Skip to Content

Online Reservation Questions

Find information and FAQ's not related to the parks, like Health & Safety, 4x4 etc.
kite
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Booking Activities online

Unread post by kite » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Has anyone done this?
I had a look at booking a drive at Lower Sabie and it didn't look functional to me.

Afriphile

Re: Booking Activities online

Unread post by Afriphile » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi,Kite,
As far as I am aware the online only shows availability and to book you need to phone or email.
This is what we have done,especially for bush camps,where they use a smaller vehicle and therefore the possibility of being full is greater.

JeanniR
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by JeanniR » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi Kite

I made a booking online for a Sunset Drive at Orpen the other day, you check what is available, make the booking and then pay with you credit card. It was very easy!
Such is the human race, often it seems a pity that Noah... didn't miss the boat.
Mark Twain

Want to learn something new? Take part in our Quizzes

JeanniR
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by JeanniR » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Just to add to my above post... SANParks will email the reservation letter showing the added activity to you directly after payment. :thumbs_up:
Such is the human race, often it seems a pity that Noah... didn't miss the boat.
Mark Twain

Want to learn something new? Take part in our Quizzes

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:27 pm

You are suppose to be able to book activities online :thumbs_up: So if anyone is having issues, please report them here so we can alert the technical gurus.
- Dalene

moobox
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Reservation Question

Unread post by moobox » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:48 am

Hello all
So I took a look online this morning and June/July 2015 arent available yet. Am I misunderstanding this whole thing. Must I get my wife to come and read and explain? She's quicker than I am.

Where can I read up what payment is due for what kind of reservation? ie. if I book online i got to pay in full, there and then. Which is probably what I'll go for as it's how I've done it in until now. But if I book by telephone, how do I know by when, how much deposit and where to I must pay the money?

Cheers - Ed

Carol g
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Carol g » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:18 am

Moobox, if you book by tel, you will be asked for your CC no too pay the deposit, they will then email you your booking, on it will be the amount outstanding and when it is due to be paid. Hope this helps
Those who have no love in there hearts for animals, have no love in there hearts at all

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Hugh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:21 am

Moobox if you book by phone they will e-mail you within a very short time to let you have the first letter and then it tells you when the deposit is due .. You can then get you wife to check it over and see all is correct .. and then you can pay the deposit by EFT or CC . and good luck that you get what you want
Camping:-where you spend a fortune to live like a homeless person

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:39 am

moobox wrote:Hello all
So I took a look online this morning and June/July 2015 arent available yet. Am I misunderstanding this whole thing. Must I get my wife to come and read and explain? She's quicker than I am.

Where can I read up what payment is due for what kind of reservation? ie. if I book online i got to pay in full, there and then. Which is probably what I'll go for as it's how I've done it in until now. But if I book by telephone, how do I know by when, how much deposit and where to I must pay the money?

Cheers - Ed

Ed, from the recent media release, for telephonic, or email bookings:

Visitors will be required to make the first deposit of 50 percent, 30 days after the booking has been made. The second deposit of 50% must be paid 60 days before arrival.

Edit:- when you call and book, the agent gives you the totals of the bookings and when the payments are due. And when your deposit request letter is emailed to you (right after making the booking) it also lists these dates and amounts.

As you say, online you pay in full when you book.
- Dalene

geoff_jungle

Re: Help with changes to booking please?

Unread post by geoff_jungle » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:56 pm

I was told by a SANPARKS official that reservations that have not been paid for are cancelled and cleared daily at 08h00 off the system. I have always found this advice to be accurate when altering my bookings.
Keep it to yourself though :P

Afriphile

Booking system problems.

Unread post by Afriphile » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:16 am

Hi,Can anyone out there help.
I have tried with 4 phone calls(from UK) over 2 days to try and pay a deposit for booking made via email.Each time the computer says "system error" and I am told to try again tomorrow.
This particular booking also does not appear online in my account,although similar bookings made at the same time do,and I have successfully paid the deposits for these.
I am no computer expert,but I think the problem is that there are 2 camps with a 3 day gap in between them.(going on Napi trail) and the system is programmed to not allow empty days.
I have asked that they put the camps on separate bookings but I am not convinced that they understood.
I do not wish to loose these bookings as they are for 8 people and would be impossible to repeat.
Help....

saraf

Re: Booking system problems.

Unread post by saraf » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:49 am

It is indeed because you have a gap in your itinerary that they aren't showing up online.

I'm going to send you a PM.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

ilonaharris

Reservations

Unread post by ilonaharris » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:28 pm

why is pensioner's discount not allowed when booking online?

MATTHYS

Re: Reservations

Unread post by MATTHYS » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:05 am

Please see SANParks' post here, Ilonaharris.

SANParks wrote:Dear colfenn,

At this point in time many of the rules and controls around the senior citizen discount rely on manual intervention within our Central Reservation System in order to prevent public from taking advantage of this online. Sorry to disappoint. :(

Having said that, it is in our plans to implement this facility in the foreseeable future.
aquila non capit muscas

suebfly

Re: Reservations

Unread post by suebfly » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:25 am

OH MY HAT - I completely forgot about the discount :wall: :wall: I have two bookings this year that would have qualified. Will they give me a credit that I can use on a third booking do you think???????

Return to “Advice needed (Not Park Specific) ”