Skip to Content

Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
brianvg

Re: Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Unread postby brianvg » Fri May 08, 2015 10:19 am

I was looking at the accommodation in the main rest camps and see very little provision for Family Chalets? Please can someone suggest how I book suitable accommodation for a family of 5 (2 adults +3 kids)? Do I really have to book 2 x Bungalow's where their aren't Family Chalets available?

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Fri May 08, 2015 10:59 am

Warm welcome to the forum Brian!

You don't say which camps in particular you are trying to book in but if only 2 or even 3 sleepers available then you might have to do that.
Are the children very young?
Often there are the 4 sleeper safari tents which could possibly accommodate an extra mattress but in general the round bungalows are just not spacious enough for more than the number of beds.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.
Kruger - 11th Feb - 8th March 2016

kallis1786
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby kallis1786 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi Everyone I have a quick question with regards to booking accomodation.

I have visitors coming and one of the visitors is my 1yo Niece, so when booking accommodation, do I mention the little one, or do I tell them at the camp that a baby is coming along, do I pay an extra fee for her?

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Mon May 11, 2015 3:03 pm

kallis, infants under 2 are free so assuming she will be sleeping in a camp cot of sorts?
I would guess you would just tell them the number of adults and one under the age of 2 when checking in.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.
Kruger - 11th Feb - 8th March 2016

AnnaVR

Unread postby AnnaVR » Sat May 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi all,

What is the best way to find out about cancellations at rest camps? I know it's a very long shot but we're looking for 1 night's accommodation on 9 July 2015 in any of the Southern Camps. Would need to be a family unit or 2 bungalows as we need to sleep 5 people.

Considering it's in the middle of silly season the only way it would happen would be if a cancellation comes up. Is it best to contact rest camps directly or through reservations at head office to keep track of any cancellations that might happen?

Thanks in advance.

saraf
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby saraf » Sat May 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Sorry, but really the only way is to keep checking the Availability pages, which I believe are real time.

If you are fairly proficient with Excel and its Web Data functionality you could create a table based on the Availability pages and program it to update regularly and alert you when something suitable becomes available. I did it once a few years ago but I don't know if it would still work with the new website.
Want to say Thank You or Well Done to a fellow 'mite? Why not nominate them for a Kudu?

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Angel of the Year (2015)

Unread postby Meandering Mouse » Sun May 17, 2015 6:22 am

I always start checking for cancellations about two months before the date I require. This when the rest of the deposit is due and a number of cancellations come through.

There are always bungalows kept back for the disabled. I think they become available two weeks before the relevant date. I might be wrong with that timing though.
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Lola Watrin

Base rate and max number of beds/persons

Unread postby Lola Watrin » Fri May 22, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi ,
Good morning to all of you,
A great site for reservation.
I just don't understand the issue of Base rate and the max number of persons.

We are two persons, in case I reserve a tent with max number of beds (4), what is the situation?
Do I pay the other two vacant beds? or do another two persons can share the tent with us??

Another question: do u provide small camping tents?

Many thanks.
Lola

DinkyBird

Re: Base rate and max number of beds/persons

Unread postby DinkyBird » Fri May 22, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi Lola, and welcome to the forums!

When you reserve a tent, you are paying for the number given for the base rate. So in most cases, 2. If you want to book for 4 people, and there are 4 beds, but the base rate is for 2 - then you need to pay for the extra 2.

There are permanent tents in Kruger, the safari tents which are for any visitors (local and overseas) to the park. No tents are provided to using for camping, those you need to supply yourself.

fabmaurice

Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Unread postby fabmaurice » Sun May 31, 2015 4:29 pm

Bonjour,

Before payment this week i will like to inquire about accommodations in Kruger park. We are a family of 5 we are visiting Kruger in september at Skukuza camps, Tamboti and Olifants we booked for seperate bungalows of 3 and 5. I would like to know if it is possible to have bungalows not far from each other? Also if there are specific location for view and in calm area?
It is a family get together and want to enjoy to the max, do we need to menton it somewhere or someone we need to contact directly.

DinkyBird

Unread postby DinkyBird » Sun May 31, 2015 4:41 pm

A warm welcome to the forums fabmaurice!

It will depend if you have booked different types of accommodation in the camps. So first have a look at the camp maps and see where the accommodation you have booked is - the unit codes are given on the camp maps.
Go to the 'select a camp' menu on this page.

Then choose units you would like, and email the camp requesting that you be allocated those units. You need to send in 3 choices and your client code and booking reference number. (You are welcome to ask advice here on which would be the best units)

You can find camp contact details in this topic, page back from here.

MSI

Who does the dishes?

Unread postby MSI » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:54 pm

I have looked for the answer to this questions in several places and can't find it.

I'll be staying at Lower Sabie, Olifants and possibly Mopani in November. The rooms I am requesting have braai and private kitchens. My question is am I supposed to do the dishes or does housekeeping (if there is daily housekeeping?) do them? No big deal either way, just couldn't find any answers to who is the dishwasher. :hmz:

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Re: Who does the dishes?

Unread postby lion queen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi MSI,

Dishes are your own responsibility.

Housekeeping make the beds in the morning and bring clean towels.

Enjoy your stay! :thumbs_up:
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

cheetahlady
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby cheetahlady » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi MSI

The dishes are your responsibility as housekeeping will not have time to do all the dishes for all the huts, in addition to their other tasks.

It is also not a good idea to leave dirty dishes outside ( most kitchens are outside) as this attracts animals, large and small.
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better
Albert Einstein

KNP June 2015
Mopani, Balule, Tamboti, Satara, Skukuza, Croc Bridge

Hugh
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hugh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:18 pm

MSI you don't need a TA to make a booking for any Sanparks you can book directly on line Then you know what you book is what you want Just check availability and then follow the easy instructions and then book .. and it saves a little money as I think you get a small discount if you book directly online. using the CC with this site is very safe .
"WRINKLES
Something other people have,
similar to my character lines

Return to “Kruger National Park”