Skip to Content

Credit balance and refunds on reservations

Find information and FAQ's not related to the parks, like Health & Safety, 4x4 etc.
DinkyBird

Re: How to change online booking

Unread post by DinkyBird » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am

Have you tried email kavita? It is a quieter time of the month so you should get a reply within a day.

reservations@sanparks.org
- Dalene

joshwolf

Help with cancellation/modification with sanparks

Unread post by joshwolf » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi I accidentally booked one of the luxury lodges not realizing just how expensive it would be. I haven't had any lunch reaching anyone via email and the phone number just tells me to handle my reservation online. When I log in online, it says I need to call because the reservation isn't visible online. The reservation is 3 months away and I only made it 2 days ago, so I'm hoping for a full refund, but the cancellation policy is unclear. Does anyone have any advice on how to expedite this?

Thanks!

DinkyBird

Re: Help with cancellation/modification with sanparks

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi joshwolf

Is the luxury lodge a SANParks accommodation? Or a concession?

When you made the reservation, did you pay a deposit at all?
- Dalene

joshwolf

Unread post by joshwolf » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:13 pm

It's a SanParks accomodation (the Rhino Post Safari Lodge). I've sent emails to the reservations and webreservations emails with no luck. Nobody picks up any of the phone lines available. I paid in full online.

Thanks so much for your help!

stevenjm

Re: Online booking: getting a refund for conservation fees

Unread post by stevenjm » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:32 am

arthas wrote:Hello all!

When I booked accommodation at Kruger and Addo a month ago or so, I was in a bit of a hurry because perimeter accommodation was selling out. :-) So, I directly booked and paid the conservation fees.

Now that I am a bit more relaxed I studies the wild card system, and an International Wild Card would be convenient for my trip.

So, the question is, if I remove the conservation fees from my online booking, do I get a credit card refund for them (bookings are for May 2015)? I know that one can get a refund for accommodation, but I'm unsure about conservation fees...

Based on this I can decide whether to purchase the wild card or not. I mean, I can survive the extra cost of not having one (doesn't seem that steep), but if I can go with the wild card... then it'll be better. :-)

Thanks,
Michele.

Hi there Michele,

If you amend your reservation to remove the conservation fees in favour of having a wild card - you will be refunded your balance, or choose to keep it within the system for your next booking.

You will however, have to have your wild card or your wild card confirmation letter on hand when arriving at the gate, failure to have that will force you to re-pay the conservation fees or purchase a wild card there.

Thanks

Birgitta

Unread post by Birgitta » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:00 pm

Please note that the Rhino Post Safari Lodge is not a Sanparks accomodation but an Isbindi Africa Lodge and as such I do not think it should be discussed here. The lodge is located in a private concession of KNP.

Your reservation can not be with SANPARKS and any cancellation must be done at the correct company/office.

Hope you sort it out and get a great trip to KNP.

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi Birgitta, it is a concession in the KNP, and one is able to making a booking to stay there via SANParks Online Booking so it is on topic for these forums :D Because of SANParks' partnership with the concessions in the parks, we do allow discussions on the forums.

You will see they are listed on the SANParks website :thumbs_up:
- Dalene

cruisa

How to apply a credit to a new booking?

Unread post by cruisa » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Hello!
Does anybody know what the usual workflow is for that? I tried to contact the reservations team, received obvious wrong information and now I'm waiting for several days and don't get any answers to my new email.
Thank you for your help!
Looking forward to KTP - Sep 2017

suebfly

Re: How to apply a credit to a new booking?

Unread post by suebfly » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:17 pm

Hi Cruisa

I am not sure why you have had a problem. I have done it a few times. Your account should reflect a credit balance and the minute you make a new booking the credit should be offset so that you can pay the balance when necessary. Try contacting them again - maybe a different office - they all work on the same (usually) very efficient computer system

cruisa

Unread post by cruisa » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi suebfly,
thanks for your posts. As I'm based in Germany I prefer to send an email.
I expected the workflow as you described it but maybe there is a difference between online bookings and phone bookings? At least there was no credit shown when I made a new online booking.
Via email I received the info that I should pay the deposit less the credit online first and then they can apply the credit. However, the online payment functionality does not allow a partial payment.
I still have time until the end of the month to get this solved, just want to know if I'm doing something wrong?
Looking forward to KTP - Sep 2017

AFRICAT
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by AFRICAT » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:01 pm

This is what has always worked for me : You can email <reservationrefund@sanparks.org> and request your credit be applied to your outstanding balance. Give them the Reservation # of the credit as well as the Reservation # you wish it applied towards.

It only takes a day or so (depending where the weekend falls), then you can pay the balance through regular channels.

The reservation email dept. is different from Finance, and cannot handle refunds/credits. Hope this helps.

Merlin11
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Credit held on my account?

Unread post by Merlin11 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi, following our recent stay at Satara and the issues we had we were given a refund of one nights accommodation. Now, I don't actually want the refund but plan on using it hopefully on a return visit in 2016 :D
But I would like to actually see that the Camp Manager followed through on what he said and see the credit on my account, is there some way I can see online if the credit is on our account?

Thank you :thumbs_up:

tusk

Re: Credit held on my account?

Unread post by tusk » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:21 am

Hi Merlin

E mail them at reservationrefund@sanparks.org

We had a credit from a previous trip. The credit is attached to that reservation number. If you are making changes to a reservation then the credit applies no problem but if you book for another time then you will get a new reservation number and if you are booking online the computer is not aware of your credit. Perhaps if you book via the telephone you can get it straight.

I found it easier to ask for a refund. They will credit my card on their next credit run which happens twice a month.

Happened once before and they missed the credit run so I had to remind them but it was done no problem.

Good luck

Festerym

Reservation problems at Kruger

Unread post by Festerym » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:32 am

Made initial reservations then had to cancel and rebook. The computer crashed just after I cancelled the reservations and the system acknowledged the cancelation with no penalty but did not create a credit. When I booked the new accomodation 2 hours later, I had to pay in full because the credit was not there. Then I tried to go into the confirmed reservations and add activities but it always sent me to new reservations where they told me to go back to existing reservations. I sent an email to reservations a week ago explaining the problem and asking for help but have received no reply. Could someone please tell me who else I can email (not phoning from Canada) or what I have done wrong. Thank you, Donna

Festerym

Re: Reservation problems at Kruger

Unread post by Festerym » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:26 am

Sara,
Thanks for the email address. Even though I couldn't see it, the credit was assigned to my id. Unfortunately, Sanparks is not currently set up for me to access the credit online. i need to send requests to Sanparks to get them to apply the credit. It was never explained why I can not add activities to booked nights, but since I have to book the activities by email to use the credit, it's a mute point.
Donna

Return to “Advice needed (Not Park Specific) ”