Skip to Content

Links to Websites

Tell us what we can do better, need to clear the air, voice your concern or provide feedback about the forum
Yoda
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Links to Websites

Unread post by Yoda » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:41 am

Hi Mods,

Just an idea.

Can there be a section on the Forum where members can post links to external websites that are connected to wildlife and conservation in SA. Perhaps in the book section?

For eg, I saw elswhere on the Forum, someone posted a link to biodiversity.org. But I think this link will get lost in the volume of postings pretty quickly.

Thanks
Yoda

saraf
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: Links to Websites

Unread post by saraf » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks for the link and the idea Yoda. A post will be set up in Bookshelf and I'll move your post with the link there.

But anyone posting links must bear in mind the relevant rules that govern the use of this forum, in particular the following:

1. This is a website dedicated to Nature Conservation and travel, in the South African National Parks. All postings must relate to this purpose.
2. Your posting should make a positive or constructive contribution to SANParks, the SANParks Forums, its visitors and potential park visitors.
16. No advertising is allowed in any of the forums or via PM.
18. Only causes that are endorsed and supported by the SANParks' Forum Management may be promoted. Any fundraising initiatives need to be directed to the Virtual Honorary Rangers (VHR@SANParks.org) - the only legally recognized body to conduct such projects on the SANParks Forums.

The last is particularly important when posting links to charities and Non-governmental organisations. The Mods have no real way of knowing or easily finding out if SANParks endorses their policies or not.

The Moderators will remove links they feel are in breach of the rules.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

Yoda
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Links to Websites

Unread post by Yoda » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:28 am

saraf,

Thanks for taking my idea on board! :thumbs_up:

Hopefully the other mites will post some links to some other websites where we can all share wildlife and conservation knowledge.

Return to “Chill Room ”