Find information and join us for the next forum meeting

hilda
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2016)
FAC Member (2015)

Re: Please fly Yellow Ribbon in Parks

Unread post by hilda » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:24 pm

It should fit badprop_za! I'll forward your message to Lion Queen, if you request an order form from her, so that she can make sure what vehicle it is wanted for. She will be able to confirm. :thumbs_up:

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by lion queen » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:32 pm

badprop_za wrote:
hilda wrote:
badprop_za, I don't know how soon you are leaving on your trip, but you can order mirror socks and all kinds of goodies with the logo on. Look here: SANParks Online Fans.......... Where passion is pride!. :dance: :dance:

Hi Hilda,

we are only going in August. :(

Will the large (4x4) mirror socks fit a Discovery 3? Reason why I ask as I bought anti-rhino poaching socks and they did not fit.

Hi Badprop,

The way people want their mirror socks to fit differ. Some want them to cover the entire back side of the mirror and others are okay if covered mostly.

The 4X4 mirror socks are roughly 28cm X 28 cm, if that might help you decide.

In the link that Hilda supplied is an email address to which you can email your order, should you want to order something!
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

umtali1
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by umtali1 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:49 am

We have just returned from 16 nights in the Kruger travelling the length of the park, wearing our new mirror socks and yellow ribbons without seeing any splashes of yellow at all . I don't believe that we were the only mites in the park :hmz: : I suppose mites do still fly their ribbons :hmz:

We were delighted to meet GoggoEJ at Malelane. :gflower:

We also met Hilda, Barryels, Isinkwe and Morecat at a pre-arranged meal break on our way to the Kruger to collect a book that Inyanga30 had won. Great to catch up with them :gflower: : Much laughter in a very short time :lol: :lol:
umtali1

2016 Reis Verhaal from Kruger 'Bush' Camps
https://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=93948

2013 Mokala and KNP,
2015 "Cape Town to Namibia border" - Ebb and Flow, Karoo NP, Mokala, Augrabies & KTP

hilda
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2016)
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by hilda » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:10 am

Have a look here umtali1, and you will see who were in the Park the same time that you were there, and these are only 'mites who asked Jazil to put their dates on this thread: When will I see Yellow Ribbons in Kruger. :thumbs_up:

There could have been many more 'mites visiting KNP during that period, some might have been flying very small yellow ribbons, others might not want to fly yellow ribbons, but I must say, luck has also a role to play! Maybe we are too busy searching for animals and birds that we don't concentrate on oncoming traffic, and miss all the yellow ribbons. :wink:

salamanda
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by salamanda » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:24 pm

We have also just returned from KNP. Unfortunately, when opened the box labelled, amongst other things, "Yellow Ribbons" they were not there so I'm afraid we drove through the park without them. We met one other Yellow be-ribboned car at Mopani, which belonged to Wildebeest and her SO from Australia; they were, in fact, on the point of leaving for Letaba and then flying home but we had an interesting conversation and really enjoyed meeting them and were sorry that we hadn't run into them sooner. However, if by chance I get around to writing a TR you will find that there is a very strange co-incidence attached to this meeting . . . !

We also came across another car, this time with the forum yellow mirror socks. There were a couple in the car, but they didn't see us, because their attention was firmly fixed on something much more interesting. So if you had yellow mirror socks and were (somewhere between nine thirty and ten) at the sighting of the lion pride just north of Tshokwane on a little outlook loop looking over the N'waswitsontso River, maybe near Mafagalamba waterhole - you know, the nine lions lying on the cliff edge in front of the cars - really sorry that we missed you. We became so intent upon the lions that we forgot about anything else until it was too late.

PNF
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2015)

Unread post by PNF » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:44 am

Also just returned from Kruger.......yellow ribbons? No, we didn't have - found it yesterday on my dressing table :redface: :doh: Did come across Hippotragus and had a very pleasant couple of hours talking away. Apart from that, no other yellow's spotted but am sure that they were around ..................... somewhere!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Meets & Greets ”