The camp is magnificent :D - a very different type of experience in the KNP for me! Game scarcer in the area than many other areas in the park. However we had herds of Elephant regularly visiting the water hole, regular resident Genet visiting, Klipspringer. Within a 20 Km radius saw impala, giraffe, buffalo, zebra, hartebees and a Sharps Grysbok!
Overall fantastic experience :dance: :D

Stephens.L
Guru
Guru

Re: Information Required about Boulders Bush Camp

Unread postby Stephens.L » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:36 am

andrewg wrote:I am thinking of booking Boulders Bush Camp for a few nights next year and will be taking my son's family from Australia. one thing he remembers from when he lived here was spending evenings in the bush around a wood fire. as the entire Boulders camp is elevated can anyone tell me if there is a facility for a 'lapa' style fire? i see that all is said on the SAN Parks web site is that gas facilities are provided for a braai.

Dear Andrew

Please note that Boulders Bush Camp has a braai area (fenced) similar to the one at Shipandane Hide or Bomma area at Skukuza restaurant. Even though gas facilities are available you can still make fire using wood or charcoal.
Regards

Stephens Ledwaba
Communications and Marketing Department
Kruger National Park
+27 (0)13 735 4116
stephens.ledwaba@sanparks.org

Imberbe
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: Information Required about Boulders Bush Camp

Unread postby Imberbe » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Boulders has quite a nice braai area.

It is built in to the rocks.

It is not quite the rustic style, but will still be a nice experience.

I borrowed this photo from the thread previously indicated.

http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/liamr ... 3.jpg.html

Imberbe = Combretum imberbe = Leadwood = Hardekool = The spirit of the Wildernis!

Want to know more about the SANParks Honorary Rangers? Visit www.sanparksvolunteers.org

One positive deed is worth more than a thousand critical words.

Mike1234

Guided walks at Boulders

Unread postby Mike1234 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:54 am

Is it possible to arrange for a guided walk whilst staying at Boulders camp? If so how do I go about it.
Thanks

Stephens.L
Guru
Guru

Re: Guided walks at Boulders

Unread postby Stephens.L » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Dear Mike

Please note that it is possible to book for a guided walk while staying at Boulders. If there is a group of people staying at Boulders, a special arrangement can be made. If there are only individuals, we normally combine them with guests staying at Mopani Camp. Please note that all the bookings are done at Mopani Camp.
Regards

Stephens Ledwaba
Communications and Marketing Department
Kruger National Park
+27 (0)13 735 4116
stephens.ledwaba@sanparks.org

pamelajane

Unread postby pamelajane » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:37 pm

Has anyone been to Boulders lately? Are there any good drives from camp -I know it is mainly Mopani bushveld which is generally unproductive but perhaps someone has some ideas for me. Otherwise we can always relax in camp and hope for some interesting passers by :cam:

SJK

Unread postby SJK » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:30 am

Hi pamelajane ...

We stayed at Boulders last June. While we loved the camp (the private water hole with daily visits from the Ellies were most memorable ... followed closely by the nightly visits from the resident spotted genet while tending the braai), to be honest, the drives into and out of camp were typically pretty quiet. For us at least, nothing more than general game (giraffe, zebra, etc.). I do recall seeing my only purple roller of the trip along these dirt roads, but that is the only lasting memory.

Nevertheless, the camp itself is worth the quieter rides in. Have a great visit.

pamelajane

Unread postby pamelajane » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:20 am

Just to let you know we loved our visit to Boulders in May this year and were very impressed with the upgrade of the furnishings. As SJK said the drives were not good game wise but we had a herd of buff at the waterhole to greet us and the views and sunsets were beautiful. I will post some photos on the accommodation thread :cam:

wilmaw

Unread postby wilmaw » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Do you think Boulders is suitable for children aged 4, 6 and 9? Or is it too confined on the raised area / they can't run around on the grass as it is not fenced?

Thanks

RhymeZA

Unread postby RhymeZA » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:38 am

Hi Wilmav,

whilst we don't have kids that age we did have a couple of 2-year old's at Boulders last year without issues. In fact it felt safer having them run around on the raised platforms to and from the chalets. The communal area is quite spacious too.

It will depend on the on the kids, but I'm sure it will be alright. Mopani is not too far either.

Regards
Rudolph
Dec 2014 - Karoo & Mokala
June 2015 - Orpen & Biyamiti
? 2015 - Kgalagadi

Mant

Boulders Bush Camp

Unread postby Mant » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi,

We want to go to Boulders Bush Camp in March and I just wanted to know if it is dangerous for children. There is a 7, 8 and 10 year old in our family.

Thanks,

Samantha

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”